A Production Control Manager coordinates the production schedule in a factory environment. Their duties include establishing a schedule, ensuring flow of materials, managing machine resources, ensuring productivity and minimizing downtime, supervising the manufacturing department, and imposing industry health and safety guidelines.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Production Control Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Production Control Manager resumes for your reference.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 1
- Evaluated production operations and adjusted workflow to increase operation efficiency. Remained available for after-hours work when needed.
- Integrated production scheduling with engineering, material, and logistics departments to reduce manufacturer’s lead time from two weeks to less than a day.
- Achieved 99% or higher reject rate before the end of each shift through direct oversight of quality control staffs’ daily activities.
- Foster teamwork to improve production productivity by 20%; recognized by management committee.
- Drove company initiative to achieve ISO 9001 certification; increased customer satisfaction ratings from 95% under the previous standard to 100%.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 2
- Improved production standards by 50% through implementation of automated production control system.
- Established work crew efficiency, which triple productivity and reduced material waste by 20%.
- Attained award for innovative use of resources that enabled plant to achieve a 100% quality rating.
- Reduced machine maintenance costs per unit by 12% with application of energy management system.
- Achieved zero accidents during six-month period due to participation in safety team training program.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 3
- Distributed materials and supplies to manufacturing departments according to production schedules, quotas, and budgets.
- Maintained positive emphasis on teamwork, communication, and productivity during times of peak production demands.
- Recognized as a top quality performer; personally saved the company 2 million dollars by negotiating with vendors for preferential prices and bulk discounts.
- Improved departmental cohesiveness between operations and reduced distribution costs through use of new distribution software system.
- Recruited industry professionals from around the world to share their experience and expertise during four day conference resulting in improved product development processes.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 4
- Assigned, developed, and supervised up to 30 employees for the production control section.
- Managed inventory levels of all materials entering or leaving manufacturing facility, ensuring compliance with government standards.
- Effectively communicated with suppliers using electronic data interchange (EDI) systems; processed more than 18 million transactions in one year.
- Implemented new system that increased productivity by 25%; shorted lead time on CNC machines from 2 hours to 12 minutes.
- Devised plan to increase inventory turnover ratio for an annual saving of $12M; recognized by company’s President during quarterly meeting.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 5
- Consistently achieved zero defects.
- Achieved over 94% productivity improvement in shop floor operations, exceeding goals by 19%.
- Developed new shift production schedules resulting in reduction of overtime by 30%; recognized for outstanding achievement.
- Oversaw construction of 300,000 square foot plant to start-of-the-art standards; implemented building security and environmental control systems.
- Increased total quality capacity 10% while reducing costs; enhanced company reputation and customer relations through continued advice and suggestions.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed, organized, and controlled production of $2.5 million in parts per month.
- Trained 20 employees in effective standards for quality control while documentation time went down by 50%.
- Promoted to Production Control Manager; led 16 employees while the division grew 80% over one year.
- Introduced new methods of production which reduced costs by 10%.
- Recognized for new ideas on cost reduction by senior management; implemented six suggestions over two months that saved company $33,000 annually.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 7
- Increased the accuracy of production control documents by improving work flow.
- Improved product quality through increased productivity, efficiency, and adherence to company standards.
- Streamlined reporting process; replaced aged systems with new reporting tools; reduced reporting time from days to hours.
- Collaborated with Assembly Line Leads, Operators, and Quality Control to maintain approved equipment list for new product launch of sub assembly components of new model.
- Oversaw sub-assembly program; developed procedures; established training processes; achieved on-time delivery rate of 95%.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 8
- Maintained, controlled, tracked, and met production schedules for assigned area.
- Focused on cost reduction by developing an inventory plan that reduced lead times 15 percent.
- Supervised plant shutdowns during harsh weather conditions to ensure safety of employees.
- Directly involved in the sale of company’s equipment for recycling after recommending its shutdown due to obsolete technology.
- Earned company-wide respect through effective negotiations with suppliers to maintain low prices while ensuring delivery dates.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 9
- Introduced new inventory-reporting procedures, reducing production downtime by 18%.
- Oversaw the renovation of two previously idle warehouses; successfully redirected product to meet demand.
- Completed six months of part-time work producing ten different products (valued at $50 million) while working another job.
- Introduced changes that reduced material handling costs by 15% and streamlined quality control process resulting in higher customer satisfaction.
- Spearheaded effort to reclaim labor lost due to automation; identified cost-effective way to expand operations without increasing overhead costs.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 10
- Able to lead and organize production order control team members in the timely processing of over 40,000 transactions per month.
- Granted authority to recognize employees’ performance during annual merit review process.
- Responsible for the oversight of approximately $5 million worth of inventory at any given time.
- Prepared procedures manuals for production orders, checklists, routing instructions, quality audits, safety guidelines, stock levels, receiving reports and more.
- Instrumental in leading a successful product launch that increased productivity by 15% while reducing costs by 10%.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 11
- Managed the production control department by evaluating, planning, training, coordinating, and controlling all aspects of daily production.
- Trained employees on new policies and procedures; developed goals for quality improvement process including measurement techniques to reduce scrap rates.
- Interfaced with customers regarding inventory issues; developed communication plans for all departments to facilitate effective communication within company.
- Undertook special projects outside line responsibilities as needed after receiving approval from supervisor; resolved high volume customer support issues that required research into alternative solutions.
- Achieved award for management excellence in recognition of making significant contributions to company profitability through developing processes, procedures, work instructions, and computer applications related to manufacturing process.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 12
- Oversaw daily operations of department. Trained all staff on new systems, tools, and processes while planning for future needs.
- Implemented ‘Six Sigma’ system to monitor production levels leading to greater cost-effectiveness and increased productivity.
- Recruited best talent for team functions resulting in improved client satisfaction, retention rates, and morale due to decreased turnover rate.
- Implemented process improvements that reduced time spent on each project by 25% resulting in faster response times with higher quality product yield.
- Improved productivity 30% through better inventory control resulting in 5-day backlog reduction leading to more flexibility for job scheduling during peak of operation.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 13
- Managed a team of technicians for the maintenance, calibration, and performance analysis of hydraulic equipment.
- Deployed production orders to ensure completion within deadline requirements.
- Reduced work orders by 20% through improved departmental communication and efficiency; recognized by Vice President for outstanding performance.
- Spearheaded merger between 3 local companies; composed working groups representing users and management.
- Participated in R & D activities as required during start-up process; proposed new logistical measuring practices that reduced downtime 60%.
Production Control Manager Resume Sample 14
- Increased plant revenue by $50,000 in six months.
- Oversaw and implemented all material changes involved in the implementation of a new product line, including communication to production personnel and management.
- Improved cycle time for repairs from 7 days to 2 hours through streamlining processes and communication with technicians.
- Spearheaded efforts for worker’s compensation compliance; developed programs involving safety training and orientation for managers and supervisors.
- Cross-trained employees in different job functions; trained up 4 trainees to speed the delivery process of shipments out the door.
To work as a Production Control Manger, you need a bachelors degree and at least 5 years experience in manufacturing and 2 years in supervision. A Production Control Manager should have product management skills, the ability to train an productivity and safety, knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations, the ability to coach and mentor employees, supervisory skills, excellent communication skills, and budget and efficiency skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Production Control Manager Resume Samples
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 1
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 2
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 3
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 4
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 5
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 6
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 7
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 8
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 9
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 10
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 11
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 12
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 13
- Production Control Manager Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up