Perioperative Nurse’s support surgeons with the preparation, administration, and the aftercare of a patient’s surgery. Duties include scheduling initial surgery after medical diagnostic, sterilizing surgical tools, providing aid during the surgery, observing vitals, monitoring and recording the patient’s recovery, and keeping patients informed about their surgery.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Perioperative Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Perioperative Nurse resumes for your reference.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Provided comprehensive and compassionate nursing care to patients during surgery.
- Effectively established rapport with challenging patient population of various cultural backgrounds through verbal reassurance, tactile stimulation, and emotional support.
- Facilitated education of perioperative nurses in clinical area by conducting short term preceptorship program introducing new graduate nurses to appropriate protocol.
- Completed projects related to maximizing unit time efficiency by decreasing operative cancelations due to delayed surgical cases.
- Averted potential incident using rapid response team training protocols for immediate recognition and correction of patient deterioration.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Prepared, transported, and maintained a sterile environment for surgical equipment during surgery.
- Provided comfort to patients with ear, nose, throat (ENT) procedures.
- Discharged patients upon doctor’s orders.
- Assisted an obstetrician during deliveries resulting in safe childbirths of healthy babies.
- Exhibited nursing excellence by consistently demonstrating the full knowledge and performance of the job role at all times while maintaining composure under pressure.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Reduced average time of surgical and preoperative preparations by 5 minutes at a top teaching hospital.
- Earned the appreciation and gratitude of surgeons, surgical staff, and patients for timely administration of anesthesia services in emergency surgery cases.
- Participated in 15 major operating room emergencies, such as cardiac arrest; administered treatment within 3 minutes on 12 occasions during which clients were resuscitated successfully.
- Guided over 300 anesthetics; maintained safety records with no fatalities.
- Provided leadership during three 4-hour toxic spills; supervised complete decontamination and orderly shutdowns of operating rooms to comply with OSHA regulations and hospital guidelines.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Effectively communicated with physicians and patients regarding patient’s surgical needs.
- Prudently prepared for surgery according to preoperative guidelines, including time management and communication with surgeons.
- Met the highest quality standards of care during a month-long Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit rotation after training two new nurses in protocol routines for arterial line insertion, central venous catheter placement, and blood product administration.
- Provided superior postoperative nursing care for five cases during an Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) program. Collected data from patients, performed calculations on fluid volumes, administered medications via syringe pump, and completed daily goals established by the aniologist before discharge from the facility.
- Actively contributed to the establishment of a new quality improvement initiative for patients during various medical procedures.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Organized operating room for all scheduled surgical cases.
- Completed pre-operative admission procedures by reviewing physician’s orders, lab results, X-ray reports, etc.
- Monitored anesthesia equipment in accordance with hospital standards to ensure proper function of the unit and patient safety. Trained other staff in safe use of equipment.
- Minimized treatment time by recognizing stat specimens prior to surgery start; expedited postoperative specimen processing upon request from stat labs.
- Reduced turnover time by identifying correct tray before case start; ensured cleanliness of areas used during procedure after completion of case was given to next team member.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Anesthetized patients, adjusted mild to moderate pain levels by injecting morphine or administering epidural analgesia.
- Performed highly technical cardiovascular and respiratory care procedures to ensure patient comfort during surgical operations.
- Effectively resolved medical emergencies in the cardiac laboratory suite; recognized for saving lives while adhering to infection control policies.
- Participated in research protocols involving new drug therapies for various types of cancer, including malignant melanoma.
- Promoted patient-centered care through skills in optimizing patient satisfaction survey results using multiple data sources.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Dual-licensed Certified Nurse Midwife and Certified Surgical Technologist, who provided patient care in operating rooms and birth suites.
- Performed a diverse range of clinical tasks including but not limited to ECG monitoring, medication administration, vital signs surveillance, intravenous fluid support, phlebotomy collection, respiratory management, sterile procedures preparation and surgical instrumentation.
