An inventory auditor physically takes count of a store’s inventory and compares it to the computer inventory. An inventory auditor’s responsibilities include collaborating with store managers and district managers, determining shrink and sales, analyze variances and differences on audit reports, produce audit reports, accounting invoices from vendors, and preparing detailed reports.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Inventory Auditor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Inventory Auditor resumes for your reference.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 1
- Handled the most complex financial audits for major corporations in the U.S.
- Simplified processes for internal control and established a control baseline for internal audit.
- Developed a detailed report of an extensive, multi-year financial audit in a timely manner; effectively represented the internal audit team.
- Analyzed a complex set of financial statements with an international focus and reviewed applicable International Financial Reporting Standards in a detailed report in a timely manner.
- Analyzed complex data relating to corporate assets, liabilities, equities, and earnings with an international focus to determine whether evidence existed that contradicted management’s presentation of financial data in reports released to shareholders.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 2
- Inspected inventory for excess, deficiencies, and accuracy of receipts, discharges, and transfers.
- Investigated whether employees had falsified inventory records or exceeded their limits on receipts and discharges.
- Followed up on losses of inventory to ensure that they were reported correctly. Reviewed inventory records to determine loss amount and amount of discrepancy between reported and actual loss.
- Used the computerized accounting system to help track the level of inventory in buildings while ensuring that receipts and discharges matched reports.
- Developed procedures for completing the day-to-day audits, assisting in audit reviews by a supervisor, preparing audit reports, and preparing proposals for improvements.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 3
- Successfully audited financial reports, purchase orders, and work orders; corresponded with the CFO and VP of Operations about discrepancies.
- Aided in the implementation of a new inventory tracking system; composed data transfer sheets detailing titles, locations, and transaction codes of over 5,000 items.
- Recommended cost-saving measures for new machines; authored a paper describing machine acquisition and its potential impact on business growth.
- Selected as a team member to examine the company’s payment process; audited customer invoices.
- Facilitated audit of new branch finances; analyzed branch balance sheet for discrepancies; discussed financial results with branch manager and employees.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 4
- Audited the inventory count of the most valued customers in the Finance Department; allowed for a 3% variance, and processed invoices by hand and computer.
- Audited bank deposits and cash balance to ensure accuracy and detect unusual activity; reviewed monthly discrepancies to ensure that they were approved by management.
- Troubleshoot cash flow problems by finding missing invoices or timesheets; found $20,000 in unreferenced materials that brought the accounting department to an over $20,000 profit.
- Provided training for new hires about policies and procedures related to handling sensitive customer information; identified possible security issues before they become major problems.
- Received outstanding quality award for the second consecutive year; increased the efficiency of an understaffed department by over 25%.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 5
- Identified errors in inventory records; enabled the company to achieve its stated objectives for the year.
- Reviewed reports and preparing financial statements, which resulted in improved internal controls and quality control for assigned areas.
- Improved efficiency by evaluating current procedures; assisted with the development of new procedures.
- Achieved certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Provided leadership that facilitated the implementation of new technologies; enhanced processes, streamlined operations, and improved accuracy.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 6
- Recovered misappropriated funds through the audit of the contractor’s books, resulting in a 25% increase in profit from the previous year.
- Achieved record-level inventory accuracy by improving the counting process from 95% to 99.7% accuracy.
- Conducted a data integrity program that decreased client error rate by 85%.
- Trained 80 new employees within two weeks of hire on new employer’s Excel macros and established a new training course.
- Earned award for outstanding performance as a new hire trainer; trained 70 employees on company guidelines and work processes within 3 months of hire.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 7
- Assessed vendor’s financial control procedures to establish consistency with the banks’ guidelines.
- Was quickly able to detect discrepancies in financial statement preparation procedures which could result in material financial losses.
- Suggested additional items for the bank’s Annual Audit.
- Discovered that a vendor had started charging interest on overdue merchandise including merchandise that was being held for customers who had just applied for loans. The vendor had received no notice of default, however, was operating at full production capacity.
- Located inventory discrepancies totaling over $250,000.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 8
- Advised client regarding the applicability of industry standards affecting the client’s business.
- Trained Quality Control staff to accomplish project goals and meet deadlines.
- Identified and addressed disparities between purchase orders and cost accounting data by completing thorough audits of inventory levels.
- Provided guidance to less experienced auditors for seamless transition within the international subsidiaries.
- Awarded by Client as a core team member for a project that contributed to a major increase in operating profits.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 9
- Conducted monthly audits and reconciliations for contract, delivery, and purchase orders. Analyzed discrepancies and forwarded findings to appropriate personnel.
- Recognized as a valued employee by the organization for outstanding performance; Solved problems that resulted in lower budgets.
- Proven track record of integrity; Confirmed payroll, checks, reports, balance sheets on time. Confirmed year-end results. Confirmed bank statements with the bank’s internal audit department on a quarterly basis.
- Recognized by the organization for accurate audit work product output resulting in improved productivity, better pricing, or service levels to clients.
- Achieved award as a call monitoring Superstar. Effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to banks’ guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 10
- Founded new initiatives including reviews of inventory practices and policies, reviews of the effectiveness of accounting procedures, reviews of cost accounting procedures, reviews of controls procedures, reviews of data integrity procedures, reviews of customer service processes.
- Maintained forward planning for all inventory issues to improve the company’s profitability.
- Reviewed stock specifications with the department head to determine whether changes needed to be made.
- Reviewed annual review for inventory control improvements; recognized by Director for achievement in audit analysis; gained Superstar status in audit analysis; was awarded exceptional performance in audit analysis.
- Received outstanding quality award for excellence in audit analysis; gained Superstar status in audit analysis.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 11
- Achieved award for identification of missing inventory items at multiple stores; performing inventory counts twice a month at 4 different stores.
- Maintained 100% accuracy rating by identifying a defective product, packaging, or pricing errors.
- Highlighted problem areas through superior customer service and attention to detail.
- Provided exceptional data analysis to the management, thereby enabling the department to increase productivity by 50%.
- Received award for being responsible for proper inventory accounting.
Inventory Auditor Resume Sample 12
- Prepared year-end financial statements by conducting a fine inventory count, without error, within an unrealistic period of two weeks. Evaluated discrepancies and reported them accordingly.
- Obtained audit clearance on several accounts. Effectively processed transactions for several accounts by applying correct accounting principles to closing entries.
- Achieved award for zero errors during six months of the close process; caught errors that resulted in manual corrections before month-end processing.
- Earned appreciation as a part-time Accounting Supervisor based on the time spent preparing the department’s financial reports and maintaining proper record-keeping procedures.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data for preparing quarterly and annual financial statements.
To become an inventory auditor, a high school diploma is required. An inventory auditor must be detail-oriented, must be a problem solver, must be proficient in mathematics, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent time management skills, must have excellent communication skills, and must be analytical.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.