A Heavy Duty Mechanic repairs and maintains large heavy-duty (over 5 tons) vehicles and equipment. Duties include performing preventative maintenance on highway equipment, repairing farm equipment, troubleshooting problems with excavators, diagnosing diesel engine issues, doing welding repairs, changing tires, reading equipment manuals, and maintaining electronic records.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Heavy Duty Mechanic resumes for your reference.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 1
- Wrote policies and procedures for cars that are in need of major repairs, including suspension work, transmission overhauls, front-end alignments, oil changes, tune-ups.
- Replaced tires on most American-made vehicles equipped with pneumatic tires.
- Organized safety meetings; participated in fire drills; instructed employees on preventative maintenance; received excellent marks from customers for exceptional service.
- Received outstanding quality award; completed customer satisfaction surveys and other surveys requested by FHA and loan officers to help ensure the satisfaction of customers.
- Recruited and trained staff to service customers in a friendly, caring, and professional manner.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 2
- Successfully diagnosed and repaired emergency brake problems for three different customers.
- Resolved discoloration of solder connections on the hydraulic system; completed connections within one hour of being dispatched.
- Identified and corrected engine malfunction; ordered replacement part and returned engine to running order within one day.
- Repaired fuel leak on fuel injection pump; successfully eliminated the strong odor which resulted from the leak.
- Repaired malfunctioning clutch unit; ordered replacement part and installed clutch unit within 24 hours of being dispatched.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 3
- Diagnosed and repaired a variety of customers’ machines.
- Ordered parts for customers from the warehouse.
- Outlined service manuals for customers to aid them in their repairs.
- Replaced components of broken machines, such as gears, belts, and idlers, to ensure that customers’ machines would run effectively.
- Resolved issues with old machinery; obtained new machinery for customers who were unable to afford the replacement parts.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 4
- Performed preventive maintenance on Dumpsters, Carts, Lift Trucks.
- Diagnosed and repaired operational breakdowns on forklifts.
- Diagnosed and repaired mechanical problems on lift trucks.
- Extracted correct drive belts for line trucks.
- Achieved outstanding quality award for mechanical work performed at manufacturing plant in less than 14 days.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 5
- Received outstanding sales award; covered two shifts with minimal downtime; performed routine maintenance work on large equipment; supervised 6 employees; provided excellent customer service during inspections.
- Achieved sales award for month-end special by selling vehicle accessories that typically sold for $200.
- Achieved sales award for month-end special by selling tires that typically sold for $400.; received the commendation of performance; was recognized at the monthly review of outstanding sales awards by the regional manager of new vehicle accessories and tires.
- Achieved top salesman in the region and top truck salesperson in the region, winning a variety of awards and customer appreciation ribbons.
- Awarded for safe operation; documented no customer or employee injuries during the year; received the award for excellent performance; recognized by the regional manager of new vehicle accessories and tires.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 6
- Served as a heavy-duty mechanic on a semi-tractor trailer, responsible for routine servicing.
- Installed diesel transmissions and replaced transmission stators.
- Researched and installed custom brackets so the truck would stay level while being driven.
- Paid close attention to detail when performing maintenance on trucks, using appropriate tools, and paying attention to warnings that save time and keep trucks working safely.
- Performed a recall on a front-end loader, preventing the engine from turning off while going back into a train car; repaired hydraulic problems with forklift & tractor-trailers, enabling the safe return of the load.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 7
- Performed preventative maintenance and repairs to critical systems; accurately identified and replaced defective parts; installed, tested, and certified as functional new inventory as needed.
- Invented maintenance procedure for productive tracking of consumable inventory.
- Recognized as the standard-bearer for a hot-shot mechanic by superior service department supervisor.
- Included best company-wide performance in all areas during a retirement incentive program.
- Developed setup sheet for quick identification of possible causes of equipment downtime.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 8
- Served as a heavy-duty mechanic; repaired all sorts of equipment. Completed warranty work on customer’s equipment.
- Performed maintenance on forklifts, cranes, trucks, and electrical generators for the Oil Field Service Company.
- Received outstanding preventive maintenance award for fast and effective response to requests for repairs or replacements.
- Acquired knowledge of oil field equipment; maintained efficient records on handbook setting up handbook templates for future reference.
- Received outstanding performance award; successfully completed the job under pressure and deadlines with little supervision.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 9
- Resolved an in-house customer complaint within 10 minutes in a court of law [Company Name] [year].
- Serviced [Company Name] [type of vehicle] according to [Company Name] procedure for [maintenance category].
- Analyzed malfunctioning engine and determined that there was insufficient oil in the oil pan. Replaced oil pan gasket and added oil.
- Located missing key to a vehicle owned by a company customer. Suggested fingerprint locking system for the future, to ensure the safety of customers’ vehicles.
- Performed repair to faulty air conditioning unit; suggested an upgrade for customer satisfaction based on the response from the superior during a performance review.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 10
- Performed maintenance upgrades on mainframe computer systems at the start-up of several high-volume data processing departments.
- Identified faulty Ford Engine parts and returned $125,000 worth of defective merchandise to Ford Motor Company.
- Recognized for exceeding annual revenue quota by 13% by identifying an opportunity to coordinate Aerospace Maintenance and Repair services with Aviation Maintenance training.
- Applied instructional techniques in the development of 7 employees; improvements lead to a 60% reduction in costs resulting from employee tardiness.
- Obtained spot promotion; increased sales by 60% on the first day.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 11
- Acknowledged for outstanding document creation; effectively prepared and formatted repair orders, invoices, and requests for authorization.
- Recognized for maintaining compliance to company safety guidelines; effectively monitored employees’ safety in the work area.
- Received award for staying well-informed of new products coming out in the industry; maintained expertise on emerging product technology.
- Recognized for being a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed customer concerns and needs while adhering to Banks’ guidelines regarding product authenticity, disclosure, and customer service.
- Accomplished award for meeting high standards of maintenance excellence based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 12
- Replaced over 60,000 rear axles in 2006 to 2006 model year trucks.
- Completed set of 7×12 sheets of sheet metal in 23 hours to meet daily production requirements.
- Moved 1,000 engine parts approximately 20 miles during a trip to perform maintenance on a transport trailer.
- Provided proof of timely and effective completion of daily tasks by resolving a variety of customer-related issues, including the writing of a recommendation letter for a potential customer.
- Installed 1,300 truck fenders in three weeks without incident to exceed productivity goals.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 13
- Troubleshot and repaired three large excavating shovels for heavy equipment manufacturing plant.
- Diagnosed and repaired an engine that was damaging pistons at a wastewater treatment facility.
- Installed and calibrated fluid metering devices at a large oil refinery.
- Identified the cause of high sulfur emissions from three problem boilers; subsequently saved the company $20,000 in repair costs.
- Adjusted feeder roll gap settings, increasing mill throughput by 5%; recognized by senior management as “Making the difference” team member.
A high school diploma is usually required for this position, plus 5 years of experience. Skills needed to be successful in this job are problem-solving skills, ability to take initiative, good communication skills, customer service skills, ability to lift 50#, ability to keep accurate records, and ability to stand for long periods.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Samples
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 1
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 2
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 3
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 4
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 5
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 6
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 7
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 8
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 9
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 10
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 11
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 12
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up