A mathematics teacher teaches mathematics to children in grades K-12. Duties include teaching kindergarten children how to write numerals, teaching them that numerals stand for values, teaching addition and subtraction to lower school students, teaching multiplication and division, teaching algebra, geometry, and calculus to upper school students, designing classes for special ed students, and sponsoring after-school math clubs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Mathematics Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Mathematics Teacher resumes for your reference.
Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Adept in preparing, motivating, and engaging students in the learning process.
- Greeted with enthusiasm by parents for positive reinforcement of their children’s education.
- Improved test scores in subject areas after implementing new teaching methods in accordance with district standards.
- Contributed to League-Wide Mathematics Contest at state level by helping school earn Honorable Mention Award.
- Earned appreciation from colleagues for development of creative assessment tools to monitor student progress on standardized testing preparedness benchmarks throughout the year.
Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Provided mathematics instruction to students of all ability levels in grades 6-8.
- Developed an appreciation for mathematics among students by creating age-appropriate projects, games, and resources.
- Implemented new teaching methods when appropriate; added more hands-on activities, problem solving opportunities, and cooperative learning tasks when it was evident that traditional methods were not working.
- Facilitated in the development of study guides in order to clarify concepts taught in class; received compliments from parents regarding their children’s increased understanding of material covered in class.
- Received positive evaluations on my performance as a teacher during my second year after receiving negative reviews the previous year.
Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Improved student learning by teaching decimals, fractions, ratios and percentages; led the school team to victory at the regional math Olympics.
- Assisted students in learning content through hands-on activities; increased the number of students passing the district final exam from 72% to over 96%.
- Developed a new method for teaching linear equations using graphing technology by developing a Regents exam prepared PowerPoint presentation.
- Introduced inquiry based lessons which allowed students to think critically and solve problems on their own; wrote an article for teachers entitled “Inquiry Based Instruction in Middle School Mathematics.”
- Increased interest in mathematics during summer enrichment program by including art projects that utilized geometric concepts.
Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Established a student body of over 80 students within 3 months.
- Implemented two new mathematics curricula, one at the high school level which was nationally recognized for excellence.
- Developed and conducted an accelerated summer program to prepare underperforming middle school students for rigorous high school math curriculum.
- Designed an interactive website to provide real-time data on each student’s progress, identified key intervention points based on this analysis, and initiated weekly tutorials to ensure that every student achieved mastery of these problem areas.
- Recognized by district administrators as Teacher of the Year three out of five years due to effective rapport with students and parents, demonstrated ability to meet or exceed academic goals, and community outreach.
Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Incorporated into the school’s curriculum, the “Math in the City” program that provided pre-algebra and algebra students with a visual approach to mathematics and facilitated problem solving using city maps and landmarks.
- Revised lessons in accordance with standardized testing requirements for grades 5-12; motivated students by encouraging group participation.
- Reduced disciplinary problems during study hall sessions by organizing fun math games that strengthened student academic skills.
- Increased performance on state assessment tests 4% over two years while supervising four other teachers during class periods.
- Improved student motivation, enthusiasm, and interest by introducing project based learning approaches where students could utilize critical thinking skills to solve real-world problems related to mathematics.
Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Dedicated to the pursuit of excellence, exceeding goals through dedication and team work.
- Strengthened school’s mathematics department via effective lesson planning, pupil support, and professional development.
- Achieved a record high success rate in standardized testing for all grades within the academic year.
- Raised self-confidence and motivation levels of pupils through a positive message based on individual effort, hard work, and commitment to attain goals.
- Effectively initiated a peer tutor program resulting in an increased passing percentage from 85% to 100%.
Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Facilitate a thorough understanding of number theory, algebraic functions and relations, analytic geometry, and calculus for pre-calculus students.
- Mentor student teachers on effective teaching techniques; their class received recognition from school administrators as one of the best math classes in the grade level.
- An innovative mathematical instructor who utilizes new technologies to deliver lessons that engage students’ critical thinking skills.
- Inaugurate six themed units over three years to keep classroom materials fresh and stimulating by integrating different learning styles with graphic organizers, visual clues, research projects, outside speakers, art competitions, etcetera.
- Initiated developments into the mathematics curriculum; included applications for organic chemistry students and new opportunities for online learning.
Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Demonstrated strong teaching practice with a mixed ability group of Secondary 3 students, facilitating negotiations that led to a subjective grading system.
- Developed several engaging and successful lessons in order to engage better with my Secondary 2 class, leading to increased motivation for work.
- Maintained high levels of student engagement by inspiring curiosity with abstract concepts using practical applications within the classroom.
- Taught Naplan-style mathematics questions to Primary 7 students at Saturday school in order to challenge them further and make their learning more rewarding.
- Organized professional development session on developing student’s number sense in order to deliver more effective math lessons in the future.
Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Fostered students’ creative problem solving skills, independent thinking skills, and good citizenship through use of hands-on learning activities.
- Showed ability to quickly assess student academic needs with special emphasis on at risk students.
- Utilize knowledge of technology education to facilitate creativity in classroom with help from grant funded grant projects.
- Identified areas where students required additional support and provided this support before it affected their overall achievement levels.
- Introduced reading readiness program for pre-kindergarten children; expanded library services by obtaining new books and donating others that would be useful to students.
Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Introduced new teaching techniques to increase student interest in math.
- Created an interactive learning environment that allowed students of varying comprehension levels to understand mathematics concepts and appreciate mathematics as a life skill.
- Developed several different after-school programs for students at risk of academic failure.
- Delivered instruction during summer school, allowing 10th grade students who had failed Geometry the opportunity to take Algebra 1 during their senior year.
- Provided guidance and mentorship to high school seniors on college applications, essays, SAT preparation, scholarship applications, college visits, financial aid forms, online registration for orientation and classes.
Mathematics teachers must have a bachelor’s degree in education, plus passing state licensure tests. Math teachers must demonstrate excellent presentation skills, a positive attitude, enthusiasm, accurate data entry, patience, ability to work under high stress, excellent computer skills, and communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Mathematics Teacher Resume Samples
- Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up