A special education coordinator works with the teachers of students with special needs or learning disabilities,and helps them to become successful. Duties of a special education coordinator include lesson planning, assessing student needs, assigning teachers to their proper students, consulting with parents and staff, collaborating with other school members, and ensuring a quality education.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Special Education Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Special Education Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Developed lesson plans and materials for five classes of developmentally-disabled adults and taught them to read, write, and speak.
- Facilitated student confidence through the leading role of disability awareness association president.
- Expanded the linguistic abilities of the visually impaired by teaching sign language and Braille writing.
- Led a team of three coworkers to educational workshops on patient care, dealing effectively with medical stress, and comprehension for the aged.
- Guided a team of eight employees to perform their duties with professionalism and integrity by setting the example as supervisor.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Taught students with various disabilities to communicate, read, and write English and Mandarin Chinese at CNIS Toronto.
- Liaised with parents of special needs students of multiple locations and curricula to ensure curricula compatibility and progress.
- Scheduled appointments, conducted home visits and provided academic monitoring for special needs children registered in multiple school districts.
- Assessed skills of physical education teachers and adapted sports programs for physically challenged individuals within the school system.
- Organized and managed one-day workshops and three-day seminars on physical fitness for parents of physically challenged children.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Established and maintained procedures and protocols for over one hundred special education students and paraprofessionals to ensure academic and social success.
- Instructed core curriculum courses to at-risk elementary school students, using methods of positive reinforcement, hands-on applications, technology, technology applications for classroom/social skills integration.
- Implemented awards programs to motivate student participation in-class activities. Recognized efforts with graduations ceremonies, plaques, certificates of merit.
- Discovered potentials of all students through summer reading program partnership with local libraries.
- Created a web-based guidance program using Red Lion Area School District’s blueprint website for student and parent use.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Supervised forty hours of courses, four hundred pages of student work, fifty-five lesson plans, and six hours of test preparation for three thousand students in grades one through eight.
- Scheduled lessons in classrooms, libraries, gymnasiums, community centers, and parks.
- Assessed each course to determine the position student required to pass.
- Collected attendance registers from four overcrowded schools with the emphasis on promptness and prompt correction.
- Determined junior high school students’ success by measuring final class grades on a scale of 1-5.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Directed a functional education program for three emotionally handicapped boys.
- Researched and developed procedures for the acquisition of a community recreation program to offer personal development experiences to at-risk youths.
- Promoted positive self-esteem in young adults who lost family members through the process of grief counseling and spiritual renewal activities.
- Coordinated a grievance procedure to assure parental representation at a conference that developed a crisis management plan for individual students experiencing severe behavioral problems.
- Created a program of family involvement in educational planning that established communication between the school and parents.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Instituted teacher-student coordination by creating a program connecting learning disabilities students with augmented classes.
- Coordinated all special education activities, including scheduling of classes, trips, and events.
- Lead coordination of all public relations for five specialists across three campuses of a large curriculum school district.
- Directed the continuing training of specialists to ensure consistent quality instruction for disabled children.
- Mutually decided that job effectiveness was hindered by school board interference in policy decisions regarding instruction of students with learning disabilities.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Designed programs to accommodate learning differences of special education students; based on needs derived from IEPs.
- Developed team of teachers, aides, and parent volunteers to train, instruct, and mentor non-English speaking mothers with preschool children.
- Organized team members into working groups to collaborate on programs for various grade levels; with a focus on age-specific activities.
- Performed administrative duties as department manager; including creating agendas, coordinating meetings, reviewing staff schedules, and updating student files for five schools in four locations.
- Monitored all aspects of the general operation of the special education department with oversight toward ten full-time teachers and four aides.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- On-site and at-home training of 27 special education students by matching their special needs with duties of office assistants and clerical support staff.
- Participated in the Administrative and Clerical School Board of Appeals meetings to ensure all procedural rules were followed; especially, in their decisions of amending or accepting procedural addenda to be written on behalf of all members of the board.
- Performed the following duties: transcribed minutes, legal notices, exhibits, exhibits by topic, exhibits by ordinance or resolution, exhibits by finance account documents; received and filed documents on board agenda.
- Compiled daily data on personnel and finances for all principals and vice-principals. Analyzed and prepared monthly updates for principals. Coded and categorized all records in alphabetical file folders.
- Revised daily files by adding, deleting, combining, or changing data. Analyzed data to prepare accurate reports of student progress on standardized tests.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Launched two recruitment programs to draw more diverse, highly qualified teachers into the local school district.
- Administered a district-wide staff performance review program.
- Organized the annual district convention for staff members and administrators.
- Absorbed over 100 hours of community college work per week.
- Created a 90-page policy manual for special education teachers in the district.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Presented excellent public relations for my school district as a guest speaker at local Kiwanis meetings.
- Supervised a well-organized, highly productive, top-ranked Special Education program.
- Organized over 150 social events and assignments for students with documented disabilities.
- Implemented state-of-the-art assessment methods to track the academic progress of students to ensure proper placement in classes and programs.
- Raised funds to support Special Education programs by organizing 4 annual blood drives which collected 121 pints to give patients hope for life.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Organized and maintained all phases of classroom curriculum, from kindergarten to grade 12, for 100 students within the school.
- Created new instructional materials for self-defense and relaxation techniques, as well as for instructions for understanding personal problems.
- Assumed responsibility, with minimal supervision, for setting up a private school in Tucson after moving there temporarily with my husband.
- Organized the reorganization of the Special Education Department.
- Accompanied my husband on extended business trips into Arizona’s mountains, desert country, and mountainous regions. I steeped myself into this extensive region of our home state to teach Jiu-Jitsu throughout our growth years.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 12
- Enforced school’s policies for student conduct and behavior while maintaining peace and discipline within the classroom.
- Ensured timely completion of all administrative paperwork, including emergency medical and mental health forms.
- Provided positive leadership skills to fellow staff members, resulting in a unified curriculum and constructive environment.
- Organized special needs children to promote academic growth and social interaction within a classroom of mixed skills levels.
- Mentored special needs children to realize their full potential in self-confidence and self-esteem.
Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 13
- Organized, coordinated, and implemented an education support program for children with special needs.
- Directed nine trained aides to work with mentally, physically, and emotionally disabled children.
- Prepared monthly minutes of meetings for review by the Board of Directors.
- Trained all instructional aides in the organization’s classroom behavior management techniques.
- Introduced new educational programing that proved effective in increasing reading achievement levels for students with learning disabilities.
Educational experience required is a master’s degree in education and sometimes additional coursework or qualifications in special education. Necessary skills include computer skills, strong communication skills, ability to teach in a creative and understandable way, patience, professionalism, empathy, and a passion for working with special needs children.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Special Education Coordinator Resume Samples
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 12
- Special Education Coordinator Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up