PMO Directors provide guidance for and boost the efficiency of a project. Their responsibilities include leading and overseeing a team of project managers, mentoring for various roles, working on project proposals, working with the finances team, collecting and analyzing data, presenting reports, and ensuring that project goals align with institution goals.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pmo Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pmo Director resumes for your reference.
PMO Director Resume Sample 1
- Managed projects that had a budget of $50M+.
- Organized projects into project iterations, planned, developed, and built new features.
- Approved all architectural designs within budget without approval from the CEO.
- Designed processes to bring in new vendor offers for integration on an annual basis.
PMO Director Resume Sample 2
- Organized the monthly PMI inspection.
- Executed PM’s budget with precision and efficiency for all three branches.
- Fulfillment of customer needs never suffered from a lack of direction or a lack of motivation. Used a strict, consistent, and efficient manner to ensure that all branches abided by a single set of standards.
- Directed 3-man team in completing numerous tasks to ensure timely delivery. Coordinated multiple meetings with different groups on topics ranging from Finance/Budgeting to Supply Chain Management.
- Continuously worked with the HR department to implement best practices in personnel management and recruiting requirements for our company culture.
PMO Director Resume Sample 3
- Initiated the standards for the new department; the forged a path for the team to follow.
- Established policies and procedures; developed methodologies to streamline workflow.
- Streamlined process flow; reduced proposal turnaround time by 30%.
- Helped achieve $50,000 savings on proposal costs with an innovative proposal strategy.
- Enabled the business unit to complete projects on time and under budget.
PMO Director Resume Sample 4
- Assisted in the development and deployment of a new product line, took full ownership of the project and was instrumental in creating a product management plan.
- Established a competency-based culture for global PMO organizations.
- Established an on-time delivery structure that created organizational alignment through performance measurement, accountability, and self-management system.
- Implemented a process for employee onboarding that reduced cycle times from 8 to 4 weeks.
- Efficiently provided programming support for a new web-based financial reporting tool used by all public sector organizations. Improved quality through mentoring of junior programmers while maintaining tight milestones and customer satisfaction.
PMO Director Resume Sample 5
- Led an organization through the withdrawal process from a parent company to become an independent firm.
- Influenced the firm’s product direction based on cost/benefit impact, using recommended techniques including CRM, RFPs, desktop studies, and surveys.
- Advised management to make the purchase of a competitor due to projected market share growth.
- Created a successful “new products launch.”
- Conceptualized and launched several successful products.
PMO Director Resume Sample 6
- Developed and revised the internal and external requirements documentation for the PMO; which included internal and external testing, vendor selection, technical certification, testing plan, and executive review.
- Developed and evaluated the budget; ensuring that it included adequate funding for existing projects as well as providing enough funding to hire additional staff.
- Maintained accounts payable to ensure accurate billing entries; which included customer invoicing, vendor invoicing, cash disbursement against accrual fund checks through electronic fund transfers, which include ACH/wire transfers.
- Conducted quarterly financial projections to ensure budget projections were accurate.
- Followed up on the status of internal projects to ensure they were completed as promised.
PMO Director Resume Sample 7
- Coordinated between multiple departments; ensured adequate documentation regarding performance information.
- Management of the Joint Compliance Program (JCP) for the Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP), which is responsible for ensuring that federal agencies comply with regulations related to procurement practices, policies, and procedures.
- Assisted in planning and implementing strategic planning; coordinated activities with various Government Agencies.
- Managed the development of strategic plans; supported two key offices in developing their respective plans to ensure that they were on target to meet their objectives.
- Utilized responsibility, leadership, and conflict resolution skills in order to promote management performance.
PMO Director Resume Sample 8
- Achieved award for reducing the number of access calls by 22%, and receiving appreciation for reducing customer service calls by 25% with a centralized help desk.
- Contributed to the organization receiving a Governor’s Achievement Award in IT.
- Managed a team of 14 staff members and met deadlines while maintaining excellent staff morale.
- Increased productivity by 10% through the improvement of software implementation and training new employees on job-specific skills.
- Achieved a successful merger between two organizations with minimal impact on daily operations, resulting in an award from the COO, Gerald Peters.
PMO Director Resume Sample 9
- Achieved AMEX’s Clients First Award for a team of 20 employees; a team that dealt with 9,000 customer service calls from customers who had been affected by 9-11.
