These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Pharmacy Intern resumes for your reference.
- Counsel patients on proper use of medications, adverse drug reactions, and side effects.
- Communicate with physicians’ offices to verify drug dosages, drug interactions, contraindications, and take verbal prescription orders.
- Increase patient compliance through patient quality calls.
- Consulted with patients regarding the proper use of medications, potential allergies, adverse drug reactions, and side effects in order to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Advised patients on the purchase of over-the-counter medications to relieve symptoms of common ailments.
- Established close relationships with patients while promoting the products and services of the pharmacy.
- Improved productivity by maintaining prescription prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Increased customer satisfaction 100% by utilizing strong analytical skills to resolve.
- Collaborated with customer, physicians and third party vendors to improve patient outcomes.
- Performed transfers of prescriptions and communicated directly with doctors’ offices.
- Performed patient care calls and helped out with inventory.
- Efficiently answered phone calls and processed high volume of prescription orders.
- Counseled patients regarding special instructions for medication administrations, expected outcomes of treatment, possible adverse effects, and potential over-the-counter drug interactions.
- Processed and dispensed narcotic medication in accordance to federal law and state regulations.
- Assisted in training and educating new pharmacy staff on current pharmacy practices and policies.
- Interpreted prescriptions and used judgement in decision-making while considering prospective drug review.
- Communicated with supervisor pharmacist regarding prescriptions that had potential for drug-drug interactions and possible therapeutic duplications.
- Managed general inventory, CII inventory, filing of prescriptions ensuring compliance with federal and state laws.
- Provide blood pressure screenings and education on the use of diabetes monitors, inhalers, and nasal sprays.
- Communicate with physicians’ offices regarding dosage verifications, therapeutic alternatives, and contraindications of medications.
- Introduce all new products and prescriptions with their expected beneficial and adverse effects to the clients.
- Implemented new marketing strategies that improved results from past promotional campaigns carried out in the community.
- Transfer prescriptions to and from other pharmacies and process insurance claims.
- Dispense medications and counsel patients on proper medications.
- Input prescription data entry and provide retail pharmacy customer services.
- Receive and transcribe prescriptions, and fill and dispense medications under pharmacist supervision.
- Counsel patients on prescription and over-the-counter medications under pharmacist supervision.
- Review patient profiles for duplicate therapy and drug interactions, and resolve third party rejections, calling insurance companies for assistance when needed.
- Compounding medications not commercially available in the preparation the patient requires.
- Help pharmacy manager with inventory control and training new employees.
- Manage third party matters such as chargebacks, and workers compensation claims.
- Consult patients on their pharmacotherapy and self-care needs under pharmacist supervision.
- Demonstrated critical skills and knowledge needed for pharmacy practice in a variety of settings including inpatient, outpatient, and administration.
- Engaged in administrative and educational activities such as in-services to healthcare staff, non-formulary requests, and Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee meetings.
- Actively participated in patient care activities in a number of ambulatory care clinics through patient counseling, chart reviews and MTM services (anticoagulation, primary care, infectious disease and mental health/Clozapine clinics).
- Receives and enters new prescriptions into computer efficiently and accurately.
- Processes insurance claims and resolves insurance issues.
- Communicates with patients to obtain accurate histories and provide great customer service.