A landlord manages properties and rents them out to tenants. A landlord’s responsibilities include collecting payment, resolving tenant complaints and concerns, reviewing possible tenants, working with property inspectors, abiding by health and safety standards, collecting security deposits, and maintaining the property.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Landlord Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Landlord resumes for your reference.
Landlord Resume Sample 1
- Masterfully helped owner resolve tenant issues with resolve and grace.
- Anticipated owner`s needs and provide solutions to owner`s problems; received the outstanding quality award for tenant relations.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively generated leads generated for customer service calls.
- Received outstanding quality award; helped settle tenant conflicts with tact, diplomacy, and resolve.
- Resolved tenant complaints promptly; recognized for outstanding customer service skills by leading management.
Landlord Resume Sample 2
- Consistently maintained a full rental season by personally contacting every prospect in the area.
- Maintained positive working relations with property managers throughout the region by attending association meetings for the local community of landlords.
- Developed an innovative program titled “Make Your Vacation More Vacation”.
- Established an environment where employees had opportunities to expand their skills and work experience while simultaneously achieving organization goals.
- Appointed member of the board of directors for the organization that raises money for charity through golf tournaments annually.
Landlord Resume Sample 3
- Developed a cost-effective solution for saving water by repairing leaks in toilets, showerheads, and faucets.
- Trained new employees on the safety protocols related to HVAC systems.
- Provided documentation that resulted in the substantial return of capital to the corporation via parking lot repairs and restriping during peak times of occupancy.
- Selected by peers as “the best Landlord” for the 2nd consecutive year; demonstrated skills regarding building maintenance, safety, security, resident services, and communications.
- Eliminated costs by properly disposing of unused office supplies.
Landlord Resume Sample 4
- Awarded for maintaining apartments in immaculate condition; recognized by the Office of Landlord Relations for outstanding performance.
- Recommended by the Manager of Landlord Relations to represent the company at a regional conference; received outstanding conference award.
- Recognized and awarded for exceptional customer service and for minimizing customer complaints.
- Received award for reducing billing errors and resolving delinquent accounts efficiently while adhering to federal guidelines regarding fair housing and fair lending practices.
- Recognized by the manager for reducing vacancy rate; maintained minimum occupancy levels while exceeding customers’ expectations regarding availability, cleanliness, safety, and security of accommodations.
Landlord Resume Sample 5
- Served as a key team member responsible for the preparation and oversight of unit financials for the group.
- Responsible to maintain and ensure regulatory compliance, ensuring that all aspects of IRS requirements were met as per bank policy.
- Supervised all aspects of accounting, P&L, budgetary control, cash flow control, and credit control.
- Maintained unit budgets which included employee compensation packages as well as marketing information from the marketing department.
- Assisted in merchandising departments with major item solutions, price adjustments, and inventory management.
Landlord Resume Sample 6
- Performed tenant screening to determine qualification for the vacancy.
- Screened, qualified, and assigned qualified applicants for vacancies.
- Reviewed rental application to ensure applicant’s qualifications, conducts credit checks on prospective tenants.
- Attended meetings with prospective tenants to determine their aptitudes for leasing the property.
- Regularly conducted employee evaluations and conducted employee training when required to do so.
Landlord Resume Sample 7
- Negotiated lease agreements on behalf of the client.
- Received outstanding quality award of the year from the client’s executive management team; performing a variety of tasks to support a rapidly growing organization.
- Prepared quarterly financial reports for a hotel.
- Maintained company-wide accounting system by preparing monthly tax deposits, reconciling bank accounts, and performing other documentation duties.
- Served as Purchasing Agent for hotel, which generated over $22.3 million in revenue.
Landlord Resume Sample 8
- Accepted responsibility for the professional duties of a landlord; maintained rental units by ensuring compliance with building codes and regulations.
- Actively promoted building occupancy through community outreach, such as attending homeowner association meetings and communicating with prospective residents.
- Successfully increased rent; negotiated lease terms and conditions to meet the needs of both my company and prospective tenants.
