Fund administrators are responsible for servicing and managing funds either for individuals or organizations. Their duties include monitoring and managing fund accounting operations, working with auditors to carry out yearly financial audits, generating financial reports for management and client, preparing ad-hoc financial statements to directors, managing cash flows and expenses daily, calculating capital gain and preparing dividends on a monthly basis, and maintaining accurate records of all fund transactions.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Fund Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Fund Administrator resumes for your reference.
Fund Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Acted as liaison between managers, employees, and customers by developing effective communication strategies; increased customer service satisfaction through facilitating the resolution of employee concerns.
- Efficiently administered life insurance policies for six months by working 40 hours weekly; recognized for exceptional performance with promotion to full-time status.
- Effectively prepared financial statements for managers during month-end closing sessions; earned appreciation from all levels of management for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strategically developed new funding sources for bank acquisitions by researching various types of investments; ensured successful expansion statewide.
- Performed complex research related to investment options with minimal supervision while adhering to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Fund Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Achieved three consecutive years of perfect attendance while maintaining an average above 90%.
- Assisted the company in becoming one of the first auditors to meet FASAB (Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Board) requirements.
- Acted as department spokesperson; represented team at local, regional, and national conferences; contributed articles on fund accounting to professional journals.
- Updated training manuals for both new and experienced staff on all aspects of project financials.
- Attained certification for funds application specialist from Southern College of Technology in just 14 months.
Fund Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Determined the correct classification of accounts; corrected errors in balance sheet journal entries.
- Preformed account reconciliations for all areas of responsibility.
- Reconciled discrepancies between bank statements, general ledger and customer account balances.
- Maintained control over investment activity by reconciling portfolio valuation, reviewing trade confirmations, and monitoring reports; identified an unauthorized purchase shortly after implementation of expanded procedures to detect such activity.
- Reviewed documentation for allocation of annual gains or losses on investments sold during the year.
Fund Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Managed six user accounts, balancing daily receipts and disbursements, reconciling account statements, answering help desk calls, monitoring email queues.
- Served as a team leader for three additional customer service agents during the busy season.
- Resolved escalated billing issues on new accounts within five business days from initial call to resolution.
- Performed month-end closing activities including journal entries, reconciliations of general ledger accounts and sub-ledgers to appropriate subsidiary ledgers, reporting variances to management through written correspondence.
- Initiated standardization procedures on new accounts by drafting an Operations Manual detailing departmental policies and practices related to account application processing.
Fund Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Reconciled all fund accounts, including grant accounts, travel advances, petty cash and imprest funds.
- Prepared and submitted weekly and monthly reports of expenditures to the Managing Director and Finance Department and advised on budgetary and financial issues.
- Streamlined reconciliation process by implementing a new client software system; reduced reconciliation time from 5 – 7 days to 1 – 2 days per month of transactions.
- Collaborated with legal counsel during development of investment guidelines for $2 million charitable remainder unitrust.
- Presented ideas for revenue enhancements at meeting with executive leadership team; responsible for $180,000 in additional annual revenue after implementation.
Fund Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Enforced GAAP and SEC requirements during annual audits for various mutual funds.
- Compiled spreadsheets and reports on a timely basis, including disclosures under Regulation Fair Disclosure (Reg FD), to meet deadlines required by the SEC’s Government-Business Forum on Small Business Capital Formation.
- Resolved client inquiries; contributed ideas for workflow reorganization; designed new database; provided monthly and quarterly information as needed to produce special reports, such as tax rates and ratios.
- Provided relevant data to partners with minimal supervision in completing financial analyses of companies in merger/acquisition, liquidation/bankruptcy status, or those requiring restructurings.
- Conducted ad hoc project as requested by partners.
Fund Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Accounted for over $5 million in assets; accurately and efficiently executed the investment transactions of a hedge fund portfolio.
- Oversaw purchases and sales of securities, monitored financial markets, and reviewed daily activity reports to identify potential problems and opportunities.
- Pushed collaboration between departments by establishing standardized practices and improving communication to complete monthly accounting tasks on schedule.
- Assisted with feasibility study that contributed to company’s decision to expand into new market sector; enhanced growth plans resulting from research findings.
- Optimized procedures for tracking delinquent accounts receivables by identifying areas requiring improvement such as replacing manual system with electronic payment processing system.
Fund Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Manage a $7.3 million dollar account by completing required tasks and statutory filings with appropriate federal and state agencies in a timely manner.
- Investigate, examine, and analyze financial records; identify patterns of misused funds or illegal activities within fund accounts.
- Prepare internal audit reports for management’s review to ensure compliance with laws and regulations; design new procedures to improve internal controls when necessary.
- Bring awareness of the importance of proper recordkeeping to employees through presentations during staff meetings.
- Developed an automated tracking program which reduced our processing times from weeks to days without compromising accuracy or security; recognized by supervisor for superior performance
Fund Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Managed investments and disbursements for an endowment fund.
- Interfaced with the Federal Reserve to establish a new account.
- Identified key issues during audits of financial statements, recommended solutions, and presented audit results.
- Achieved excellence in managing research strategies; doubled revenue from $80 MM to $160MM within one year via increased asset management activity.
- Advanced budgets by 25% through improved forecasting and cash flow analysis leading to successful mergers/acquisitions without unexpected expenditures or disruptions in operations.
Fund Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Managed several projects and assumed the role of Fund Administrator for a $10 million portfolio; used in-depth knowledge of investments to provide exceptional customer service.
- Distinguished, with all organizational leaders, as most knowledgeable and helpful Recipient of honors and awards (see attached list).
- Awarded Employee of Year based on outstanding job performance, positive attitude, confidentiality practices, teamwork abilities, and contributions to organization.
- Recognized with 3 month salary bonus by President after successfully working closely with Board members to resolve client compliance issues in less than 2 months.
- Conducted training program regarding advancement in financial services industry; created awareness about new products and technologies available for fund management.
Fund Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Prepared and recorded expense reports and income statements, as well as monitored cash flow activity.
- Completed an audit of $200 million in construction to ensure compliance with loan requirements and the ability to monitor the financial status of loans to be transferred.
- Received excellent performance evaluation after completing a project to reclassify expenses from old accounting codes to new accounting codes.
- Dedicated 25+ hours annually outside scheduled work time for professional organizations, which helps promote personal growth as well as career advancement opportunities.
- Steered risk assessment research by establishing a methodical procedure that allowed managers to assess risks associated with company’s products and services; recognized by Senior Vice President of Finance for outstanding performance.
To work as a fund administrator, you need a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business. Fund administrators should have excellent numerical skills, have excellent writing skills, be a team player, have sound business knowledge, have an eye for details, have excellent numerical abilities and be organized to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Fund Administrator Resume Samples
- Fund Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Fund Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Fund Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Fund Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Fund Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Fund Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Fund Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Fund Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Fund Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Fund Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Fund Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up