The Medical Administrator oversees the daily operations of hospitals and other health care facilities. Their duties include managing and distributing information within the office, answering phones, make memos and other documents, maintaining files, send and receive correspondence, and greet clients and customers.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Medical Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Medical Administrator resumes for your reference.
Medical Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Administered surgery center to the highest standards of excellence.
- Implemented administrative procedures following federal guidelines for documentation, including completing all forms accurately and in a timely manner upon patient admission.
- Ensured that patients were treated with dignity, courtesy, and respect; projected a professional image at all times while adhering to established policies and procedures during hospital tours involving potential clients (voted best tour guide by 4 out of 5 customers).
- Promoted customer service satisfaction by optimizing staff productivity; motivated team members to perform their duties thoroughly and quickly yet carefully.
- Achieved an expense reduction from $300,000 USD/year to $180,000 USD/year by introducing new imaging technology.
Medical Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Administered daily operations of a 50-bed hospital and oversaw the management of multiple departments including marketing, human resources, employee benefits, accounts payable/receivable, patient financial services.
- Oversaw quality improvement measures for all operating units including staff training on regulatory compliance, computer system implementations to promote uniform documentation and streamlined procedures.
- Optimized departmental budget by promoting increased revenue collection but reduced operating expenses through reorganization and consolidation of duties.
- Achieved nearly 100% satisfaction among residents in a newly constructed facility after establishing a customer service program that included 24-hour staffing levels, enhanced security features, full meal services.
- Pioneered an interdisciplinary team approach to streamline patient financial services which reduced their no-show rate by 50%.
Medical Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Authored a 62-page MS Word-formatted manual detailing the full set of procedures for front office, pharmacy, and administrator duties.
- Honored as a three-time “Employee of the Year” for punctuality, communication skills, and outstanding service to patients.
- Implemented an improved appointment scheduling system that increased daily wait time by over 50% while improving wait times at every stage of the process.
- Managed two medical offices simultaneously to annual profits in excess of $814,000; monthly payroll as high as $64,000; over $100 million in assets under management.
- Quickly solved billing issues before they accrue significant costs by scanning, emailing, and faxing billing statements to patients when they are overdue.
Medical Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Assisted the Regional Vice President in planning, organizing, and implementing new administrative procedures.
- Performed duties as liaison between physicians and hospital management regarding contractual agreements.
- Provided competent customer service to patients by maintaining accurate medical records; received Patient Satisfaction Award for extraordinary care.
- Oversaw the efficient daily operations of the Employee Health Unit; designed an effective training program for new employees.
- Negotiated complex contracts with insurance companies, managed physician recruitment process, which helped fill gaps in coverage areas.
Medical Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Administered all areas of a medical office in a professional and efficient manner.
- Acted as front desk receptionist for hours requiring organization, confidentiality, and high standard of customer service.
- In charge of billing and financial records with an effective system that yielded 100% collection rate on accounts receivable daily.
- Achieved monthly sales target through conversion of new patient appointments from doctor’s referrals.
- Identified the need to enhance the practice marketing plan by performing marketing research specific to their site demographic profile conducted via focus groups and surveys.
Medical Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Effectively managed the medical billing department; designed, implemented and supervised billing procedures; established new policies and procedures that increased productivity by more than 50% annually.
- Improved medical reception process flow, eliminating redundancies within multiple departments; recognized for excellence in performance by promotion to Business Office Manager.
- Chaired multiple hospital committees dealing with human resources issues, reimbursement processes, appellate cases, systems development projects, quality improvement initiatives and administrative policy changes.
- Negotiated contract increases for nurses while maintaining high patient satisfaction ratings during appointment reassignment on the busiest days of the year (Halloween & New Years).
- Maintained an open door policy for all employees to ensure open communication and updates on company changes.
Medical Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Worked to improve hospital operations, increased patient satisfaction scores.
- Developed & implemented new policies for the department.
- Grew unit revenue by 20% within 1 year.
- Executed proper financial management of the department to meet all operational expenses.
- Responsible for implementing corrective training programs to correct substandard performance of staff members in order to promote accurate production and increase efficiency resulting in cost control and improvement of attendance records through follow-up, coaching, counseling, monitoring and reporting infractions/corrective measures taken.
Medical Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Developed new certificate programs in medical assisting and nursing, which increased interest from the public.
- Coordinated course scheduling between two schools for a total of nine different departments to ensure smooth transition from high school to post-secondary education.
- Organized monthly Children’s Miracle Network Advisory Council meetings with representatives from fourteen hospitals throughout our network region.
- Provided leadership for a 24/7 Emergency Department during Hurricane Katrina relief efforts by directing non-clinical staff in data collection, recordkeeping, and patient tracking. Received the Presidential Volunteer Service Award for my volunteer efforts during that time including first aid training, staffing shelters, food banks, animal rescue operations and volunteer coordination.
- Improved departmental efficiencies by 50% through the implementation of a centralized, paperless Workday system.
Medical Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Administered a multi-million dollar budget of the department.
- Managed accounts payable for an organization generating $11 million in revenue annually.
- Oversaw the utilization review of all patient care utilizing the latest technology and software.
- Developed policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure compliance with Medicare guidelines while maintaining high quality patient care standards.
- Trained staff on new billing processes saving two hours daily with improved quality customer service.
Medical Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Prepared 4,000 meals per day for the City’s homeless population using ingredients donated by various grocery stores.
- Provided excellent customer service to patients, providers, and visitors through high quality medical support.
- Accomplished necessary changes to meet new requirements by improving accuracy of charting procedures through use of electronic health record (EHR).
- Supported departmental goals by maintaining compliance with state and federal guidelines; recognized as team member of the month.
- Completed all hospital orientation tasks expediently; effective time management skills allow attention to detail during daily operations.
Medical Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Managed an efficient, productive nursing department which promoted quality medical care, patient satisfaction, and optimal use of available resources.
- Established a successful chronic disease self-management program for patients with diabetes in collaboration with public health nurses.
- Prepared reports summarizing outcomes of quarterly utilization review meetings to monitor the performance of the organization.
- Researched cost data relating to major insurance claims in order to negotiate more favorable fees with insurers.
- Streamlined operations through checklist protocols over single source billing methodologies thereby reducing reimbursement cycle time by 50%.
To work as a Medical Administrator must have a bachelor’s degree in health care administration or related field, at least 5 years experience in a hospital administration position. A Medical Administrator must have considerable knowledge of health care regulations, in depth knowledge of medical terminology, must have outstanding written and oral communication skills, be a problem-solver, possess time management skills, must have clerical skills, and must have proven experience with administration and accounting processes.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.