Payroll Officers make sure company employees are getting paid the correct amount of money on time. Payroll officers track employees’ work hours, update employee records when there are changes, answer any questions regarding payroll an employee might have, resolve any payroll issues, determine payroll liabilities, and oversee payroll for the whole company.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Payroll Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Payroll Officer resumes for your reference.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 1
- Processed payroll for more than 500 employees in a timely and accurate manner.
- Inventoried and labeled all files as per filing standards. Reorganized files as a new organizational structure were implemented.
- Received top-of-the-class award from Academy of Human Resource Management for payroll management.
- Trained the team on updated HR policies and procedures, including but not limited to time reporting, expense reports, FMLA, retirement benefits, and new hires paperwork/orientation.
- Handled sensitive information on new hires, terminations, salary changes, etc.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 2
- Processed payroll in a timely and accurate manner; achieved highest customer service scores and feedback based on annual evaluations and call monitoring.
- Edited, formatted, and distributed human resource policies; accomplished tasks in a timely manner while adhering to procedure.
- Ensured the safety of employee records; effectively implemented safeguards while completing tasks.
- Received highest quality award for reviewing and analyzing data relating to employee performance issues.
- Achieved outstanding recognition for compiling, coding, and distributing data relating to compensation information based on company guidelines.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 3
- Initiated and maintained the payroll system, ensuring that correct calculations and deductions were applied according to government regulations and company guidelines.
- Reviewed the information on the employees’ time sheets and calculated, recorded, and distributed paychecks in a timely manner.
- Handled employee insurance paperwork, such as health insurance forms and retirement plan forms.
- Reconciled medical claims by receiving records from the doctors’ offices and paying claims to hospitals.
- Managed corporate credit cards; ensured that corporate credit cards were paid off in full each month and monitored credit balances for customers and vendors to protect the company’s interests.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 4
- Researched new job opportunities in the area for which she had certified training.
- Provided effective customer service; maintained excellent relationships with customers, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Proactively approached potential colleagues in the HR department; demonstrated leadership qualities by approaching peers to gain insight into their job satisfaction.
- Achieved award for acquiring new skills that proved meaningful to her career goal. Identified the importance of managing multiple projects at once in order to work efficiently.
- Received outstanding performance recognition; successfully resolved customer complaints; acted in accordance with Supervisors’ directions even when not consistent with her personal opinion, keeping all parties involved happy and satisfied regardless of the decision made.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 5
- Handled applicants in the applicant handling and interview process.
- Processed new employee applications and processed employment verification paperwork in a timely manner; presented all required materials for consideration of employment within 3 days of receiving materials.
- Conducted mandatory training sessions on work rules, policies, and procedures. Maintained attendance records of all trainees to ensure no-shows do not repeat from cycle to cycle.
- Ensured all submitted documentation was received by supervisors for processing within 3 days after submission date. Supported efficient management through administrative support to ensure that decisions were made on a timely basis regarding employee terminations and disciplinary action/suspension.
- Managed surveys for all employees. Provided feedback to new employees on their performance and the overall work environment.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 6
- Recognized as a Top Performer by the Department of Labor and Employment and rewarded with a bonus and prize for excellence in payroll services.
- Outstanding performance received as a district/region HR representative; was recognized as HR’s Top Performer.
- Quickly resolved issues that arise from time to time; dealt with numerous personnel changes resulting in several payrolls being delayed throughout the year.
- Received excellent rating for performance from managers of positions which I supervised. In addition, I helped coordinate staff appraisals to meet federal requirements.
- Received excellent rating for performance from managers of positions which I supervised.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 7
- Processed payroll changes, holiday and vacation requests.
- Nurtured employee performance; coached and trained new employees.
- Trained new staff and offset customer attrition by 25%; creating a welcoming environment through knowledge of proper response to customer needs and questions.
- Resolved complex department issues; implemented solutions to improve workflow and decrease customer complaints by 50%.
- Identified cost savings; implemented real estate management process that reduced overhead costs by 15%.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 8
- Ensure accuracy in payroll processes, including direct deposit setup; complete forms for insurance, debt management programs; process modification; distribution of 401K plan contributions; basic tax coding.
- Monitor company benefits administered by HR to ensure that all vendors are paid accurately.
- Provided assistance to other department managers when absence rates increased due to employees having increased responsibilities within their departments.
- Worked with department managers in managing absence issues, conducting meetings with employees so they understood the importance of attendance. Reviewed adherence to attendance guidelines established by HR and made necessary changes where appropriate.
- Proactively recruited personnel so that the labor pool was sized appropriately for anticipated growth.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 9
- Accumulated more than 10 years of industry experience, including over 700 peer reviews.
- Obtained awards for outstanding knowledge of employment laws and government regulations, tax forms, benefits packages, employee performance evaluation forms, etc.
- Successfully performed numerous cross-functional projects in order to provide HR employees with timely paychecks.
- Received award for the highest number of positive comments; successfully coordinated multiple HR functions to accommodate our customers’ needs.
- Earned the respect of senior management for providing exemplary training to newly hired HR employees.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 10
- Completed annual performance evaluations for all employees; ensured that results were fair and consistent with performance standards.
- Directed the recruiting process to attract qualified applicants; interviewed, screened, and selected management trainee candidates.
- Helped negotiates a contract with a customer service staffing agency to recruit temporary employees who met the exact qualifications required by our department.
- Researched and developed a strategic action plan for strategic planning purposes.
- Identified training needs in the area of payroll systems and developed a plan to improve operational efficiency.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 11
- Designed a pay structure with a Regional Vice President in order to attract and retain employees.
- Supported payroll services for 400+ employees with financial accuracy.
- Coordinated employee records, W-2s, and timecards from the central payroll office.
- Maintained employee records in an electronic database for future reference.
- Integrated paper and electronic systems to improve efficiency and reduce costs of payroll processing; recognized by the CFO for outstanding performance.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 12
- Completed payroll calculations to ensure that all employees were paid accurately and on time, receiving recognition from the CEO for outstanding performance.
- Reduced payroll processing time by 30%; received the award for outstanding performance from Regional VP of Human Resources.
- Increased efficiency through the implementation of a computer system; earned appreciation from CEO for outstanding performance.
- Recognized for ensuring a fair and equitable payment process while reducing the number of errors in the payroll process by a substantial number—12% to be exact—thereby improving employee morale and the company’s reputation in the community.
- Redesigned new payroll system that generated approximately $3 million in additional revenue.
Payroll Officer Resume Sample 13
- Completed employment opportunity review and job analysis; analyzed the opportunity and the benefits it would bring to both the company and each individual.
- Implemented a comprehensive performance improvement program for the HR office.
- Became an expert in payroll regulations, processes, procedures, and regulations; identified financial discrepancies in the pay periods and refund checks for employees whose pay was not deposited in their bank account.
- Delivered outstanding career development services to new employees in training and orientation; trained new employees in HR policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Maintained loyalty among current employees by supporting employee growth through various incentives.
You must have a high school diploma, but it would be beneficial to have a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics. Payroll Officers must have strong skills in mathematics, organizational skills, computer skills, communication skills, strong attention to detail, have honesty and integrity, and must be able to work by themselves and with a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.