Mental health specialists work with individuals to assess their mental state, identify any mental health issues, and help them properly solve the problems using medication, therapies and other remedies. A mental health specialist will perform duties such as screening patients, asking questions, monitoring behavior, creating charts and documents, implementing health plans, recommending certain medications or remedies, and communicating with other health professionals.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Mental Health Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Mental Health Specialist resumes for your reference.
Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Recruited/trained peer support specialist staff to provide crisis, supportive listening, educational services to client population.
- Provided crisis intervention service with anecdotal reports of reduced number of suicides with aftercare follow-up.
- Achieved 100% participation by clients in support groups resulting in increased self-esteem which led to showing less resistant behavior towards authority figures and improvement in social skills which resulted in fewer outbursts at home and school.
- Identified risk behaviors for adolescents discharged from residential treatment facility so as to provide evidence-based preventive plan for families during high risk periods such as holidays, graduations, etc., based on HASS (higher altitude stress syndrome).
- Successfully negotiated collaborative agreement between agency and In-Home Services provider to identify adolescents at risk for HASS. This enabled intervention in a timely manner to prevent out-of-home placement.
Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Conducted individualized counseling sessions with adults, teens, families, couples, and groups to identify personal strengths.
- Trained other counselors in therapeutic support techniques; recognized by the Health Care Authority for exceptional performance.
- Used effective communication skills to facilitate emotional awareness and manage stress during difficult episodes of crisis intervention.
- Provided professional support to countless organizations including drug rehabilitation centers, community clinics, correctional facilities, shelters for abused women and children, law enforcement agencies and district attorneys’ offices.
- Collaborated with local health care providers to improve mental health services in target areas based on epidemiological data results.
Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Played a key role in the development of a treatment manual, which was authored by the Clinical Director and distributed to mental health professionals in four states.
- Achieved successful outcome for clients with co-occurring disorders through skills training, emotional regulation, relapse prevention, medication management, and cognitive restructuring.
- Assisted in developing components of two comprehensive programs that were endorsed by the state Division of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- Raised awareness about social justice issues surrounding mental illness with community stakeholders at educational events during regular visits to local college campuses.
- Educated audiences about multicultural issues relating to patients’ values regarding therapy sessions with different ethnic groups at professional conferences across the country.
Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Diagnosed, monitored and treated patients with clinical depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders.
- Averaged 12 patient visits per day after becoming proficient in cognitive restructuring, hypnosis, interpersonal therapy, and eye movement desensitization.
- Wrote reports on mental health stability to primary care physicians which increased treatment compliance by 24% for bipolar patients.
- Received “Above & Beyond Award” for 100% accuracy in recording critical patient information within three minutes of entering the room.
- Led peers through CPR refresher training emphasizing the importance of continued education in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to maintain skills vital to an ever-changing healthcare environment.
Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Provided confidential counseling services to adolescents, adults, and families.
- Facilitated family sessions through depression, divorce recovery, grief/loss, anxiety management groups.
- Oversaw clinical practice guidelines involving treatment modalities of clients.
- Educated staff on mental health issues during monthly seminars; responsible for incorporating changes into the clinic’s operation.
- Restored harmony across generations by providing support and guidance during a multi-generational separation process involving a family with three generations living in different states due to job transfer.
Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Provided crisis intervention and short-term counseling services to individuals with severe emotional problems.
- Developed a new model for group therapy that included diversity in ethnic, gender, and age range of peer participants.
- Promoted collaboration among staff members by coordinating weekly team meetings for social work.
- Facilitated communication between families and housing facilities following extensive research of local living environments and community resources.
- Evaluated individual patient’s performance in residential treatment centers to provide recommendations for future growth based on specific conditions stipulated in their contract with facility managers.
Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Maintained the confidentiality of patient information in compliance with HIPAA.
- Promoted coordination of care by giving effective referrals to patients’ other healthcare providers.
- Provided emotional support for patients and families in times of crisis, including death, divorce, financial problems, child custody disputes, etc.
- Trained agency personnel on mental health procedures and protocols. Initiated quality assurance/improvement process that has yielded 10% cost savings for agency.
- Founded Community Mental Health Coalition which helped establish an Employee Assistance Program within the county government network through education and consensus building among representatives from public agencies, private organizations, businesses, social service, schools, churches and quasi-governmental agencies.
Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Provided mental health growth, treatment and support to six clients in individual therapy.
- Assisted clients both group and individually with a variety of issues including but not limited to depression, stress, anxiety, loss/grief, relationships, parenting etc.
- Helped client achieve improved self-esteem by teaching techniques on relaxation and mediation.
- Collaborated with client’s doctor(s) to ensure compatibility of medical treatment with psychological care.
- Enhanced patient care through ability to communicate effectively with customers from diverse backgrounds.
Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Provided or arranged for psychiatric and psychological treatment to or for child, adolescent, adult; family, group, and individual.
- Developed and coordinated courses and workshops in stress management to promote mental health awareness.
- Provided psychotherapy and counseling services to help resolve personal problems that may be adversely affecting the client’s home life, occupation, school performance or social activities.
- Modify effective interpersonal relationships by providing consultation with personnel managers regarding personnel selection procedures.
- Assisted clients in living more satisfying lives by helping them resolve emotional conflicts which interfered with their ability to function effectively at work or within the family unit.
Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Researched and developed a framework for the hospital’s new approach to psychiatric diagnosis and treatment.
- Provided positive feedback at weekly staff meetings, promoted ideas for future patient care plans, and improved record-keeping systems.
- Designed and executed an experimental research plan that demonstrated significant growth in patients diagnosed with bipolar disorder following medication changes and better compliance rates than other facilities’ records indicated.
- Organized activities based on children’s personal interests; helped improve their social skills by encouraging them to participate in group sports such as kickball, jump rope, dodge ball, etc.
- Collaborated with school counselors to allow students access to educational resources available through community programs; contributed efforts toward improving attendance and GPA for at-risk elementary school students.
Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Provided individual therapy for individuals.
- Conducted two-hour psycho-educational seminars on skin picking disorder to 30 mental health professionals.
- Developed training materials for nonverbal behavior diagnosis of adults with autism, Asperger Syndrome, and other social learning disorders.
- Facilitated support group sessions providing companionship to caregivers of adult family members coping with mental illness.
- Trained under pressure of unexpected crises during medical emergencies by calming patients before the arrival of emergency technicians.
Educational requirements to become a mental health specialist are a bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences, as well as an extensive training program. Skills necessary to the position include excellent communication, empathy towards others, organizational skills, computer literacy, data review and entry, and the ability to solve problems and offer solutions.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Mental Health Specialist Resume Samples
- Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Mental Health Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up