A Retail Accountant maintains and operates functions relating to financial statements for retail companies. Their responsibilities include managing daily accounting, entering journal entries in the ledger, prepping tax returns, creating financial statements, relaying financial statements to shareholders, and coordinating with the finance department.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Retail Accountant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Retail Accountant resumes for your reference.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Streamlined client billing procedures by developing new guidelines that allowed account managers to schedule client appointments after receiving electronic billing confirmations.
- Grouped similar tasks to maximize the efficiency of payroll clerks.
- Suggested enhancements to accounting standard procedures.
- Reduced time needed to compile financial statements by more than 50% by aligning data more closely with GAAP standards.
- Introduced databases for job costing, which resulted in reduced accounting errors by more than 3%.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Maintained administrative file of invoices.
- Effectively communicated with vendors – revenue, work in process, etc.
- Effectively placed monthly vendor status reports to company finance staff.
- Collaborated with accounting staff for error resolution.
- Performed monthly reconciliations between the company’s contribution cost records and the ERP system – within a 90% accuracy rate under tight deadlines.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Oldest child, raised single-handedly.
- Earned an accounting certification, graduated magna cum laude with a 3.7 GPA.
- Earned leadership opportunity as President of the Accounting Club; received honors for both student leadership and accountancy acumen.
- Parlayed leadership skills into the position of Senior Accountant for The Honorable Judge Mary Kay Papen, Clerk for Circuit Court of Shelby County, Tennessee; earned Associate’s Degree in Business Administration with distinction at Lipscomb University.
- Achieved outstanding marks on the Department of Defense Standardization Organization Not For Sale (DO-2) assessment test.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Key member of staff responsible for auditing retail stores, including Walmart, Target, and Shop-rite.
- Trained staff in proper methods of inventory control to reduce shrinkage.
- Awarded Managerial award based on outstanding performance in staff scheduling and inventory control.
- Recognized by Human Resources manager for exceptional diligence in payroll preparation and accuracy.
- Awarded a cash prize by the Marketing department for developing a proposal that promoted a new line of designer sneakers at Footlocker outlets.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Recognized as a top performer by the Accounting Department for filing and accounting activities.
- Top-rated among newly hired accountants; recognized as a Financial Guru by peers and superiors for expertise in solving difficult accounting issues.
- Aided in attaining an “Excellent” rating from the IRS; identified areas of improvement following an agency audit, which led to higher revenue collections.
- Achieved award for excellence in meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had received refund checks or credits.
- Received award for excellent service; identified opportunities to improve service delivery based on customer feedback.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Processed assigned audits in a timely manner according to GAAP, IFRS, etc. Responsible for the direction of tasks delegated by the CPA while adhering to accounting principles.
- Enhanced processes with innovative technology utilizing new software while contributing to improvements in departmental operational efficiency. Received an award for excellence in process improvement.
- Effectively managed multiple projects while adhering to company procedures and budgets. Achieved excellent performance ratings on annual performance reviews while demonstrating superior skills on all production audits.
- Achieved outstanding quality rating; developed/refined audit plans that were implemented effectively resulting in increased sales auditing volumes & greater effectiveness on internal controls over financial reporting.
- Achieved outstanding quality rating on internal controls over financial reporting.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Achieved recognition for outstanding customer service performance; recognized by the Retail Supervisor for meeting customers’ needs and directing them to needed services.
- Improved customer satisfaction ratings; maintained all files in the proper sequence; kept accurate files, including subfile inventories.
- Responded to customers’ needs, effectively implemented a loan closing system, and satisfying customer requirements regarding the processing of disbursements.
- Achieved award as a Quality Assurance Professional for exceptional quality review of financial statements and accurate reconciling of client’s books and records.
- Accepted Distinguished Employee award as a member of the Senior Management Team from the Retail Supervisor for outstanding work performance during the year.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Accurately completed annual budgets, monthly variance reports, and other reports for a company with a multi-million dollar budget.
- Correctly analyzed financial statements from a garden center.
- Collected and analyzed over 150 bank transactions from different banks in Arizona.
- Received outstanding quality award; organized company record-keeping systems.
- Demonstrated excellent work habits both personally and professionally; received the superior quality award for the fiscal year 2002.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Recognized by the head of the company for achieving outstanding results in the department.
- Received employee of the month award due to exceptional customer service performance; credited for consistently exceeding expectations of customers.
- Promoted to supervisor because of outstanding ability to maintain ethical business practices, contributing to record profits in 1st year on the job.
- Received an award for suggesting cost-cutting measures that saved the company over 1 million dollars during the economic downturn.
- Recruited to the management team; led the implementation of new systems and processes; she also presented an expense management seminar that was well-received.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Accurately recorded sales receipts and bank deposits in accordance with GAAP (GAAP) and provided ledger account reconciliations for assigned clients.
- Effectively communicated with the firm’s management team; recommended changes in firm policies, procedures, and employee training to enhance efficiency.
- Resolved customer disputes; ensuring that the company’s service department adhered to company policies and accepted responsibility for customer complaint resolution.
- Adhered to established audit procedures by evaluating financial statements of insurance companies.
- Met required quality assurance standards by implementing quality assurance controls within the accounts payable department.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Streamlined processes for account regeneration; reduced hours spent comparing the corporation’s tax return with the accountant’s general ledger by 35%.
- Participated in a team that reduced the cost of accounting systems by 20% by upgrading outdated hardware.
- Decreased audit time on most recent financial statement audit by 50% through utilizing supplemental data to identify areas of potential risk.
- Reduced time spent auditing certain monthly books from three hours to one hour through scanning and electronic storage of the records.
- Partnered with other auditors to review and revise the accounting system so that banks could cut costs and increase productivity without compromising the soundness or integrity of the financial statements.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Efficiently worked with outside auditors to ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC, and IRS guidelines.
- Recognized by the Vice President for improving internal controls over payroll recording, which will improve the efficiency of the department.
- Flexibly adjusted chart of accounts to conform to newly acquired divisions or newly formed subsidiaries.
- Initiated effective procedures for proper recognition of revenue in accordance with GAAP requirements.
- Effectively ensured that all data was recorded accurately in accordance with GAAP guidelines even though systems were being changed to accommodate XBRL requirements.
Retail Accountant Resume Sample 13
- Successfully balanced daily sales figures for more than 500 convenience stores.
- Recognized by the CFO as the most productive Sales Accountant in my region despite being a new hire.
- Rewrote current payroll software to save employers thousands of dollars per year on payroll costs.
- Certified by the employer as being proficient in using QuickBooks accounting software; trained new hires on system operations.
- Recognized by CFO for directing more than $16 million in loans to small business owners with no loan delinquencies or loss of any loan principal or interest after 18 months of loans.
To become a Retail Accountant, you need at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting, in addition to a CPA license. A Retail Accountant must be good with numbers, must be analytical, must be detail-oriented, must have excellent time management skills, must have excellent organizational skills, must have excellent communication skills, and must be adaptable.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Retail Accountant Resume Samples
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Retail Accountant Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up