An investment accountant manages a client’s personal and business investments. An investment accountant’s duties include assessing investment portfolios, taking records of investments, participating in audits, providing valuation materials, general ledger accounting management, and collaborating with clients and portfolio managers.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Investment Accountant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Investment Accountant resumes for your reference.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Worked with a partner to increase billable time by 30% in one year; management recognized for outstanding performance.
- Increased productivity by 15% as a team member, as well as decreased the number of errors made as a team member by 5%.
- Met revenue guidelines and exceeded productivity guidelines as part of a three-member team.
- Created an original spreadsheet that reduced redundancy and improved accuracy.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Achieved award for exceeding quality guidelines by making timely and accurate entries in the books and records of a community bank.
- Reviewed bank’s monthly reports from annual audit for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Achieved a 2.5 rating on customer satisfaction survey administered by a major national bank lending institution, which indicated that customers were very satisfied with their relationship with the bank.
- Achieved outstanding review rating from a major national bank lending institution, which indicated that customers were very satisfied with their relationship with the bank, particularly over the past year.
- Merged two separate accounting systems into one cohesive unit, preventing errors and allowing for prompt processing of important documents.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Boosted corporate earnings by implementing new accounting software; increased net income by $4 million; received thank you letter from the VP of Finance.
- Reviewed accrual changes, safeguards, and other financial ratio calculations to determine if company was experiencing financial trouble; found the company was experiencing operating difficulties and presented findings to senior management for corrective action.
- Prepared period closing reports; determined if assets were properly recorded on balance sheets; learned about insurance contract rules regarding valuation of cash surrender benefits derived from policies with small death benefit reserves.
- Verified figures for pending company stock transactions; prepared share purchase agreements and other documents to be signed by the company’s vice president of finance.
- Completed all tasks in a timely manner; provided financial statements and statements of cash flows on a quarterly basis; received company’s most outstanding employee award.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Achieved base salary incentive bonus of 5% for closing year end audit of client’s books.
- Obtained five year, four month bonus bonus for 2010/2011 fiscal year profit record.
- Awarded ranking as employee of the quarter for 2010/2011 fiscal year.
- Awarded ranking as employee of the quarter for 2009/2010 fiscal year.
- Awarded ranking as employee of the quarter for 2011/2012 fiscal year.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Clerked at a firm in New York City;
- Clerked at a firm in Atlanta, GA;
- Clerked at a firm in Salt Lake City, UT;
- Achieved award for meeting daily production goals; prepared files for audit and managed work flow.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and outstanding payments.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Identified and communicated errors in reporting; effectively outlined reporting errors and initiated the necessary steps to correct them.
- Provided accurate customer service oriented solutions to customers; effectively communicated solutions to customers’ inquiries.
- Awarded as a top ten customer service professional; recognized by top executives for providing outstanding customer service and related support.
- Met reporting deadlines accurately and on time; completed requests accurately and on time.
- Achieved award as an asset analysis specialist; contributed immensely toward the accomplishment of A/P, A/R, and A/M budgets.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Completed year-end accounting package; accurately calculated inventory amounts, COGS, and variance calculations.
- Responsible for daily activity of Deposit/Investment Documents; successfully presented to the Treasurer at monthly meeting.
- Excel / Word proficient; reconfigured charts and graphs to meet the needs of the company.
- Accounted for $50Million in assets; accepted position as Assistant Audit Manager at Great Lakes Credit Union.
- Prepared employee satisfaction survey for employee evaluations.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Became Apex Certified in Internal Audit, an international standard.
- Achieved the highest possible score on the first part of the certification exam.
- Defined processes to identify non-performing loans for portfolio lending.
- Analysized loan portfolios to identify loan categories for special focus monitoring.
- Identified deficiencies within loan programs that required improvement; coordinated remedial plans with relevant lending managers.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Reviewed and analyzed financial statements for an SEC listed company.
- Calculated measures of company profitability and compliance with financial reporting requirements.
- Aided in the preparation of annual audit report including management representation letter, independent accountant’s opinion, and related schedules; obtained sign-off from senior management.
- Assisted in the review and drafting of post closing journal entries; prepared quarterly reports for distribution to Senior Management.
- Performed bank reconciliations and performed research for various financial reporting issues; verified that securities were correctly valued under GAAP; prepared reports on vendor activity; researched issues pertaining to acquisition accounting and revenue recognition.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Achieved award for reviewing internal control procedures; effectively maintained records of all financial transactions.
- Earned recognition as the most productive employee for monthly reporting of all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Worked with International Division to reconcile first quarter operational budget for the first time; recognized by the Regional Division Controller for outstanding performance.
- Achieved award as team leader of over 100 employees; significantly contributed to the success of official company presentations by utilizing appropriate Microsoft PowerPoint designs and color schemes.
- Recognized at corporate Headquarters’ celebration banquet; instrumental in developing new AP automation processes that were quickly adopted by other departments within the company.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Effectively compiled financial information to enable budget revisions with minimal impact on the operation’s performance.
- Achieved award for outstanding productivity in adjusting stock transaction records.
- Proactively researched and resolved an accounting discrepancy involving a fund manager in accordance with company policy.
- Achieved recognition for accurate data entry in an effort to reduce the risk of errors and fraud by actively participating in internal audit programs.
- Earned exemplary quality award for inventory count accuracy; trained others on the proper procedures for counting inventory items.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Analyzed financial statements and operations of the company.
- Numerically tracked and accumulated invoices.
- Identified and initiated audit procedures for prospective clients to determine compliance with governing laws.
- Prepared summary financial statement for annual report; prepared analysis of analysis; created monthly analysis reports; written analysis report for monthly analysis report.
- Installed and maintained program to accurately track invoices, payables and receivables.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 13
- Performed cash receipts, disbursements, and journal entries for the executive’s office.
- Personally performed quarterly financial statements for a number of small businesses.
- Achieved excellence award in order entry; performed numerous tasks from opening new accounts to resolving discrepancies in billing.
- Met production goals while maintaining professionalism during a period of high employee turnover; demonstrated exceptional leadership and the ability to resolve the concerns of customers involved in substantial refunds and account adjustments.
- Received award for producing detailed and accurate work; generated reports that were used to set management policy for multi-million dollar corporation.
Investment Accountant Resume Sample 14
- Managed the account reconciliations of corporate securities held by customers on behalf of customers.
- Managed client accounts for client specific security issues, including the reallocation, transfer, trade date assignments, and dividend allocations.
- Managed client related trades and customer requested account updates.
- Developed and maintained a strong working relationship with associates and colleagues; actively participated in daily business issues and high level meetings to address business trends.
- Attended various meetings and training sessions to receive advanced understanding of the organizations’ strategy; contributed ideas to improve financial performance; participated in day-to-day management by attending employee meetings, planning brainstorming sessions, and participating in staff committees.
To become an investment accountant, at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is required, in addition to a CPA license. An investment accountant must have excellent business acumen, must be detail-oriented, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent mathematical skills, must be proficient with computers, must have excellent organizational skills, and must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Investment Accountant Resume Samples
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 13
- Investment Accountant Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up