A wardrobe consultant works in the fashion and beauty industry providing wardrobe recommendations to customers and retailers. Duties include assessing client style preferences, making recommendations, making apparel purchases, working with store managers, selecting clothing for photoshoots, monitoring wardrobe budget, creating an exceptional customer experience, and meeting sales goals.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Wardrobe Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Wardrobe Consultant resumes for your reference.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Responsible for the overall success of the organization by coordinating with senior management, line managers, and employees to achieve the most important business objectives.
- Coordinated with suppliers in order to ensure the quality of merchandise; worked closely with merchandise managers to ensure that merchandise was ordered in advance of customer orders. Expanded product lines through innovative ideas and creativity.
- Analyzed market trends and new products in order to maintain the company’s competitive edge; monitored suppliers’ costs in order to decrease product price while maintaining quality. Extensively traveled overseas for meetings, inspections, product develop programs, best- practices workshops, consultative services, etc.
- Developed new business opportunities for the company in areas of special interest where they are not presently served, such as educational products. Developed media events, marketing plans, promotional processes, etc.
- Received outstanding quality award; continually provided superior customer service in all aspects of the organization including presentation, presentation ease of use, etc.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Improved the quality and presentation of inventory by utilizing and adhering to the “Clean as You Go” program.
- Upheld a high level of customer service by providing advice and educating customers on the benefits of current styles and fashions.
- Keep inventory fresh, innovative, and current with trend reports by attending trade shows as well as participating in design seminars.
- Recognized as an innovator for bringing awareness to new trends in style.
- Achieved award for outstanding presentation of merchandise at annual company meeting; received recognition from Senior Vice President for commitment to Whole Child Concept (product quality and client service).
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Won awards for outstanding performance.
- Effectively mentored and assisted coworkers in the conduct of the apparel industry’s most exacting standards; created an atmosphere that facilitated productive collaboration.
- Introduced new departments to the use of computers; established computer networks; effectively communicated project requirements to management.
- Forecasted economic trends to positively impact the profession; helped redefine departmental goals.
- Achieved award for work contribution; continued to develop style standards within company guidelines.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Received award for exceeding customer expectations while consistently delivering on promises.
- Achieved recognition for continuous improvement of customer satisfaction while representing the brand and merchandising the same.
- Achieved promotion to Supervisor by earning outstanding job performance and exceeding company and franchisee expectations.
- Achieved recognition as a qualified call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to brands’ guidelines.
- Earned outstanding quality rating; was presented the opportunity to attain additional sales training in order to further improve sales performance and sales productivity.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Coordinated a fashion show for young students from various public schools.
- Achieved award for excellent taste level in clothing by selecting appropriate colors, fabrics, and styles of clothing.
- Recognized by the Fashion Board for outstanding dedication and commitment to fashion consulting opportunities within the community.
- Trained interns in the world of fashion through a comprehensive program.
- Received recognition from peers and management for achieving sales records while maintaining a professional attitude.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Developed extensive knowledge of current trends in fashion and beauty, as well as color theory.
- Able to discern the precise look each client desired.
- Recommended appropriate wardrobe pieces based upon personal style, fit, and style guidelines for each client’s needs.
- Demonstrated an exceptional understanding of different cultures; provided advice on ethnic trends for customers who were interested in buying ethnic clothing.
- Received employee recognition for outstanding customer service; took initiative to assist customers with their transactions by anticipating their needs and satisfying them with the most appropriate product available.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Provided personal consultation regarding wardrobe purchases which were then ordered by the customer.
- Reviewed new styles and trends with customers.
- Helped customers select the best outfits based on current trends.
- Saved time for callers who called for assistance selecting clothing items; helped customers shop online.
- Provided assistance which contributed to an improved customer experience.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Designed and created customized, one-of-a-kind, professional attire for customers. This experience taught us the entire process of selecting the appropriate clothing for a client.
- Demonstrated well in completing our duties as personal stylists for numerous celebrities and celebrities’ siblings. This experience taught us how to effectively communicate with people from all different backgrounds. It also further taught us how to create well-thought-out, stylish outfits; how to present the client; and how to provide them with a good and comfortable shopping experience, and also be attentive enough to understand each client’s needs and wants.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively created and directed the production of an entire wardrobe for a bride.
- Received outstanding quality award; demonstrated how important it is to create a comfortable shopping experience for all who come to our salon.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Submitted material for runway shows.
- Actively participated in the production of three fashion shows; pre-scouted events; formulated cost estimates; budgeted event budgets.
- Co-produced fashion show in collaboration with a professional photographer.
- Submitted photos for editorial and advertising use; participated in the production of three fashion shows; pre-scouted events; formulated cost estimates; budgeted event budgets.
- Performed in the production of 3 runway shows produced by outside companies.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Worked with designers to create an elegant aesthetic for corporate functions.
- Completed personal appearance for top executives, VIPs, and social events.
- Assisted an exclusive client in styling his wardrobe for a wedding.
- Created an upscale image for the client’s line of jewelry.
- Collaborated with managers, store associates, and project managers to ensure all aspects of the event were executed properly.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Consistently achieved sales goal of $75,000; recognized by management for sales achievement.
- Ordered merchandise according to top trends in the fashion industry.
- The increased retail value of inventory by 15%; recognized for extraordinary performance.
- Achieved award for customer satisfaction; effectively assisted customers with general clothing questions.
- Put new, innovative ideas into practice involving the storage of inventory on the floor which resulted in more efficient on-floor rotation.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Assisted customers whose wardrobes were out-of-date with selections from new clothing lines.
- Resolved customer care issues and presented a customer service award to a department member for going above and beyond the call of duty.
- Invited to seminars held by major clothing manufacturers on new lines, fabrication techniques, and styling tips.
- Participated in focus groups on product development for existing and potential customers.
- Attended presentations of product marketing strategies conducted by marketing consultants based on their research of the fashion industry.
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 13
- Identify trends in the fashion industry; select specific items to sell using accessories, accessories, boots, clothing items, shoes, handbags, and the like.
- Order merchandise; place merchandise on racks according to size and color specifications; observe customer’s reactions while they view merchandise.
- Set up displays; organize displays according to size and color specifications; bring samples to store window for the customer to view.
- Evaluate potential clients’ needs for their clothing size/color/fashion styles; assist customers in selecting appropriate clothing items.
- Organize inventory by type of item (clothing).
Wardrobe Consultant Resume Sample 14
- Achieved award for serving the needs of customers within the allotted time frame.
- Promoted to Wardrobe Consultant position for knowledge of business attire, personal appearance, and ability to work under pressure.
- Received exceptional service award; composed written correspondence to customers that exceeded satisfaction survey guidelines.
- Included in an article for career advice in the local newspaper; found helpful by students regarding internships and employment opportunities.
- Gained promotion for fast responses regarding budget-conscious wardrobe solutions; recognized by Senior Stylist as a dedicated wardrobe consultant.
Education requirements include a bachelor’s degree in marketing or fashion and two years’ experience selling clothing. Skills to succeed include knowledge of fit and tailoring of clothing, friendly customer service, passion for sales, confident, detail-oriented, organized, punctual, good eye for style, strong networker, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.