Public Relations Assistants complete tasks assigned by the Public Relations Manager or Director. Their tasks typically include writing press releases, developing content for clients’ social media accounts, monitoring clients’ public image, organizing public relations events, designing strategies to avoid negative publicity and arranging interviews for clients.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Public Relations Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Public Relations Assistant resumes for your reference.
Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Assisted in writing and publishing a newsletter for an upscale retirement community.
- Developed, edited, and posted content to the community website.
- Established positive relationships with media contacts by pitching press releases.
- Implemented creative marketing strategies by designing advertisements, hosting events, and distributing promotional materials.
- Revised organizational processes related to fundraising through refinement of existing campaign strategy; increased revenue by 8%.
Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Sculpted and produced professional press releases, company announcements, and social media blog content for clients.
- Created effective strategies to cultivate long-term relationships with public relations stakeholders; secured positive media attention.
- Oversaw daily activities of three communications assistants; successfully managed all inquiries and requests through database management and CRM software.
- Authored successful marketing and branding campaigns resulting in a 25% increase in search engine optimization metrics; recognized by CEO as one of the Top 3 performing members on his team.
- Promoted current campaign utilizing social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, Storify, Blogger/Blogspot , WordPress ( self hosted or WordPress.com ), Foursquare, LinkedIn , Delicious , Digg, Diigo , Google Reader , ChaCha , and YouTube.
Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Proficient in using Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Provided clients with a variety of content services including drafting/editing press releases, writing speeches, organizing trade shows and events.
- Trained new employees on company policies and procedures by maintaining employee handbooks.
- Provided fast turn-around service to printing customers by digitizing documents for offset printing.
- Promoted positive brand awareness through social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.; recommended updates daily to keep audiences interested and informed and increased followers exponentially and increased engagement rate (likes/comments/shares).
Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Managed all daily social media channels for a premiere public relations agency.
- Produced content for a PR firm’s blog with weekly viewership of over 20,000 readers and maintained a following on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn that surpassed 10,000 users.
- Took lead in establishing new web platforms for clients to connect their audience directly to the brands they represent.
- Identified communication goals and developed activities aimed at furthering those goals between an international nonprofit organization and its donor community.
- Advocated for customers’ needs as a customer support representative by offering excellent communication via email and phone communications to meet response time standards.
Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Contributed to the development of content for social media, websites, publications, press releases, articles, digital newsletters.
- Initiated and implemented strategies using online communities to promote events at convention centers.
- Assisted in the production of video projects including shooting footage.
- Translated information into Spanish to increase audience base during four years in Hispanic media markets.
- Collaborated with community groups in youth outreach initiatives to organize promotional activities in venues frequented by teens.
Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Achieved top-level customer service skills through extensive experience with high volume call centers, managing a division of agents numbering over 30.
- Promoted to public relations specialist for creating and implementing effective PR campaigns that excelled in SEO results and social media audience engagement.
- Designed a one-of-a-kind email marketing program from scratch; managed weekly content production, targeting, delivery, and performance monitoring.
- Published six blog posts per week on the company website for two years; consistently ranked as one of top three top bloggers by readership numbers.
- Managed accounts payable process from invoice receipt through payment within five minutes of deadline date every time for 3 years.
Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Provided social networking and customer relationship management services as a Social Media Manager, through development of strategy for online brand recognition.
- Contributed greatly to the positive growth of small business, via complete company-wide overhaul of marketing materials and product photography.
- Used lead generation methods to create new business opportunities; guided clients towards more organized and successful public relations campaigns.
- Generated publicity and media exposure for major corporations with innovative outreach programs across multiple channels of engagement including print media, specialized press releases, digital PR tools (article writing), Twitter Chats, Google Hangouts On Air, LinkedIn Groups publishing, etc.
- Increased web site traffic by 400% during six months tenure as an Internet Marketing Specialist.
Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Helped establish company’s presence at local sporting events, including soccer games.
- Initiated and executed media relations efforts to secure feature articles in the major markets of Westchester County.
- Collaborated with several departments to increase awareness of the organization through print, web, social media, and other traditional media outlets.
- Presented research findings for targeted demographics at annual conferences; published findings in company newsletter.
- Negotiated press opportunities with various reporters via email and phone throughout campaign season during 2012 election year.
Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Grew social media following by over 20% in one month; collaborated with individual team members to create innovative digital marketing strategies.
- Collaborated with multiple teams to execute national promotional campaigns, resulting in increased consumer engagement and brand awareness.
- Implemented unique event-based public relations strategies that bolstered company revenue by $10 million during first year of employment.
- Devised integrated PR strategy for concert series, including music artists, venues, promoters, and sponsors, securing additional funding because of increased ticket sales.
- Implemented creative campaign ideas for clients’ events which garnered positive press coverage leading to better promotion and community outreach.
Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Collaborated with national offices to identify and create innovative campaigns that reflect the brand’s philosophy.
- Launched a successful blog for a variety of topics including beauty, health, food, travel, celebrity life, relationships and more.
- Facilitated high profile meetings with celebrities including Rachel Roy and Nigel Barker. Persuaded celebrities to share expertise with public regarding personal experiences. Acquired over 10 million social media fans across platforms combined.
- Identified trends in entertainment news ahead of competitors by analyzing an extensive range of sources including internet, magazines, TV shows and movies.
- Reinforced key messages through accurate industry-wide coverage as well as earned placements in leading global trade publications.
Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Promoted brand awareness of several Fortune 100 companies through innovative use of social network, print, and broadcast media.
- Initiated product release by generating press releases for new products in tech industry; publicized the information to various tech blogs, tech forums, tech news sites, tech magazines.
- Contributed articles on health care reform published in over 200 editions distributed across 22 states reaching an audience size of 5 million daily readers.
- Designed campaigns that increased sales volume by 20% within three months time frame for advertising agency clients.
- Achieved improvement in PR initiatives for high profile music artists with combined following of 16 million people; increased revenue downloads by 12%.
To work as a Public Relations Assistant you need a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or a related field. Public Relations Assistants must have excellent writing skills, perform well under pressure, meet strict deadlines, think creatively and strategically, communicate and listen effectively, develop friendly and professional relationships with clients and have a strong understanding of social media marketing and search engine optimization.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Public Relations Assistant Resume Samples
- Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Public Relations Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up