A VP of Sales and Marketing typically reports to the CEO and is responsible for managing the sales and marketing strategy of all brands under the organization. Their core duties entail leading marketing and sales teams, devising strategy, creating budgets, collaborating with product development teams, developing the market and fueling sales growth and customer satisfaction.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best VP Of Sales And Marketing Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real VP Of Sales And Marketing resumes for your reference.
VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 1
- Directed the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of over 25 business accounts generating over $1 million in sales annually.
- Created custom promotional campaigns to launch new products and bring positive awareness to key markets.
- Increased customer retention by 30% through email marketing programs; recognized by the President for exceptional performance.
- Designed, developed and implemented customized sales programs for business accounts driving over $1 million in revenue.
- Achieved record profits by collaborating on a project team; created promotional campaigns to launch new products within the marketing mix.
VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 2
- Implemented new advertising, marketing, and PR campaigns for the Post with strong emphasis on direct mailings which increased distribution by over 25%.
- Wrote press releases, guides, reports, speeches to promote progress in public relations.
- Videotaped post office history; produced documentary seen by over 100,000.
- Spearheaded the promotion of an innovative on-line service for kids; new product was awarded with “Best Of” awards.
- Created new on-line events to promote Post’s products; articles reached 9 million people each week.
VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 3
- Enjoyed a 10% growth in sales revenue while achieving $6.2 million in new accounts during 12 months time and recognized by President of company.
- Spearheaded the development and implementation of the marketing strategy for a $15 million B2B print campaign including generating press releases, scheduling interviews, securing radio time, designing media kits, ghostwriting articles ,and pitching ideas to local news channels.
- Responsible for upselling products or services to existing clients, resulting in an increase of average order size by 15%.
- Effectively presented company to perspective customers through successful cold calls, emails and proposals that resulted in winning over $1 million in contracts.
- Recognized by President of company for developing the marketing department by recruiting, training and motivating team members, leading morale building events to foster a positive work environment.
VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 4
- Launched a campaign for digital billboard sign leasing company with $13 MM in annual revenue.
- Represented 20+ major corporations at the world’s largest trade show, acquiring new clients and increasing brand awareness.
- Systematically increased online sales by 10% through improved web marketing techniques; recognized as top performer by the VP of Sales.
- Reestablished an international presence for a major real estate development company, increasing visibility in Latin America with success stories from Brazil and Mexico.
- Implementation of a training curriculum that provided customer service representatives with advanced knowledge on products, services, and pricing resulted in increased revenue by 40%.
VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 5
- Launched and managed a $200k+ comprehensive marketing campaign in order to increase name recognition and brand awareness.
- Led and inspired a team to increase market penetration across multiple geographic areas; increased company revenue by 22% within the first year.
- Directly responsible for negotiating and finalizing contracts with major clients such as Boeing, US Airways, and Expedia, Inc.
- Meticulously managed campaigns through all phases of development from concept and design through final production and execution.
- Fostered innovative marketing skills among junior staff; instilled a focus on results and accountability throughout the organization.
VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 6
- Improved business operations by 52% within one year after taking the position as marketing executive.
- Directed a team of 20 communicators, including three public relations specialists for 22 community hospitals in Central Ohio region.
- Captured the attention of over 30 million news consumers from 46 media markets, generating 10 billion media impressions.
- Became known as the expert in healthcare marketing, allowing for increased media opportunities and contributed op-eds that appeared in more than 20 industry publications.
- Demonstrated thought leadership by creating and presenting at more than 50 national and regional healthcare marketing conferences.
VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 7
- Introduced innovative product marketing campaigns to over four hundred sales representatives, dealerships, and dealers.
- Launched new products into the market place by designing strategic advertising, marketing, & PR programs.
- Achieved prestigious recognition as Salesperson of the Year among City Auto Dealership Association for consistently exceeding volume goal.
- Increased market share by over 10% with a focus on new product launches, value-added services, and customer satisfaction.
- Introduced budget training program to 35 dealership managers, saving the company $50 million in less than three months.
VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 8
- Streamlined company operations while developing new client relationships for $22 million increase in revenue.
- Oversaw all media buying and data management to produce peak performance of $4.7 million revenue on $560,000 marketing budget.
- Promoted to senior VP of sales after reducing advertising costs by 10 percent while increasing client acquisition by 12 percent.
- Improved company-wide customer relations with increased engagement of social media users.
- Pioneered concept of marketing data visualization to identify trends in consumer behavior for improved market performance.
VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 9
- Introduced new services to increase sales by 20%, recognized by the President of the company.
- Produced successful marketing plans, leading to a marked increase in new customers and an increased share of total market revenue.
- Collaborated with creative department to produce successful marketing campaigns that obtained over $20 million in new revenue.
- Assessed the needs of regional and national account executives for product information, thus increasing sales by 16%.
- Developed innovative marketing tactic to further expand market presence; led to company obtaining 50% increase in outlet outlet penetration and over $500 million in new revenue.
VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 10
- Launched new product lines and recorded double-digit growth for 18 months straight, i.e. 8.8% in first quarter; 9.5% in second quarter; and 10.3% in third quarter (all three consecutive periods achieved since stepping into the position).
- Accounted for over $4.4 million in annual revenue, more than $300k of which was new business; led the division to receive 12 awards for marketing excellence.
- Crafted brand awareness by securing more than 20 media interviews with national and international press during one month period.
- Partnered with company’s A-list celebrity spokesperson to raise over $4 million in donations for international relief efforts following 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake/tsunami.
- Implemented professional trade show booths, advertising campaigns, and sponsorships resulting in an increase of traffic to company’s website from 480 daily visitors to over 2,000 per day.
VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 11
- Secured over $1 million in new business during first year as VP of Sales and Marketing.
- Increased company market share by 15% due to successful execution of marketing initiatives.
- Oversaw the development of brand new product line that saw a massive increase in revenue.
- Turned company around by successfully implementing an aggressive marketing campaign that increased sales by over 10% within 6 months.
- Spearheaded the development of innovative marketing plan for one of the most successful product launches in company history.
You need to have a bachelor’s degree whereas an MBA in business subjects would be preferred for this role. This person should demonstrate good communication skills, leadership capabilities, strategic thinking, project management skills, numerical aptitude, attention to detail and presentation skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best VP Of Sales And Marketing Resume Samples
- VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 1
- VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 2
- VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 3
- VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 4
- VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 5
- VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 6
- VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 7
- VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 8
- VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 9
- VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 10
- VP of Sales and Marketing Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up