Printing machine operators run large printers that create newspapers, books, magazines, and other print works. They must load supplies into the printer, troubleshoot mechanical issues, ensure optimal print quality, oversee inventory records, adhere to safety standards, and print large amounts of products by certain deadlines.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Printing Machine Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Printing Machine Operator resumes for your reference.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 1
- Operated a complete set of general office machines, including high-speed copier, fax machine, and multi-function printer.
- Maintained close tolerances with press; automatically accounted for differences in paper weight, size, thickness, etc., to produce quality jobs.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures accurately and quickly. Calculated costs of wasted materials to reduce operating costs.
- Provided constructive feedback during the operation of new equipment to work out bugs.
- Revised existing test procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines; improved the overall efficiency of testing operations by 30%.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 2
- Utilized printing machine to produce over 20,000 copies of six different publications per month.
- Installed training programs for new employees; trained co-workers on various computer hardware and software applications.
- Completed initial certification process with the Printing Industries Association.
- Recertified as Master Printer through continuing education classes; achieved 92 percent or higher on exams for master printers who work within four states (MD, DC, VA, PA).
- Lead printer in charge of printing plant production during shift supervisor’s illness; coordinated seven presses to complete daily output quotas without incident or delay.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 3
- Repaired equipment resulting in nearly 100% uptime, receiving company’s award for excellence.
- Revived older model printing machines with extensive retrofitting, saving the company thousands of dollars per machine each year.
- Provided 24/7 support to critical customer accounts when needed during plant shutdown period.
- Reduced downtime by 50 percent through process optimization and improved work flow in maintenance department.
- Reorganized operational costs via purchasing supplies centrally at lower volume rates than buying them individually; saved $25,000 in first quarter.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 4
- Completed over 100 hours of formal training in all aspects of my position.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment by consistently following proper lubrication procedures and schedules, correcting malfunctions, and reporting needed repairs to others for completion.
- Participated in cross-functional teams that resolved production printing issues.
- Recommended new equipment purchases that would improve efficiency of printers.
- Received company award for diagnosing inconsequential printer issue that resulted in significant savings to the company.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 5
- Troubleshoot, install, maintain, and repair all types of offset printing press equipment.
- Mentor others to master the art of operating heavy-duty printing presses within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Developed expertise in converting paper stock into printed materials; contribute to smooth operation during high volume print runs.
- Resolved customer complaints expeditiously by ensuring that various products were printed accurately before being sent for packaging.
- Spearheaded efforts to provide continuous production by building work cells with efficient workflow patterns before revamped line was implemented company wide. Earned appreciation from management after realizing significant cost savings through proper utilization of labor resources.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 6
- Installed new offset printing presses, designed and engineered by the company president, for 400% faster print speeds.
- Diagnosed problems with large-format printing press; local machinist supervised repairs.
- Revived five dilapidated letterpresses; current production capacity has doubled that of former workers under previous owner.
- Troubleshooted shop press to ensure smoother operation speed; received shop commendation from lead engineer after installing a new coupling without guidance or direction.
- Championed investment into facility through demonstrations of financial savings realized as a result of proactive measures taken to increase efficiency and maintain machinery.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 7
- Repaired a high volume printing machine in under an hour while adhering to all safety precautions.
- Diagnosed a malfunctioning ten-color printing press and replaced the defective parts, saving the company over $28,000.00.
- Troubleshot and repaired a hydraulic system on a 50 ton machine that was built in question by out of town engineers from Italy.
- Restored equipment functionality within 24 hours of receiving notice from CEO, maintaining 100% uptime for production teams across departments.
- Initiated daily PM routines on equipment ensuring optimum performance levels of machinery used for multi-million dollar print jobs.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 8
- Transported printing machines weighing up to 500 lbs. between work stations throughout the plant without assistance.
- Assisted in fire-fighting efforts by driving large vehicles at speeds over the legal limit through city streets with defective brakes, burst tires, and poor visibility due to smoky conditions.
- Removed heavy grinding material from machines using suction hoses followed by washing equipment using high pressure water cleaners.
- Trained other operators on new machine controls; developed effective training plans for coworkers to increase profitability of company through increased production levels.
- Designed templates for roll covers used in daily newspaper production after recommending design changes based on 20 years experience as a pressman.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 9
- Maintained normally efficient operation of all printing machines, being accountable to the Department Supervisor for machine performance.
- Protected the Company’s investment by keeping machines properly adjusted and repairs promptly accomplished.
- Reduced waste in supplies through innovative techniques used on all presses by changing die patterns, improving ink loading methods, etc.
- Assembled equipment to accommodate new projects resulting in increased production at each press by almost 30%.
- Adhered to Quality Control standards during inspection process using standard print-measurement devices; maintaining required quality levels.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 10
- Assembled, disassembled, and re-assembled complex printing machine equipment with 100% accuracy.
- Implemented preventative maintenance within budgeted time management of 10 hours per work period.
- Achieved awards for high quality performance on consecutive occasions without fail.
- Demonstrated skills in developing ideas for improving workplace organization, methods, procedures, policies/rules of employment related to productivity through process improvement analysis. Completed cost analysis reports that have had impact on company revenue.
- Promoted to run two shifts due to exemplary efforts resulting in improved on-time delivery goals by 5%.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 11
- Repaired the feeder assembly after operator error caused damage.
- Troubleshot and repaired the press that had been out of production for three days to clear backlog.
- Identified printer within one hour of arrival on site; returned customer’s order ahead of schedule by two hours.
- Completed daily, monthly, quarterly preventive maintenance tasks in accordance with schedule prepared by supervisor.
- Constructed custom chassis frame, prepared CAD drawings, and coordinated fabrication efforts for six new printing presses purchased from vendor.
Printing Machine Operator Resume Sample 12
- Maintained daily productivity levels at over 100% during the first six months of employment by implementing self-developed programs to solve production problems.
- Identified and repaired printing machine malfunctions that had previously resulted in significant waste, reducing costs by $250 per month.
- Improved speed, quality, and accuracy for two offset printing presses while increasing toner yield by 25%.
- Cut downtime on CTP (Computer To Plate) press from 2 hours/month to less than 4 hours/year; increased output by 10%.
- Improved equipment reliability while decreasing labor costs; reduced rework time considerably while increasing customer satisfaction index ratings.
Printing machine operators do not need a higher education degree for this position, though large-scale printing presses might prefer for applicants to have an associate’s degree in print technology. These workers must exhibit mechanical knowledge, efficiency, an eye for detail, respect for deadlines, an ability to work under pressure, familiarity with online printing apps, and data entry skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.