A VP Of Marketing oversees directing and overseeing the company’s Marketing department, including designing, implementing, and monitoring the company’s marketing strategies. Their duties include designing the company’s marketing budget, reviewing the company’s marketing budget, monitoring all marketing campaigns, prepare reports to present to your CEO, and set short- and long-term goals for internal teams.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best VP Of Marketing Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real VP Of Marketing resumes for your reference.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 1
- Managed multi-million-dollar advertising and marketing campaigns for financial services, travel, and telecommunications.
- Guided agency design team through the successful launch of the new branding.
- Collaborated with the creative team to develop a comprehensive voice, tone, and style guide.
- Upheld high production standards by editing copy on a daily basis.
- Oversaw a staff of five writers during the busiest period in agency history.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 2
- Increased clientele by 15% in the first month of service with my new company’s marketing campaign.
- Pursued and attained market share within the competitive landscape of the wireless application market during my three years as a senior manager.
- Secured press placements in the top media market for new phone/computer launch, increasing sales from 140K to 180K units in the first quarter.
- Purchased advertising space for a six-month period at a discounted rate after vendor recognized my company’s contributions to their success.
- Increased sales of women’s apparel by more than 40% in two years, while also managing the operating income of the department.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 3
- Developed advertisement strategies, writing, and creative concepts for ten different products.
- Attained third highest sales in the company history of $41 million by designing unique marketing strategies.
- Achieved record-high profit margins through effective marketing campaign design for new product launches.
- Launched the first of its kind new product to be sold nationwide through innovative advertising, promotion, and mobile technology.
- Produced award-winning high-profile advertisements for over fifteen national award-winning products including Coca-Cola®, Sun Drop®, Hershey®, Northern Light®, and others.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 4
- Managed national purchasing operations for multi-channel marketing services.
- Collaborated with major manufacturers across seventeen states to develop new promotional programs.
- Aggressively raised customer awareness of manufacturer’s products through product analysis, social media influence, and strategic word-of-mouth campaigns.
- Capitalized on 60% growth in customer traffic by arranging an innovative coupon distribution strategy.
- Influenced 8,000 new customers for one manufacturer over two years by 160 targeted email campaigns.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 5
- Created, developed, and implemented individual advertising, marketing, and public relations strategies to promote products and services of various companies across diverse markets.
- Attained the seventh-highest sales numbers for new products among all U.S.-based companies in the Advertising/Marketing/PR industry during three years of continuous service.
- Helped establish nationwide advertising programs with nationwide exposure by creating customized press releases with national news syndicates to drive national coverage of product launches during one year of service.
- Successfully created or strategized new products, products launched or re-launched, and revamped existing brands as a leading editor for a nationally circulated magazine promoting consumer insights.
- Stood out as the creative force behind a national advertising campaign for new products, having crafted press kits, media packets, and creative strategies.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 6
- Created and directed unique marketing strategies for Fortune 500 companies during four years as a Marketing Specialist.
- Orchestrated cross-media advertisements and sales promotions for twenty large retail and restaurant brands.
- Established online presence for two start-up firms, one of which is now the third-largest retailer in the specialty market.
- Achieved Double-Digit Return on Investment during three years as a VP of Marketing.
- Faced varied odds and overcame obstacles in establishing multiple businesses.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 7
- Improved sales by 20% by developing and implementing a new telemarketing lead generation campaign with auto-dialers, answering machines, and scripts.
- Reduced department costs by $5000 by re-evaluating telemarketer production quotas and monitoring daily performance reports.
- Decreased vending machine breakage rates within the company’s 800 machines nationwide from 11% to 1% within one year of implementation of a real-time monitoring system that routinely alerts service technicians of maintenance needs.
- Realized a 16% reduction in consumer warranty service costs for a home appliance manufacturer by managing a database of product malfunctions and corresponding causes to determine causes for replacement parts and labor costs.
- Created a new proprietary method for consumers to receive product information from the company, resulting in a 20% increase in sales from catalog advertising.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 8
- Created and developed in-house marketing campaigns for the largest martial arts studios in the Southeastern United States.
- Trained to the full completion, from White to Black Belt, five private students by 6 years of ongoing home Jiu-Jitsu instruction.
- Realized new potentials for human sharing, cooperation, and diplomacy after establishing eight international martial arts partnerships.
- Realized new potentials for human sharing, cooperation, and diplomacy after opening a fitness center by promoting its health benefits through martial arts training.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 9
- Delegated, coordinated, and supervised the work of a team of nearly a dozen account executives for a national marketing campaign.
- Developed promotional strategies that led to a near-doubling in sales while creating goodwill for a new product line.
- Created image campaign that included both print and broadcast media to increase brand awareness by more than 100 percent.
- Collaborated with management to expand target markets through additional mediums of advertising.
- Handled accounts payable by maintaining accurate records of the amount owed each client, at all times.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 10
- Designed and implemented a $150,000.00 marketing campaign promoting New Marketing’s business in one month.
- Forecasted and guided the formulation of an $80,000.00 annual marketing plan for New Marketing in one month.
- Effectively managed the company staff, office workers, coworkers, vendors, partners, partners’ clients/teammates/hired people for five years to ensure seamless cooperation with organizational goals.
- Mitigated conflict between CEO & President of New Marketing to achieve mutual goals without compromise or confrontation during two years of service.
- Invented a new logo, advertising campaign, and marketing for New Marketing that had a seven-fold increase in revenue within three years.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 11
- Created, designed, and produced PR materials for author Arnold Schwarzenegger’s book “Total Recall”, the film adaptation of which featured an art poster by John Varley that was included in the original award-winning cover of Science Fiction magazine.
- Drafted the first draft of the “6-Point Business Plan” to fulfill one of President Reagan’s seven points to his 1980 election for president.
- Created marketing programs for major publishers, which resulted in research studies to increase sales productivity.
- Designed, created, and produced promotional materials for public relations campaigns launched by independent publishers to introduce their products at national conferences.
- Developed, coordinated, and produced special marketing campaigns for clients of entrepreneurial firms to help launch their products.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 12
- Transferred (rebranded) the company website, resulting in 100% conversion to sales.
- Created and implemented a six-figure marketing campaign within the first three months.
- Implemented a four-month advertising budget with the first two months fully expended.
- Launched seven (7) new products by November 2007, all advertised heavily via national media outlets, including Oprah Winfrey.
- Drove sales for three (3) new products in the first year after launching by 60% through personal product demonstrations.
VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 13
- Managed the successful branding and marketing of a $36 million dollar division-wide product launch within six months, increasing sales by 30% and adding $6 million to the annual profit.
- Collapsed a 67-day sales pipeline into seven days through intensive product positioning, pricing strategy, and account development.
- Conducted a global market analysis for a top ten advertising firm’s new largest account opportunity within four days, identifying key opportunities and resolving issues.
- Created highly effective marketing materials to increase awareness of a new division from 30% to 60% within two months, adding 2 million dollars to profit.
- Decreased sales cycle time for complex technological products from ten days to four hours through close customer attention, product knowledge, and team activity.
To start work as a Vice President of Marketing, you will need to have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or any other relevant field. A Vice President of Marketing should possess strong leadership skills, excellent communications skills, strong analytical and project management skills, with an ability to make difficult decisions.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best VP Of Marketing Resume Samples
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 1
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 2
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 3
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 4
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 5
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 6
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 7
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 8
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 9
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 10
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 11
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 12
- VP Of Marketing Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up