An IT Contractor provides a technological service to a company to make sure their technology is up to date. Their duties include advising clients on current technology, making sure they are secure, assess any technical issues and come up with a solution, hire subcontractors if necessary, provide technical support by phone or in person, and establish procedures with clients.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Contractor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Contractor resumes for your reference.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 1
- Supported information technology infrastructure at a customer site by implementing and managing Microsoft Exchange server, Windows Server, and SharePoint.
- Troubleshot mainframe issues with end-users to assess resolution needs.
- Enhanced database environment at a large company through SQL scripting for advanced reporting of several hundred million dollars in annual revenues.
- Transformed self from technical support agent to architect for enterprise wide network optimization by developing customized network tool kit utilizing open-source tools as well as proprietary software.
- Implemented new standard processes to decrease time it took from business requirement analysis through delivery of results from over 100 engineers across the globe.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 2
- Successfully completed three multi-million-dollar IT projects; recognized with bonuses and a raise for excelling in project management and client relations.
- Collaborated effectively to deliver systems that greatly improved communications and efficiency across multiple offices in the Midwest region.
- Provided innovative ideas and solutions that provided customers with new opportunities to utilize cutting edge technologies; credited by Regional Sales Manager for outstanding customer service.
- Made effective use of available resources, which led to 20% increase in productivity among coworkers; recommended for award by Corporate Office Supervisor.
- Implemented changes in current methodologies, which resulted in significant reductions in resource costs while simultaneously meeting new standards for performance tracking.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 3
- Managed IT consultant recruiting, retention and billing activities for a wide range of international customers with the US Government.
- Contributed to an increase in customer satisfaction rating from 85% to 94% for a client’s call center through the redesign of processes, technology implementation and process management training.
- Designed a ground-breaking Web interface that increased productivity by 20%, decreased errors involving figures from 8% to 2%, resulting in a saving over $5 million over 5-years.
- Authored software specification documents used in multi-million dollar project awarded by Department of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
- Provided system design analysis and requirements definition services on several large information systems projects.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 4
- Designed and implemented a strategic enterprise-level computer backup solution across three sites.
- Troubleshot malfunction of new email server; constructed effective tools for application administrators to use in troubleshooting future malfunctions.
- Achieved 95% uptime on the new customer service portal despite external network attacks and internal hardware failure.
- Conducted audit of software platforms and databases, then submitted detailed recommendations on improvements and integration strategies that enhanced productivity by 22%.
- Quickly learned new technology, systems, and business models to ensure efficient performance during short duration of 3-6 month projects.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 5
- Designed, developed, and implemented new applications for companies’ online integration.
- Managed servers and networks to increase overall processing speed while reducing the number of required hardware components.
- Established a successful relationship with clients by immediately meeting their expectations.
- Implemented an enterprise-wide system that improved daily workflow through automation, single point of contact for all requests, and development of self-service application.
- Achieved 100 percent customer satisfaction ratings after developing a proactive plan on how to effectively work with each client’s needs.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 6
- Performed third-level tech support for full Fortune 500 company. Handled PC, server, and network issues; also supervised data migration to new servers.
- Improved desktop performance by 30% by recommending dashboard upgrade that led to increased productivity among end users.
- Simplified online forms after installing XML scripting engines; eliminated 90% of daily tech support calls.
- Assisted marketing department with multimedia technology during presentation at national trade show; increased sales numbers .5 million within six months.
- Spearheaded team project rollout across multi-sites in North America, saving organization over $18 million per year on telecom costs through a single platform implementation.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 7
- Built scripting solutions for business applications.
- Devised automated workflow procedures increasing productivity by 11%.
- Worked with top management and reviewed computer operating systems and software.
- Created customized help desk ticket system assisting users; free support for sixty five clients.
- Resolved computer-related problems through network analysis, hardware installation, and programming skill.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 8
- Progressed on-the-job learning, increased productivity through technical training on IT systems.
- Enhanced ability to research and analyze new technologies during development of a self managed IT system.
- Achieved certification as an IT Professional after completing the necessary requirements for the position.
- Promoted team effectiveness by strengthening processes that reduced time, improved quality, reduced duplication, eliminated rework.
- Provided leadership and mentorship to other employees; increased morale by organizing company-wide events.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 9
- Gathered requirements for computer systems by interviewing end-users and analysts; tested system design to ensure compatibility with existing software.
- Identified operational problems in the circuit card assembly testing process; resolved technical issues resulting in an increased productivity of 20%.
- Presented solutions to business problems at IT industry conferences, earning recognition as a subject matter expert.
- Implemented technology processes that reduced time required to complete daily tasks by 15% while increasing accuracy.
- Spearheaded development of new anti-piracy program protecting digital content from being illegally duplicated.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 10
- Developed and maintained the company Wiki for three years.
- Updated customer databases with attention to detail, ensuring that all records were up-to-date in the software program.
- Compared budget numbers versus profit margins to ensure profitability in each department; managed personnel; planned marketing strategies.
- Collected information relating to food product expiration dates, storage conditions, handling procedures, and marketing strategy at 400 retail outlets within 15 counties.
- Researched crop yields of domestic food crops; efficiently tracked average prices over time scales of 3 months to 5 years; presented proposals for maximizing profit margins on home grown produce.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 11
- Assisted in the development of daily monitoring reports for security audits.
- Designed, created, and executed test plans to ensure successful integration of new software into existing system architecture.
- Provided support for web-based applications on four servers.
- Managed technical issues throughout all phases of projects before, during, and after completion.
- Participated as an integral part of small team that traveled worldwide to ensure high availability of IT resources for global customer base.
IT Contractor Resume Sample 12
- Completed diagnostic tests to determine hardware, software, and connectivity problems on the server.
- Updated technical documents for updating system requirements of computer software applications.
- Assessed damage to equipment caused by water leakage; recommended measures needed to eliminate further risk of system malfunctioning.
- Contributed in the creation of a comprehensive inventory of all software programs utilized in our company’s daily operations.
- Concealed security breach that might have led to identity theft or unauthorized access into systems after discovering an unknown device attached to our company’s network cable.
To be considered for this position you will need a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or information systems. The skills needed for this position are strong computer skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, communication skills, stamina, and problem-solving capabilities.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.