The IT Administrator identifies, anticipates, and repairs technology systems and software. Their duties include monitoring the LAN for threats, monitoring for errors, connection issues,employing security protocols, managing file servers, and operating firewall systems.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Administrator resumes for your reference.
Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Designed and implemented first wireless network at a medium-sized corporation; used to meet a mandatory deadline without the benefit of an IT department.
- Successfully migrated from Exchange 2003 to Office 365 in a remote location.
- Prevented major network outage by quickly resolving the cause of misconfiguration of the Active Directory Security Group Policy for remote access; restored lost password rights to one server and saved the company $30,000.
- Assisted in development, writing documentation for and training users on new SharePoint 2013 software; saved company $25,000 when established team adopted it as standard operating procedure.
- Completed six-month contract as a project manager and team leader.
Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Designed and implemented new network infrastructure; installed new mainframe software, and upgraded existing hardware, software, and peripherals to optimize performance.
- Wrote and prepared an installation manual for an ATM machine for a local bank in order to make it more efficient.
- Designed, installed, and maintained a database system. Worked on the project management team that delivered the new system to meet the needs of our clients.
- Maintained database system at the site level by supporting transactions such as non-receipt of funds orders. Used SQL commands while maintaining the database structure using Oracle view. Effects of changes in the data structure were carefully considered before implementation updates.
- Supported the change in BANCOMAT International group and implemented the changes both on-site at the bank and by telephone. Worked with various IT professionals to communicate requirements, design, and implement solutions.
Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Designed, implemented and managed the IT infrastructures for the School’s computer system, CAP-Net (Current Assessment Paradigm), ITS, and the School’s mainframe.
- Troubleshot problems and applied tools that allowed for smooth operations with minimal impact on Student Education.
- Managed large secretarial staff; worked during usual business hours to ensure all critical functions ran smoothly.
- Documented all important information for quick reference; built a comprehensive library of industry standards and procedures for the School’s IT Department.
- Managed the IT Department’s budget and applied financial procedures to curb wasteful spending while maintaining high standards of work.
Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Maintained and enhanced the organization’s servers, applications, and services including support for the Intranet.
- Configured SQL servers to meet business objectives while reducing costs while meeting service-level agreements.
- Captured a 350% savings in cost and increased server performance by 300%.
- Proved or disproved hard-coded design weaknesses of software design. Improved courses of action in future projects that would reduce costs.
- Increased security with daily vigilance against web attacks and malware software attacks for which I had to develop counter measures against malicious activities.
Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Administering information technology means to execute actions consistent with goals and objectives by performing a variety of duties, including writing documents and reports, making recommendations and decisions, delegating tasks to subordinates, and coordinating activities between departments. This is what I did on my last job as an administrator.
- Positioned operations for cost improvement by reducing the number of entry errors made by clerks; developed a system for scanning checks and capturing vital data for the transfer to the new software program.
- Streamlined operations by streamlining document processing with an upgraded desktop publishing software package; updated programs with new functions for internal data exchange via electronic mail (e-mail).
- Utilized resources effectively by implementing the appropriate software and hardware to allow easy access between departments, county offices, and a variety of printers.
- Curbed problems with all aspects of LAN/WAN computer communications by supporting end-users with solutions to telecommunications problems.
Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Effectively devised and organized the server room infrastructure to efficiently support the information technology needs of a Fortune 500 company with over 50,000 employees.
- Streamlined workflows by creating an effective server room inventory classification protocol to prevent equipment damage, loss, and theft of valuable company assets.
- Named IT mainframe administrator for YYY corporation after securing over 90% approval rating from peers in the interview process.
- Provided invaluable moral support to fellow coworkers during lengthy layoffs; helped instill a positive attitude amongst IT staff members.
- Aided corporate executives in achieving greater workforce productivity through participation in software testing sessions conducted by vendor representatives.
Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Effectively ran the office computers, network, and fax machines.
- Maintained office supplies inventory.
- Developed and led computer training courses for staff.
- Oversaw all aspects of the office’s technical project management team.
- Co-ordinated and managed the development of one of the first commercial websites.
Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Increased market share of annual sales by 25% as Marketing Administrator through online database development, email marketing, and internet advertising.
- Troubleshot and resolved several issues with the Microsoft Exchange Server 2000.
- Oversaw construction details of the company website’s content developer, their project manager, web-developer companies, contractors, sub-contractors (electrical wiring and lighting), vendors (peripherals and supplies), and supervisor.
- Assessed the usefulness of current computer software programs in regards to administrative job duties for which they were designed; received favorable outcome from superiors based on cost-effectiveness.
- Aided in the design, development, and management of a new sales training class for twenty-four employees: 30% increase in sales revenue.
Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Managed and organized files on the company’s server, including but not limited to Word documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, and photos.
- Effectively communicated crucial information to co-workers when the network was down; quickly resolved a problem that prevented remote employees from accessing files.
- Clearly explained complex technological issues to colleagues not proficient in technological terminology; shared with upper management original solutions for enhancing user experience.
- Converted text documents into searchable PDFs for easier distribution of information; presented a plan for converting all departmental documents to an online format.
- Provided leadership in the integration of information systems after the merger of two companies; effectively integrated both networks for maximum productivity and security.
Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Administered, set up, and maintained various programs as a developer.
- Maintained database of teachers, parents, and therapists by maintaining data integrity and user accounts.
- Configured server software for servers with complex network configurations.
- Installed hardware for Data Center Operations to support hardware upgrades and expand server capabilities.
- Developed successful upgrades for customer pain points like the conferencing software by implementing new features with the customer’s input and request.
Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Administered systems, networks, and databases, interfacing with various vendors.
- Handled problems that included hardware, software, hardware and software upgrades and software installations.
- Contributed to the successful mitigation of computer-based problems related to security, system administration, technical support, and backups.
- Improved server availability by plugging in new servers as needed; installed new firewall programs for security purposes; created redundancy for online data storage.
- Assured network security through routine, timely, and complete backups of files.
To work as a IT Administrator, you need a degree in Computer Science, or actual work experience with LAN networks or certifications in a relevant field. An IT Administrator must be a problem solver, detail oriented, have great communication skills, have the ability to explain technical concepts, have great time management skills, stay up to date on industry trends, and complete hands on training as specific processes demand.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.