A piping supervisor provides oversight for the process of laying pipelines. Duties include developing plans for the project, developing specifications for the project, supervising team members, assigning tasks, installing pipes, repairing pipes, and maintaining a safe work environment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Piping Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Piping Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Piping Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Provided supervision for installation of ductwork, piping systems and appliances in accordance with all applicable codes.
- Evaluated code requirements; developed specifications; estimated material take-offs; scheduled work to meet deadlines; maintained project records.
- Organized projects daily; communicated successfully with clients, engineers, contractors and subcontractors to identify errors and omissions resulting in the ability to complete the project within budgeted costs without compromising quality.
- Reviewed change orders for propriety prior to submission to ensure compliance with contractual agreements ensuring that both parties are treated fairly.
- Investigated potential savings opportunities through use of integrated design documents containing drawings and specifications involving building such as plumbing, heating ventilation air conditioning, and other services.
Piping Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Designed the installation of all underground piping for four commercial buildings including hydronic heating, domestic hot water, and fire suppression systems.
- Lead a team of seven to carry out the coordination, fabrication, assembly, inspection, testing, and disposal of 30 miles of piping for two different sites simultaneously.
- Supervised twenty-five technicians during construction of 5 million gallon water storage tank by driving productivity through positive leadership while managing safety procedures consistently.
- Led an engineering crew in the planning and management throughout the construction process for a 1.5 million gallon water storage tank by promoting workload equality amongst peers with proven ability to maintain accountability within group dynamics.
- Improved workplace morale by encouraging participation during management meetings to ensure team members are working together to meet established goals.
Piping Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Supervised weekly inspections to ensure all work was performed in accordance with the contract, and assisted in evaluating contractor performance.
- Authored a comprehensive procedural manual detailing SOP for task management and coordination of skilled trade contractors.
- Oversaw $15 million renovation project for new warehouse while maintaining an average completion rate of 95% on time and under budget.
- Designed piping layout to maximize system functionality while minimizing costs, reduced material cost by decreasing pipe size from 16″ to 12″, increasing flow velocity without sacrificing pre-determined results.
- Heightened communication between field engineers and project managers through organized communication matrix; reduced site visits by 50% even though 40 more work orders were generated.
Piping Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Supervised the planning, scheduling, staffing, and training of all project-related tasks for piping design.
- Effectively communicated construction issues with team members to meet timeline expectations; led team meetings regarding safety protocols.
- Trained on equipment use by non-licensed staff to ensure knowledge of safe practices for effective operation; organized new hire orientation.
- Completed projects ahead of schedule while exceeding quality standards; recognized by Project Manager for significant contribution to profits.
- Solicited bids for two large scale projects following strict compliance with company’s bidding procedures.
Piping Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Supervised and conducted training for multi-location, ten (10) man project, $21.4 million dollar installation of new auxiliary power system at a paper mill.
- Streamlined the designing of layouts and piping drawings, saving more than $40,000 on a revision to plans.
- Implemented communication channels with subcontractors and suppliers that achieved cost savings in excess of $180,000 for modifications to job site conditions after construction began.
- Effectively supported production by identifying shortages before they became problems; coordinated emergency replacement parts pre-operational checks during start up activities without disruption or incident.
- Resolved design conflicts between engineers and contractors resulting in an accurate, ontime change order valued at $100,000.
Piping Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Converted a Design/Build project from a minor change order to a firm fixed price contract in order to accommodate for additional work requested by the owner.
- Coordinated with the Office Engineer and Plant Superintendent to resolve issues, addressed problems when they arose, and reported any problems or deviations immediately.
- Identified potential safety hazards when reviewing survey reports from outside civil engineers prior to construction in order to avoid accidents.
- Demonstrated versatility in multiple disciplines including engineering design, fabrication, erection, installation and testing of equipment/systems used in high-pressure natural gas transmission lines.
- Improved company efficiency through increased production quotas due to lean manufacturing procedures implemented during job site set up.
Piping Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Supervised a team of ten tradesmen with an annual budget of $5 million dollars and a three-million dollar capital improvement program.
- Provided technical support for factory piping erection inspection process with problems identified early to save time and money.
- Negotiated successfully with the customer, making negotiation recommendations that resulted in increased project value; final settlement yielded $300,000 higher than original contract amounts.
- Pioneered the first successful implementation of computerized work management system, resulting in significant production gains; received employee’s appreciation award for exceeding productivity targets by over 25%.
- Volunteered as instructor teaching CPR/AED at local community center; trained over 100 people.
Piping Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Handled and resolved O.E.M. complaints in a timely and proper manner.
- Achieved safety standards by implementing safety programs with fellow supervisors and employees, resulting in less than 1% lost time accidents.
- Managed several construction projects at once including new construction, building renovations, and equipment upgrades resulting in zero work stoppages during critical phases of the projects despite tight schedules and budgets.
- Realized $160K savings for company through the implementation of an automated inventory/material control system that reduced wasteful overpurchasing of materials while maintaining a 98% fill rate on orders placed by union contractors working on site.
- Delivered an award-winning project by completing construction of the Johns Manville Technical Center ahead of schedule, under budget, and to meet strict environmental compliance standards.
Piping Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Supervised four crews of three to twelve men in all phases of steam, condensate, compressed air piping systems installation and operation.
- Decreased stress levels by 200% by rerouting gas lines away from air compressors preventing damage to power supplies.
- Brought on-time project completion rate up to 100%, exceeding customer expectations.
- Contributed innovative idea resulting in efficiencies for new process that cut cost per unit by 25%.
- Implemented strict quality control program leading to an increase in the number of company parts returned for rework from 7% to .7% within one year time frame.
Piping Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Supervised a team of 20 workers in the installation, layout, and welding of new pipe systems.
- Selected by top management for training in leadership skills due to exemplary performance in all areas of my responsibilities.
- Recognized three times by the company owner for my continuing contributions with cost-saving ideas that increased efficiency over 15%.
- Identified problems with system integrities, arranged immediate repairs before further damage was incurred.
- Promoted to lead inspector when contracting company created second level job within construction division prior to client budgeting responsibilities.
Piping Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Achieved 6-month training schedule for five new employees, long after receiving hiring notice.
- Trained ten men in the use of all hand and power tools used on the job site.
- Reduced costs by 16% with modernizing piping practices that improved efficiencies and greatly reduced leaks.
- Promoted to Supervisor over six experienced Journeymen Piping Fitters who doubled production output during my tenure as a journeyman in the same position.
- Hired two qualified journeymen replacements resulting in zero lost time due to illness or injury.
A High School Diploma or equivalent is required, and previous pipefitting or HVAC experience is preferred. Skills to succeed include strong leadership ability, ability to lift over 40 pounds, ability to do heavy manual labor, computer literacy, ability to communicate clearly, ability to remain on feet for prolonged periods, ability to follow written and verbal instruction, and the ability to maintain compliance with government regulations.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.