Student Tutors are tasked with assisting students who are having difficulty with a subject in schools. Their duties include monitoring the students’ performance, documenting student progress, scheduling tutoring sessions with students, attending staff meetings, updating student records in the database, and participating in training programs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Student Tutor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Student Tutor resumes for your reference.
Student Tutor Resume Sample 1
- Developed a plan for increasing tutoring capacity at my university, implementing strategies that increased the number of students served by 50%.
- Created an online tutoring application that allows students to apply for tutoring remotely.
- Increased the number of students served by 150% by developing a new set of marketing materials and increasing marketing efforts.
- Developed a new system for tracking student progress, allowing me to provide better feedback to students and giving me more time to focus on individual needs.
- Trained 12 new tutors in various educational techniques, helping them serve 100% more students than prior to their training.
Student Tutor Resume Sample 2
- Tutored students to improve grades in Biology, Chemistry, and Algebra 1
- Developed a series of lessons for all three subjects to give the students a clear understanding of the material being taught.
- Created an outline for each class period, to ensure that the student understood the material being taught.
- Assessed progress of each student at the beginning of each class period, so that modifications could be made if necessary.
- Gave verbal feedback at the end of each class period, so that the student could understand any areas that needed improvement.
Student Tutor Resume Sample 3
- Taught a course in basic home budgeting to a class of 20 students, using visual aids to explain concepts and practices.
- Acted as a peer tutor for students who were having difficulty grasping the material in a course.
- Performed one-on-one tutoring for students with disabilities, helping them improve their reading skills by 5 grade levels.
- Assisted students in developing study skills and techniques to help them pass the high school equivalency exam.
- Led a weekly study group that focused on improving reading comprehension and writing skills among adult learners.
Student Tutor Resume Sample 4
- Mentored students in the areas of mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- Developed study techniques for students struggling with course material.
- Assisted students in the development of study habits.
- Helped students prepare for examinations by reviewing course material.
- Used knowledge of subject matter to help students overcome weaknesses in subjects such as algebra, calculus, and geometry.
Student Tutor Resume Sample 5
- Mentored students with a variety of learning needs, including reading, writing, and math skills. Prepared lesson plans and materials to engage a diverse student population.
- Designed and implemented a remedial reading program for students in the eighth grade, including low-achieving students who were struggling with reading comprehension.
- Identified an opportunity to improve the school’s tutoring program by creating a tutoring center that was available after school hours. Increased student enrollment from 60 to 140 students within one year of implementation.
- Collaborated with teachers to develop an after-school tutoring program that focused on improving students’ study skills and strategies.
- Implemented a new approach to teaching that helped them learn faster.
Student Tutor Resume Sample 6
- Provided academic assistance to students in a wide range of subjects, including math, science, and English.
- Assisted students in developing study skills and time management techniques to promote academic success.
- Planned and implemented a tutoring program that increased student retention rates by 10% within one year of implementation.
- Developed a tutoring program using the Internet available to students from home.
- Assisted faculty in assessing student needs for tutoring services and collaborated with them on the development of a plan to address those needs.
Student Tutor Resume Sample 7
- Mentored students in elementary school, providing them with tutoring services and reading support for more than one year.
- Led a team of eight tutors who provided academic support for students in grades 2-5, ensuring that their needs were met and they were on track to meet state standards.
- Provided students with individualized instruction to increase performance on state-mandated tests, including the California Standards Tests (CSTs), California Achievement Tests (CATs), and Stanford Achievement Tests (SATs).
- Led a team of four tutors to develop a plan to improve reading skills among at-risk students, focusing on comprehension issues.
- Served as a liaison between Middle School and the school district, communicating students’ academic progress to teachers and vice versa.
Student Tutor Resume Sample 8
- Mentored high school students in preparation for the GED test, including studying for and taking the test.
- Developed curriculum for tutoring sessions, which included study guides and practice tests. Assessed student progress and adjusted tutoring sessions accordingly.
- Presented weekly lesson plans to supervisor and team members; reviewed weekly lesson plans to ensure compliance with state standards.
- Provided individualized instruction to students, using a variety of teaching methods that met students’ needs and abilities.
- Scheduled and held tutoring sessions in a timely manner; adapted schedule when necessary to accommodate students’ schedules.
Student Tutor Resume Sample 9
- Received teaching certificate from University of Nebraska, and taught classes for three years to elementary and middle school students in reading, writing, and math.
- Made three semesters of classroom instruction, serving as an assistant instructor, to elementary school students.
- Coordinated reading, writing, and math classes, to the full completion, for more than two hundred students in grades four to six.
- Achieved two years of ongoing tutoring and counseling for elementary and middle school students, including reading, writing, and math.
- Demonstrated professional level skills and competency, with students from different backgrounds and cultures.
Student Tutor Resume Sample 10
- Gave two presentations on child development topics to the Headmaster and faculty of my local high school, leading to improvements in the students’ grades and behavior.
- Assisted students in preparing for standardized tests and developed strategies for their success.
- Assisted the school librarian in the organization of her collections and the creation of lesson plans.
- Served as a peer tutor for a summer enrichment program.
- Assisted an art teacher in grading artwork and setting up a new curriculum.
Student Tutor Resume Sample 11
- Improved English proficiency of 10 native speakers through the use of customized software that was developed to allow the students to practice their speaking skills in an efficient manner.
- Reviewed students’ essays and compiled a report summarizing their strengths and weaknesses.
- Provided feedback on students’ writing skills and grammar.
- Worked with individual students on their homework.
- Created study guides for the Advanced Placement English Language exam and organized classes for the AP English Language and Composition exam.
To become a Student Tutor, you must be enrolled in an academic program, and have excellent grades in the subject that you intend to tutor in. The skills needed for this position are strong communication skills, ability to motivate others, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, computer skills, excellent academic record, organization skills, and time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.