Inspectors protect properties and enforce safety protocols in a variety of environments including law enforcement and security. Duties include conducting security checks, monitoring alarms and surveillance cameras, controlling access for both employees and visitors, deterring any criminal or suspicious activity and identifying any potential threats, making enhancement recommendations to current security protocols, and responding to security violations.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Inspector Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Inspector resumes for your reference.
Inspector Resume Sample 1
- Provided physical security for large scale events, such as the City’s Annual Fourth of July Celebration and Festival.
- Utilized state-of-the-art closed circuit surveillance system to maintain a safe environment by monitoring activity across the festival site from a central location.
- Resolved multiple incidents involving intoxicated individuals including those who were involved in physical altercations.
- Promoted from Patrolman to First Class Sergeant after taking command of a 40 man police department unit and leading them through a criminal investigation spanning two states over an 18 month period. The arrest was made on 9/11/2001 – one day before another major incident occurred.
- Managed community policing program, leading over 100 volunteer officers and the community to reduce the crime rate by 40 % throughout a three county district.
Inspector Resume Sample 2
- Trained three deputies on conducting traffic stops, proper documentation of events, and building rapport with drivers.
- Succeeded in achieving the standard of excellence and demonstrated integrity while enforcing federal laws under hazardous circumstances.
- Trained two security guards to use firearms for self-defense and participated in their annual shooting qualifications.
- Assisted with planning and implementing new maneuvers such as roving patrols, routes, frequency of patrols, and deployment times.
- Gained original promotion by successfully passing required state law enforcement directives.
Inspector Resume Sample 3
- Served in a paramilitary role to monitor and protect United States-Canada border against illegal crossings.
- Trained civilian team members in inspection techniques to determine the origin of cargo, passengers, and equipment for cross-border travel.
- Received appreciation award from the Governor on behalf of employees on departmental level after achieving record breaking numbers in unlicensed driver interdiction on major highways.
- Recognized by the Commanding Officer for initiating over twenty new projects that increased department’s effectiveness by an estimated fifty percent or more. Work was later adopted agency-wide following successful initial testing period.
- Developed detection system allowing security officers to identify different types of mines based on vibrations, metal densities, unit weights, and sound.
Inspector Resume Sample 4
- Initiated the investigation of a major drug smuggling operation in New York City.
- Identified, analyzed, and reported site hazards, adhering to environmental safety procedures.
- Conducted comprehensive inspections of security posts for knowledge of military intelligence operations.
- Strategized operational strategies in preparation for potential terrorist attacks utilizing defense equipment.
- Assisted in tracking down suspects that lead to the apprehension by assisting police with setting up perimeter checkpoints along escape routes.
Inspector Resume Sample 5
- Handled over 150 incidents from domestic disturbance to felonious crimes with tact and professionalism.
- Achieved regional recognition for excellence in investigations by apprehending two serial arsonists in a neighboring county.
- Interpreted technical data, drafted reports based on physical evidence, and testified in court during a three year term of service.
- Responded to numerous life-threatening crises during company’s busiest 12 hour period; managed public relations effectively under the media’s scrutiny.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities at the site of airplane crash; safeguarded scene until FAA officials arrived for investigation and interpretation of debris field.
Inspector Resume Sample 6
- Identified and apprehended a suspect in a brutal assault after observing the subject from 100 yards away.
- Detected explosives, hidden cameras, and bugging devices before they could be installed at foreign diplomatic headquarters.
- Performed cordoning duties during Three Mile Island disaster; participated in arrest of two terrorists who attempted to sabotage reactor safety systems.
- Provided security for Presidential candidate during campaign stop; neutralized aggressive protester with swift application of pressure point technique.
- Prevented breach of nuclear plant security by armed group intent on stealing fissile material from containment chambers.
Inspector Resume Sample 7
- Assisted in maintaining a 70% conviction rate through thorough investigation and interrogation of suspects.
- Maintained a 95% accuracy rating when interpreting evidence, especially video evidence.
- Acted as interrogator for tactical missions to gain critical information from high-valued targets during counterinsurgency operations.
- Received Gold Medal of Merit from the Governor General of Canada for saving two men who fell through ice during blizzard conditions.
- Tracked down and apprehended three suspects who escaped from police custody, preventing possible deaths or injury to civilians in the process.
Inspector Resume Sample 8
- Monitored and recorded activities of newly released prisoners to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Performed functions as first line of defense for dignitaries by securing perimeter areas, patrolling assigned areas, and providing access control during public events.
- Resolved transportation issues between departments to increase effectiveness through direct communication among peers.
- Identified deficiencies at base level health club before official opening date; initiated corrective action with staff personnel to facilitate smooth transition prior to grand opening date.
- Detected deficiencies during quality assurance inspections of products shipped out of supply warehouse; identified location discrepancies that caused products not to be delivered on time.
Inspector Resume Sample 9
- Performed and documented surveillance in Northern Thailand and Cambodia.
- Trained soldiers to perform surveillance, counter-surveillance, and tactical photography; used night vision equipment on land and water.
- Completed training for marine distress communications; familiar with nautical charting procedures.
- Prepared mission profile briefs (MSRs); identified mission critical information for mobilization of forces within the USAF Special Operations Command (AFSOC).
- Awarded Air force Achievement Medal for meritorious service; keenly observed satellite imagery of suspect buildings during reconnaissance missions over Central Africa.
Inspector Resume Sample 10
- Search, seize, and confiscate drugs or other contraband.
- Used the power of observation to report incidents, apprehend suspects, identify evidence in criminal cases.
- Provided support for tactical operations during protests and riots within the city.
- Identified physical attributes from a distance utilizing practical training in surveillance detection methods.
- Performed traffic patrols on foot with a K-9 drug dog; discovered several illegal narcotics plants while verifying leads.
Inspector Resume Sample 11
- Certified as a police officer, certified to train new recruits.
- Recruited and trained 100+ officers under my command for Iraqi Police Force.
- Responsible for enforcing local & state laws, serving warrants and bodily process, conducting traffic control, performing security checks at vulnerable areas within the base camp.
- Handled several high security clearance level briefings from foreign diplomats and political figures from Washington D.C during an election campaign rally in Baghdad.
- In charge of physical security measures at U.S Embassy in Iraq; applied knowledge given by senior officials to institute enhanced measures given the current state of affairs .
This job generally requires a high school diploma or equivalent and sometimes requires a background check and experience with video surveillance technology. Inspectors must be comfortable with surveillance technology, are service oriented and active listeners, and possess a great attention to detail, social perceptiveness, excellent judgment and decision-making, and communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Inspector Resume Samples
- Wrap Up