- Earned award for ensuring high-quality service from telephone answering staff after an annual customer satisfaction survey ranked customer satisfaction at 96%; above the company’s goal of 92%.
- Enhanced relations between AMEX and its customers by planning innovative strategy to implement a new automated system. Conducted training seminars for users to ensure user-friendliness.
- Improved profitability by reducing operating costs by outsourcing the data collection process. Reduced cost to AMEX by over 15%.
- Trained 50% of the company’s employees in QuickBooks, which was used to track client billing, inventory, and financial data. Received an outstanding quality award.
PMO Director Resume Sample 10
- Successfully improved the quality of the product by developing new testing procedures; improved accuracy of bug reporting.
- Raised production department effectiveness, meeting project deadlines on schedule; procured funding for department reorganization program.
- Implemented automated system for inventory tracking; reduced lost or damaged parts by 75%.
- Reduced product failure rate; initiated re-build policy for components of faulty equipment.
- Recognized for outstanding performance in implementing changes to procedures and systems; implemented process improvements contributing to 70% reduction in scrap rate.
PMO Director Resume Sample 11
- Increased online traffic to the company website by 200% within 6 months of joining. After 2 years, traffic is up by 600%.
- Developed several internal tools that enable teams to collaborate; used data to track projects, manage the budget, and forecast future needs.
- Collaborated with several teams across all departments to streamline processes; led efforts that decreased projects by 50% (from an average of five months down to two months) while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Recognized by SMEs in all departments for facilitating cross-departmental collaboration by designing focused meetings.
- Recognized by upper management for my direct and continuous communication and collaboration with my colleagues.
PMO Director Resume Sample 12
- Led project teams to completion on time and under budget, providing greater value to the business and beating original goals.
- Completed service transformation initiative within 20% of original timeframe and $100M less than initial cost estimates.
- Achieved award for reducing Project Management Office overhead by 57%, while increasing time spent providing strategic analysis and guidance to business executives.
- Actively participated in the creation of a Project Management Office (PMO) quickly earning it credibility and respect within the company; established productive relationships with stakeholders and partners which led to adoption across multiple businesses.
- Earned title of Team Lead; effectively facilitated high-performing teams that delivered results while meeting aggressive goals.
PMO Director Resume Sample 13
- Conformed to company mission and vision; successfully directed PMO department to increase productivity by 50% within six months.
- Directed PMO department processes, methods, and systems; implemented recommendations resulting in a 27% increase in Net Profit.
- Awarded for “Outstanding Performance” based on meeting company objectives and customer satisfaction; surpassed the prescribed goal of 80% within 90 days.
- Selected by Executive Committee for “Success Under Stress” award; met all deadlines during a shift change while directing PMO department through a merger with another company.
- Earned merit award for “Exceeding Requirements”; completed a project with a 90% Team Achievement despite a 30% decrease in Budget.
PMO Director Resume Sample 14
- Achieved award as a member of the “Program Team”; reduced lead times and increased throughput by 200 percent.
- Streamlined order entry process; reduced lead time by 70 percent and cut annual error rate by 90 percent.
- Earned award as a member of the “Program Team”; reduced overall cycle time with improved quality and productivity.
- Gained recognition for “Exceptional Initiative”; implemented innovative ideas to increase throughput and reduce lead time.
- Earned recognition for reducing annual filing processing errors 65 percent; improved quality while reducing cost per loan by 50 percent.
To work as a PMO Director, you must have a Master’s degree and at least five years of experience. You must demonstrate leadership, an understanding of your team, problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills, basic computer skills, the ability to enforce company policies, delegate, maintain working relationships, and analyze and interpret data.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Pmo Director Resume Samples
- PMO Director Resume Sample 1
- PMO Director Resume Sample 2
- PMO Director Resume Sample 3
- PMO Director Resume Sample 4
- PMO Director Resume Sample 5
- PMO Director Resume Sample 6
- PMO Director Resume Sample 7
- PMO Director Resume Sample 8
- PMO Director Resume Sample 9
- PMO Director Resume Sample 10
- PMO Director Resume Sample 11
- PMO Director Resume Sample 12
- PMO Director Resume Sample 13
- PMO Director Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up