Personal Injury Paralegals are tasked with assisting the lead attorney at a law firm. Their duties include reviewing personal injury laws, speaking with clients about their injuries, organizing medical reports, preparing settlement demands, gathering insurance information, and updating clients on their case.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Personal Injury Paralegal resumes for your reference.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 1
- Gathered and organized medical, dental, and legal records of injured plaintiffs for personal injury cases.
- Reported on deposition and trial status to clients and maintained contact with clients, attorneys, insurers, and hospitals throughout the process.
- Negotiated with insurance companies for reimbursement of reasonable hospital costs; recognized by local carrier as a knowledgeable resource on personal injury issues.
- Handled pre-trial discovery requests and prepared documents for motion practice in preparation for jury trials.
- Wrote extensive reports on outcome of settlement conferences; calculated exact amounts owed to each plaintiff during final accounting workup.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 2
- Extensively studied the U.S. legal system, including civil and criminal law, trial proceedings, and statutes of limitations.
- Gained four years’ experience completing patent document management tasks on a daily basis while employed at Universal Industries Incorporated.
- Successfully provided financial analysis to legal department for review following up on settlement agreements with multiple insurance carriers.
- Effectively used Microsoft Office 2010, particularly Word and PowerPoint to create professional-looking documents according to company standards and regulations.
- Earned two certificates in Civil Trial Skills from University of California Extension during 3 years’ study in paralegal studies program at American River College. Studied over 100 hours online with Kaplan education program to prepare for Certified Paralegal examination in September 2014.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 3
- Managed, developed and maintained attorney attorney-client relationships by providing personalized service to attorneys and their clients.
- Contributed over 50 hours of pro bono legal work in the community to provide access to justice for underprivileged individuals without legal representation.
- Provided critical support during trial by coordinating case information with other associates, developing exhibits, drafting correspondence, motions, court documents and organizing files
- Excelled at managing complex litigation assignments by performing multiple tasks with accuracy while maintaining positive client/attorney relationships.
- Increased personal billable hour productivity by 37% by focusing on time management strategies which allowed me to grow my book of business without increasing or time away from family or life outside of work.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 4
- Reconciled, managed, and organized files for more than 80 cases from initial filing to conclusion.
- Obtained more than $1 million in settlement cash awards on behalf of clients.
- Troubleshooted data management issues with agency vendor to ensure complete and accurate case information was accessible to all attorneys.
- Authored manuals on agency procedures for paralegals; earned recognition as one of two go-to persons for complex case preparation.
- Recognized by the managing attorney as a skilled professional who consistently turned difficult cases around quickly.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 5
- Assisted in the preparation of complex personal injury cases including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, fractures, and soft tissue damages.
- Organized physical therapy files to accurately reflect insurance history.
- Researched court decisions to determine the best course of action for litigating personal injury cases.
- Conducted speaker programs for professionals on current topics including trial preparation and effective witness techniques.
- Provided support during settlement negotiations by maintaining constant communication with involved parties, attorneys, opposing counsels, medical providers, claimants, family members, co-workers and other team members.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 6
- Handled over 100 cases for a high volume litigation firm.
- Effectively detected and explored relevant information to support prevailing party’s case with extensive knowledge of legal precedent.
- Successfully presented novel issues of law through oral argument during California Supreme Court proceedings.
- Expedited client service by creating standard operating procedures which streamlined internal processes, increasing office efficiency.
- Researched legislative history to determine intent regarding statutory construction for appellate division briefs.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 7
- Handled a wide variety of personal injury cases, including car accidents, slip and fall injuries, construction site accidents, medical negligence claims against hospitals and nursing homes.
- Launched successful insurance defense practice from the ground up by soliciting new business from current & past clients as well as hospitals and doctors.
- Achieved satisfaction for clients through excellent customer service skills by meeting deadlines and ensuring prompt resolution of their legal needs.
- Expanded insurance defense practice to increase profits through cold calling potential clients seeking representation in their personal injury claim.
- Entered a guilty plea for a client who was originally charged with a crime he didn’t commit due to my diligence in providing every piece of evidence I could find to exonerate him.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 8
- Resolved complex issues pertaining to personal injury law.
- Successfully managed and resolved multiple cases simultaneously, facilitating timely resolution and maximizing recovery for clients.
- Trained attorneys regarding accurate handling procedures of documentation and filing before deadlines; effectively reduced costs for attorney’s office.
- Assisted in drafting contract documents pertaining to medical records release; ensured compliance with legislative rules and regulations.
- Conveyed pivotal information about case status and progress by maintaining active schedule management via calendars, alerts, and notifications.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 9
- Prepared legal documents for personal injury cases.
- Gathered facts, documented evidence, interviewed witnesses, summarized narratives, wrote statements of facts and conclusions, researched applicable laws to ensure the validity of claims presented.
- Participated in preparation for jury trial by ordering medical records and creating exhibits.
- Opened an office location which increased customer accessibility while managing its financial performance.
- Investigated insurance companies’ claims processing procedures to identify opportunities for process improvement to increase efficiency and accuracy within the company’s system.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 10
- Prepared medical records for personal injury claims.
- Assisted expert witness with preparation of reports, testimony, and research.
- Negotiated settlements for cases up to $250,000.
- Quickly resolved conflicts between opposing parties by mediating disputes involving contract law, real estate transactions, and homeowner agreements.
- Provided final management of workers’ compensation claims before filing them in court to meet all deadlines as scheduled by the company.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 11
- Obtained a 98% settlement record for personal injury cases.
- Distinguished service as a legal assistant by winning annual awards from peers and attorneys.
- Managed highly confidential information, including medical records, case updates, claims of insurance carriers, and more.
- Performed expert witness testimony in state and federal courts on dental procedures and their application to personal injuries.
- Dedicated over 300 hours of pro bono work for under-represented minority communities.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 12
- Managed the day-to-day operational aspects of two law firms.
- Gave direction to five foreign language speaking paralegals; completed translations for over 100 legal documents.
- Oversaw preparation and submission of all necessary filings, complaints, petitions, motions, and other required applications.
- Performed financial documentation for attorney’s fee requests; presented accurate information during settlement conferences minimizing litigation costs.
- Effectively integrated technical knowledge in personal injury litigation with interpersonal skills to achieve best possible outcomes in court proceedings.
Personal Injury Paralegal Resume Sample 13
- Prepared, edited, and filed complaints in state and federal courts.
- Secured medical records for personal injury cases.
- Reviewed files for proper documentation of claim status at all times.
- Consulted with physicians to determine diagnoses, treatment plans, prognoses, and required resources for future care.
- Contacted insurance companies on behalf of clients experiencing complex issues or concerns regarding prior agreements between insurer-insured parties.
To become a Personal Injury Paralegal, you will need either a certificate in paralegal studies, or an associate degree in paralegal studies, knowledge of personal injury law is also beneficial but not required. The skills needed for this position are strong communication skills, reading skills, computer skills, attention to detail, analytical skills, customer service skills, organizational skills, and time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.