The Service Desk Manager helps develop the guidelines and procedures to improve the quality of service they provide. Their duties include defining service level agreements, operation level agreements, ensuring that all service and support functions are responsive to customer needs, managing a service support team, maintaining a service catalogue and operations, and designing a program of continual service improvement.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Service Desk Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Service Desk Manager resumes for your reference.
Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 1
- Managed the development of a new wireless-specific ticketing system for customer requests, resolution statuses, and escalations.
- Provided first level technical support to all customers via telephone, email, or field service within an 8 hour timeframe.
- Developed the first online chat synchronization between Service Management Software and helpdesk software to automatically route issues to individuals with expertise in each supported platform.
- Third party tested at 100% accuracy on all calls for six months after initiating call quality and solution management process creating increased speed and accuracy.
- Grew department from five employees to twelve over three years; recognized by City Leadership as “Rising Star” during this time period.
Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 2
- Provided outstanding customer service by handling information requests for 30 technicians.
- Achieved 99 percent call completion rate to ensure prompt resolution of 1800 telephone calls.
- Coordinated team activities through leadership, delegation, and mentoring skills that 38 employees grew in confidence and ability.
- Trained new hires on the entire support process without flinching under pressure of meeting deadlines while leading efforts to reduce cycle times by 5%.
- Effectively negotiated $145K budget with upper management; reduced budget deficit by 34% between years 2008 – 2009 resulting in unanticipated savings of $40k for year 2010.
Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 3
- Responsible for the customer satisfaction through providing business application support services to internal/external customers.
- Supervised installation of company’s new mission-critical system, conducting training sessions to clients and other key employees.
- Promoted from Loan Processor to Service Desk Tech III; recognized by management after receiving outstanding performance reviews.
- Provided exceptional customer service while attending customers’ complaints within the required timeframe. Awarded for this effort.
- Identified options for improving customers’ experience with newly implemented chat tool; recognized by peers and supervisors for proactive attitude and problem solving skills.
Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 4
- Provided phone and e-mail support to users of the service desk.
- Improved escalation process by developing documented, repeatable processes for critical processes such as server installation and decommissioning, user provisioning and de-provisioning, and software packaging and distribution.
- Promoted from Customer Support Engineer to Team Lead before acquisition; increased customer satisfaction rate by 11%.
- Identified gaps in Help Desk knowledge base after six months of training new employees; developed a comprehensive certification program for all new hires.
- Managed a team of three in resolving complex issues involving mail servers, Sharepoint sites, Active Directory domain controllers, VPN connections, Juniper firewalls, Cisco routers, wireless networks, and Windows laptops.
Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 5
- Presented quarterly reports to management about project status, issues, and resolutions; delivered results within the timeframes required by management.
- Provided effective resolution for escalations from staff and customers related to issues such as viruses, software upgrades, hardware failures, and Internet connectivity problems.
- Launched new help desk operations with full knowledge of federal regulations concerning privacy and security.
- Pioneered a peer-mentoring program that has resulted in a 100 percent success rate in retention rates for new hires after 90 days.
- Assisted in the development of training for all professional services employees to enhance customer satisfaction ratings during the recent merger between companies.
Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 6
- Diagnosed and repaired computer related problems for over 100 employees in a timely, efficient manner according to ITT Tech customer service standards.
- Provided 24/7 end-user support for many Fortune 500 companies to include meeting the Apple warranty guidelines throughout North America.
- Achieved award from Apple Inc. for successfully diagnosing technical issues with Macintosh computers in an expedient manner, resulting in increased sales and revenue.
- Identified critical software errors during system programming which resulted in accelerated productivity by all users within a one state area of operations after updating systems and servers.
- Presented internally at conference on “Six Sigma” process improvement strategy; developed new policies aimed at improving information technology productivity.
Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 7
- Pioneered a customer service-oriented approach to problem solving and escalation.
- Met with management to discuss quality, performance, productivity, and the team’s future goals; received a positive response from upper management regarding these meetings.
- Guided over 100 employees in performing their duties to attain the highest level of Customer Satisfaction as measured by the Voice of the Customer (VOC) scorecard including all internal and external customers rated by Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Introduced new ticketing system to aid customer base during peak work hours; resulted in 3% increase in overall customer satisfaction after six months.
- Wrote and implemented departmental policies for managing incidents and requests.
Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 8
- Led the team through significant company changes that included a new software application for our clients which required a complete overhaul of our business model.
- Standardized and streamlined basic functions, procedures, and policies of the Service Desk to improve both productivity and response time.
- Improved customer satisfaction scores by 5% despite adding new product lines with different billing structures.
- Pioneered the first corporate-sponsored computer recycling program saving more than $30,000 in material disposal fees.
- Certified as an MCP level II & III resulting in 100% coverage from all help desk personnel for almost two years straight.
Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 9
- Supervised all aspects of a multi-million dollar IT support contract.
- Promoted to the rank of Service Desk Manager after demonstrating superior customer service skills and resolution aptitude during a three-year probationary period.
- Held accountable for the success or failure of team members, measured by individual performance evaluations, productivity standards, and deadlines met.
- Recognized as an industry leader in maintaining customer satisfaction ratings above 97%. Initiated process improvements to enhance quality service response times.
- Spearheaded the creation of an online billing portal dramatically improving invoice processing timeframes without increasing overhead costs.
Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 10
- Managed over 80 employees in the remote sites responsible for the development, implementation, and management of all IT projects within a Fortune 100 company.
- Delivered outstanding customer service by handling escalated requests in an accurate, professional manner; recognized by peers and customers for exceptional leadership.
- Proven ability to deliver quality customer service while adhering to strict confidentiality and compliance requirements.
- Achieved a “Well Done” recognition from the vice president for resolving an infrastructure issue that affected critical systems across thirteen departments.
- Provided leadership, guidance, training, and motivation in achieving departmental goals through process improvement initiatives; awarded by team members.
To work as a Service Desk Manager, you need a bachelor’s degree in a computer related field. A Service Desk Manager must also have configuration management skills, know business analysis of IT operations, visualize and articulate problems and solutions., apply logical thinking, identify and explore opportunities for improvement, take ownership of problems and proactively solve them, and clarify needs through consultation.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Service Desk Manager Resume Samples
- Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 1
- Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 2
- Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 3
- Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 4
- Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 5
- Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 6
- Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 7
- Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 8
- Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 9
- Service Desk Manager Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up