- Trained by a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist in advanced airway management techniques such as regional nerve blockade for postoperative pain control.
- Oversaw the recovery room to ensure patients were transferred safely from anesthesia care to day surgery under appropriate levels of analgesia/consciousness.
- Invented tool to assist surgeons in proper placement of prosthetic knee components.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Showed initiative in completing tasks without direct instruction by performing computer searches for patient information and filing records.
- Supervised two nursing students on assigned perioperative rotation; recognized for outstanding performance by the education faculty.
- Consulted with surgeons and anesthesiologists regarding prepping and draping techniques; analyzed surgical instruments to ensure that sterilization was effective.
- Extracted medical history from patients prior to surgery; also effectively administered immunizations, inoculations, and flu shots.
- Delivered safe patient care through the accurate administration of anesthesia under veterinary supervision.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Flow managed perioperative nursing teams with an average of 20 cases daily.
- Assisted in the development and implementation of new policies, processes, and procedures for Operating Room I.
- Made significant contributions to Patient Care Services including impacting patient satisfaction survey results by 9% in a 30-bed unit within just six months.
- Planned, coordinated, monitored, and directed perioperative nursing care for all surgeries performed in 22 operating rooms with 10 or more surgeries scheduled simultaneously.
- Provided exceptional patient care during emergency situations including caring for patients experiencing cardiac arrest without any reported adverse events.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Prepared and counted surgical instruments and equipment, putting them in an efficient location to be used before the surgery.
- Assisted surgeon with inserting breathing tube into the trachea during a craniectomy (bilateral frontotemporal resection for seizure control).
- Quickly and accurately maintained inventory records of all items and equipment; organized supplies according to physicians’ preference; kept storage room clean.
- Handled medical emergencies such as excessive bleeding, cardiac arrest, postoperative hemorrhage requiring unit transfusion, rapid response team activation, respiratory failure following total abdominal hysterectomy.
- Recognized by patient for exceptional service; polite, caring manner; effective communication.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Expertly, confidently provided patient care in the operating room during complex surgical procedures.
- Actively contributed to team meetings by sharing information on assigned patients with concern for their physical needs and emotional well being.
- Managed medication administration order changes by following established protocols carefully.
- Effectively performed all assigned responsibilities accurately, quickly, and safely to avoid mistakes.
- Delivered quality patient care under adverse conditions; positively influenced patients’ recoveries through instilling confidence and instigating hope even in life-threatening situations.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Performed organ-specific preoperative care with patients; assessed, prepared, and assisted in surgery process.
- Promoted patient safety after team recognition for reporting noncompliance of doctor’s plan with surgical I.V. Procedure (IVP).
- Reduced risk potentials after identifying deviations in Perioperative Safety checklists; reported with corrective actions to facility administrator resulting in increased compliance rates.
- Reduced pain and stress during recovery by providing vital information to patients before, during, and following surgery procedures.
- Maximized departmental communication through leadership of a project that analyzed clinical communication processes and their effects on patient satisfaction, improved communication methods between nurse technicians and nursing assistants, nurses, and physicians, and recommended changes to policies and procedures.
Perioperative Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Proficiently communicated with surgeons and assistants during procedures to ensure the patient’s safety.
- Corrected medication dosages and orders at a rate of 100% according to hospital standards for accuracy and efficiency.
- Provided comfort and continuity of care by helping families find information about visiting hours, lodging, transportation, meals, and legal matters following discharge from the facility.
- Mentored new nurses on proper sterilization techniques; shared knowledge on protocols, policies, and documentation.
- Maintained smooth workflow in operating suite by coordinating pre-surgery preparation with nursing unit staff; recognized for high quality care given to patients.
A perioperative nurse must have a bachelor’s degree in nursing, be a registered nurse (RN), complete a perioperative nurse certification, and have work experience as an RN. Perioperative nurses must demonstrate knowledge of surgical procedures, surgical instruments, clinical competency, communication, human body’s psychological response to surgery, recognition and control of infections, and alertness.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.