A speaker is someone who gives speeches in front of an audience of people. Their duties include conducting research on their speech topic, meeting with companies to discuss speech topics, writing scripts for their speech, presenting speeches to the audience, answering the audience’s questions, and engaging with the public.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Speaker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Speaker resumes for your reference.
Speaker Resume Sample 1
- Guided, inspired, and motivated over 100 professionals in the hotel business towards a successful career, while adhering to The Four Pillars of Career Success.
- Pitched new ideas to board members regarding hotel management strategies for economic success.
- Served as keynote speaker at annual Midwestern business conference that addressed main responsibilities of executive positions.
- Earned standing ovation from audience members attending the Harry S Truman Birthday Dinner for moving speech addressing foreign relations and military strategy; recognized by President Nixon’s Secretary of State and wife, Pat Nixon.
- Earned international acclaim during presentation held before foreign dignitaries; expressed sympathy to the victims of war crimes committed by totalitarian regimes.
Speaker Resume Sample 2
- Wrote, developed, and delivered 50 keynotes to 5,000 people over an 8-year period.
- Gave the keynote address at the largest training event in 25 years; recognized by company President for outstanding performance.
- Presented seminars on time management to five companies/organizations in excess of one hour each.
- Provided organizational development consultation to 12 federal agencies, enabling them to take immediate action toward improving productivity and profitability through training employees in teamwork dynamics.
- Received national awards for speaking excellence that included best business speaker, top ten travel presenter, and top 500 speakers worldwide.
Speaker Resume Sample 3
- Led numerous seminars that inspired and motivated audiences to tap into their own “Chi” for peak performance in life through mental, physical, and spiritual balance.
- Delivered a keynote speech at a national convention on the value of diversity.
- Embodied enduring wisdom while making self-discipline achievable by delivering a keynote speech on maintaining positive relationships based on personal accountability.
- Addressed cultural differences among Canadian businesses to bridge communication gaps with American business leaders during a conference hosted by the Governor of Texas.
- Presented new ways for building trust between customers and employees after speaking about how to achieve success from failure at an international leadership conference hosted by the Prime Minister of New Zealand.
Speaker Resume Sample 4
- Composed and delivered training courses in 9 languages to global audiences; over 1,000 people attended these sessions.
- Provided speeches in English, French, Portuguese (Brazil), German, Italian, Polish (Eastern Europe), Japanese (Asia), Arabic (Middle East), Tagalog (Philippines) with reception of 8.5 out of 10 or greater satisfaction rating for all trainings.
- Completed three years in delivering oral presentations in engaging/enthusiastic style to diverse groups of people-and the audience was able to retain information after my presentation.
- Established successful rapport between team members based on enthusiastic attitude and ability to inspire cooperation during regional cross-cultural business negotiations.
- Contributed to warm and welcoming environment during nine months of intensive team orientation training for new employees.
Speaker Resume Sample 5
- Acknowledged for precision and accuracy in developing and presenting nine separate training courses to clients including Biotest Pharmaceuticals, U.S. Air Force Academy, and University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Detail oriented in identifying new questions from the students’ perspectives after each session; trained students to apply solutions to problems not addressed by instructor.
- Innovative speaker; used new teaching techniques such as chalkboard demonstrations, group work, video presentations, role-playing scenarios with medical equipment instruments, and an ultrasound machine during a live presentation at a national conference in Washington D.C. for 90 people.
- Mentored others into becoming instructors through my mentorship program “Speak Up”; impacted hundreds of people through presentation skills training.
- Recognized by the Chief Medical Officer for application of “Best Practices” in developing and delivering innovative educational programs to military medical professionals at all levels.
Speaker Resume Sample 6
- Provided consultation for an international automotive company on increasing U.S. market share through targeted social media marketing campaigns, audience targeting, and enhanced monetization of their current customer base.
- Developed a new line of services for a Fortune 500 manufacturer; created and presented the plan to the board of directors which led to an increase in sales with no additional costs or headcount additions over the next three years.
- Implemented a three-year turnaround strategy for a consumer electronics company with R&D facility and factory department; implemented information technology upgrades; streamlined production processes; and returned it to profitability within one year.
- Spearheaded restructuring of operations for an underperforming railroad with thousands of miles of track; redirected traffic to primary routes away from slow-moving secondary lines.
- Refocused a leading newspaper company with hundreds of newspapers across the U.S. on best practices, workflow optimization, and cost reduction; restructured staff to operate at maximum efficiency while maintaining quality.
Speaker Resume Sample 7
- Earned the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation; completed 150-hour coursework, passed 4 three-hour tests, and gained an understanding of federal taxation policies.
- Convinced conference attendees to execute key tactical decisions for their company’s future; presented persuasive business plan that lead them to value market research data over intuition.
- Increased sales by .8% and reduced costs by 5% in first 3 months as a sales executive; mentored employees and set goals based on industry standards.
- Fostered cross-functional relationships between Marketing, Sales, Legal, Finance, and Operations departments through effective communication at weekly meetings; consistently provided insightful suggestions regarding complex business decisions such as product line restructuring and budget reallocation.
- Reached settlement of an $8 million dollar legal case; recognized by judge for outstanding knowledge of legal statutes and persuasive negotiation tactics.
Speaker Resume Sample 8
- Reached over four-thousand business professionals via public speaking engagements; effectively communicated thoughts and ideas to enhance performance in sales, leadership, ethics, communications, and management.
- Interviewed with seventy executives to post information on ezinearticles.com (relevant topics included: Marketing Tips for Small Businesses and Three Communication Methods); achieved 2nd place Writer ranking out of 3142 writers.
- Authored five books regarding performance development in character building, motivation skills, communication abilities, time management techniques, and cross-cultural awareness.
- Achieved certification as a Performance Expert from the World Class Performance Institute by achieving ten published manuals in personal growth areas since 2006.
- Recognized as the top salesperson for ten consecutive years (2001-2011); earned company’s highest production card.
Speaker Resume Sample 9
- Delivered keynote presentation to international business leaders of global companies based on how to assess human capital performance.
- Lectured MBA students at leading academic institutions on promoting customer satisfaction, building successful teams, and increasing profitability.
- Presented seminars for career development in organizations committed to employee growth through coaching techniques.
- Conducted fourteen presentations on management, marketing, and team-building topics; delivered ten workshops; moderated nine panel discussion forums; and provided private consulting sessions for corporate executives.
- Invited as a guest speaker by local universities based on the results from my student recommendations survey. (Arranged by students as part of an assignment.)
Although a college degree is not required to become a Speaker, the most skilled Speakers have a bachelor’s degree in business communication, public relations, or multimedia journalism. A skilled speaker must have excellent communication skills, be persuasive skills, audience assessment skills, analytical skills, ability to memorize content, teaching skills, and some form of computer skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.