Pediatric medical assistants work alongside pediatricians to provide care to children and young adults under the age of 18. If they work at the front of the office, these assistants process insurance information, receive copays, and answer phones; however, if they work in the back of the office, these assistants may be required to take patient vitals, administer hearing and eye tests, and clean examination rooms.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pediatric Medical Assistant resumes for your reference.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Helping sick children return to health by assisting physicians, nurses, aides, and other medical personnel.
- Assisted patients by preparing them for examination; administering prescribed medication; bathing patients; taking vital signs, and contacting physician when necessary.
- Initiated new patient file upon registration of patient through the issuance of the medical identification card; asked how to spell a name or indicate correct pronunciation.
- Organized and maintained files for confidential medical records.
- File entry experience with computerized database system for medical office.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Performed various duties in Pediatric Office to include assisting the physician with medical record-keeping, addressing patient concerns, and cross-checking insurance eligibility.
- Founded Patient Advocacy Committee; conducted PR campaigns for this non-profit organization.
- Received award for the outstanding medical student; completed high standards of excellence in the fields of medicine, ethics, and patient care.
- Performed CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) on a victim who was hit by a car; received a commendation from the police department for providing critical first aid.
- Volunteered at the county animal shelter; walked dogs and brushed cats.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Performed patient exams, immunizations, temperatures, forms, and X-rays.
- Created an effective first aid checklist to familiarize me with first aid procedures on contact situations.
- Helped decrease the time it takes to draw blood by instructing the nurse on obtaining skin surface scrapings of patients’ arms instead of taking blood draws.
- Attended school at night earning my associate’s degree in science with a minor in nursing. Raised my GPA from 2.5 to 3.0 within one year.
- Received award for great attitude and kind treatment towards others; assisted numerous doctors throughout the office during their shifts for patient exams and treatment plans.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Maintained daily log of all activities performed and administrative duties performed and performed accurate and timely billings.
- Assured proper documentation and faxed to appropriate party.
- Accomplished tasks requested by the physician or other staff members; effectively communicated to patients regarding their medical condition, treatment plan, and side effects.
- Recognized as a ‘superstar’ by the medical team for outstanding performance, efficiency, and attitude.
- Achieved award of quality from the nursing team for adhering to the quality assurance policy.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Answering phones; scheduling appointments; performing minor medical procedures.
- Scheduled patients’ appointments using electronic calendars; updated patient records per hospital guidelines.
- Trained nurses and physician’s assistants in administering medication according to prescription guidelines.
- Assisted physicians during office hours by performing office duties such as filing, copying, and messengeaging.
- Completed a research project regarding a patient with a rare illness for a class assignment given by the attending physician.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Developed positive working relationships with parents, children, and physicians; anticipated physician’s needs; answered patients’ questions.
- Proficiently performed pediatric immunizations, i.e., MMR (measle-mumps-rubella), DTaP (diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis), polio vaccine/IPV (inactivated polio vaccine); maintained records of vaccinations.
- Developed knowledge of pharmacology for pediatric patients; administered medications.
- Maintained and updated emergency and infection control plans.
- Maintained professional appearance, e.g., wearing appropriate uniforms, adhering to company’s dress code.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Prepared and distributed statistics and reports to the Director of Pediatrics, acquiring recognition for accuracy and integrity.
- Recognized by the hospital for alerting medical staff of a potential liability matter; maintained evidence of related documentation.
- Acquired the intelligence and authority to adequately suppress unruly patients; specifically referred to by nursing staff for skillful management of three incidents involving male adolescents.
- Attained recognition as a vital member of the Emergency Medical Team; specifically recognized for locating an unconscious female who had collapsed in an off-limits area near the cafeteria.
- Achieved award as an exemplary employee; specifically acknowledged by peers for knowledge, poise, and leadership during crisis situations.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Performed duties as a receptionist, medical secretary, and medical assistant. Monitored patient records to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Developed a patient/staff survey that received a high rating from hospital administration. Participated in inventory scheduling and implemented a new computer system.
- Received outstanding quality award; was recognized as an outstanding employee at Orlando Regional Medical Center.
- Established excellent rapport with the patients, parents, and families whose children were being treated by the program at Orlando Regional Medical Center’s Children’s Hospital.
- Received outstanding quality award; was recognized by the assistant medical director for her excellent work.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Took a pediatric patient’s blood pressure with a digital monitor and record results on a form.
- Obtained clinical information from a pediatric patient’s health record and made necessary notations on the chart.
- Referred a child to an outside specialist as needed for follow-up treatment.
- Completed pre-medication survey before administering medication as ordered by a physician.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had been treated by me as their medical assistant.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Adhered to direct patient care guidelines; provided exceptional patient care and superior wait time.
- Identified pain and assessed individuals for symptoms of potential medical problems; ensured appropriate patient follow-up as needed.
- Completed paperwork as ordered, whether it be forms or charts; merited recognition as a proficient team member.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality; contributed to both clinical and administrative tasks as established by established guidelines.
- Received outstanding quality award; contributed to both clinical and administrative tasks as established by established guidelines.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Assisted the Medical Director with the day-to-day running of the clinic, helping to keep records and coordinate with other clinics and physicians.
- Achieved award for exceptional patient performance; effectively implemented new procedures and equipment.
- Conducted thorough consultations and examined and treated all patients, according to their history and medical needs.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; worked quickly, efficiently, clearly communicating any concerns or questions that might be found during examinations.
- Received award for outstanding quality; worked quickly, efficiently, clearly communicating any concerns or questions that might be found during examinations.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Maintained medical charting system by entering information into computerized EMR.
- Searched the Internet for information concerning the latest medical developments.
- Attended meetings to educate PMA’s on new or updated procedures.
- Posted announcements in PMA’s bulletin board to inform them of procedures, policies, etc.
- Was responsible for fulfilling all insurance paperwork, assisting doctors in writing discharge orders, and collecting all bills from patients/caregivers to be forwarded to the billing department.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Collaborated with nursing staff to assist in the delivery of infants weighing less than 2 pounds.
- Assisted in the circumcision of newborns.
- Provided professional care for children at the West End Neighborhood Center by developing plans for activities and assisting with daily care needs.
- Implemented training programs to provide a supervised safe play environment for children at daycare by responding to questions regarding appropriate discipline techniques, child development plus safety reminders, collection of data regarding accidents, emergencies, etc.
- Described various types of medication to parents so they can understand why each medication is prescribed or administered, how it is used, and when it may be needed.
Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Trained and assisted new employees in medical practices. Resolved data entry problems and ensured that proper steps were taken when entering patient information.
- Provided patients with superior customer service by assisting them with scheduling appointments and answering questions about aftercare services.
- Maintained confidentiality of medical records; realized the importance of protecting patients’ privacy regarding their health history, insurance coverage, and financial information.
- Handled patient accounts; recognized superb clerical skills in balancing collections and accurately recording insurance payments.
- Performed well in stressful situations; coped well with interruptions during shift changes; realized that mistakes could be avoided by double-checking work before submitting to supervisor for review.
Medical assistants must have prior work experience in a pediatrician’s office. They have to demonstrate basic medical knowledge, friendliness towards children, a calm countenance, competency with office machinery, a pleasant phone demeanor, data entry skills, and adherence to confidentiality laws.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Samples
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up