- Helped reduce vacancy rates; rented occupied units, in addition to my own vacancies.
- Recognized for improved land-lord duties by receiving a pay increase and commendation from management for exceeding goals.
Landlord Resume Sample 9
- Achieved an excellent score of 99.9% in the “Customer Satisfaction” category in the friendliness survey conducted by my tenants.
- Tenants highly recommended the efficiency of my services in handling maintenance requests.
- Helped tenants in resolving lease disputes in a timely manner.
- Landlord award based on customer survey ratings.
- Recognized for high productivity in my career field.
Landlord Resume Sample 10
- Saved the company percentage by 50,000 by identifying a vendor for a high-end linen rental service.
- Increased efficiency of a cleaning crew by creating a simple checklist and additional training program.
- Prevented damage to timeshare units by fielding complaints from dissatisfied guests and resolving issues before they escalated into lawsuits.
- Located an alternate site for our annual convention due to guest dissatisfaction after hotel renovations turned out to be less than adequate, saving the company over $50,000.
- Assisted in sales initiatives with clients that saved the company approximately $500,000 on new AC unit purchases.
Landlord Resume Sample 11
- Successfully negotiated lease for a conference center with a corporate client.
- Recognized for receiving highest sales award for West Coast account.
- Recognized by Vice President of the company in the annual report for a $500,000 increase in sales in one year.
- Earned outstanding achievement in sales; closed $2 million deal with Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Received Merit Award; recognized by Director of Convention Services for exceeding preset goals for four months in a row.
Landlord Resume Sample 12
- Supervised property, reviewed leases, coordinated inspections before signing new tenants.
- Scheduled landlord’s compliance with applicable laws.
- Assessed property for safety, quality, and continued use by new tenants.
- Managed property portfolio to ensure continued profitability through intelligent pricing, close monitoring of expenses, and effective delegation of responsibilities.
- Identified and resolved tenant conflicts to maintain a positive relationship with property owners and to guarantee continued occupancy.
Landlord Resume Sample 13
- Evaluated rental applications, communicated with tenant’s references, screened applicants, and investigated credit worthiness of potential renters.
- Maintained rental unit in a clean and presentable manner to ensure security deposit would be returned to the owner.
- Solved tenant problems quickly and accurately.
- Screened applicants for employment to maintain a high level of employee integrity.
- Inspected buildings to determine area improvements needed by management prior to leasing the space.
Landlord Resume Sample 14
- Efficiently attended to the cleanliness and maintenance of apartment buildings; maintained a positive relationship with tenants.
- Supported the needs of residents and property managers by addressing emergencies such as broken toilets, faulty refrigerators, and other issues.
- Distributed rental payments timely; ensured that monthly statements were accurate and mailed to all parties in a timely fashion.
- Recognized for consistently observing fire regulations and for maintaining a clean and sanitary living environment for residents and visitors alike.
- Achieved award for exceptional individual service; effectively communicated with residents regarding their concerns within the apartment complex.
Landlord Resume Sample 15
- Re-tenanted occupied premises; maintained occupancy and recognized improvements that cumulatively justified the substantial rent increase.
- Maintained contact with tenants and supervisory office.
- Coordinated with building maintenance for repairs and upkeep.
- Participated in tenant-landlord meetings to discuss issues, needs, and concerns.
- Actively involved in the local community association.
Landlord Resume Sample 16
- Recognized for creating a positive environment in living quarters rented out to an individual with special needs.
- Received Outstanding Performance Award.
- Recognized by management for providing an exemplary and positive environment for families living in motel rooms.
- Achieved award for increased profitability of motel and revenue of the facility.
- Proficient at handling daily operations of motel; recognized by management for early morning and late evening check-ins and check-outs, identifying customer concerns, and finding solutions while effectively resolving any disputes between tenants and staff members on a regular basis.
To become a landlord, one must own or purchase property, in addition to licensure in some states and cities. A landlord must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be a problem-solver, must be detail-oriented, must have excellent organizational skills, must be able to abide by safety standards and laws, and must have excellent business acumen.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.