Facility Directors are in charge of overseeing the maintenance of buildings and grounds for an organization. Their duties include managing landscaping, managing construction, and renovations, ordering facility supplies, supervising personnel, managing the repair budget, helping set up workstations, and communicating with contractors.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Facility Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Facility Director resumes for your reference.
Facility Director Resume Sample 1
- Participated in the maintenance of the entire facility, including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning repair, heating repair, equipment repair, oracles repair.
- Picked up and installed 300 pounds of rugs in less than one hour; recognized by the Facility Director for outstanding performance.
- Achieved award for managing a team of 3 technicians in less than one year; organized and coordinated workdays and assigned resources according to protocols for completion and quality assurance.
- Achieved award for producing $1 million or more in reimbursements without loss. Communicate with the insurance company to achieve desired results through referrals, billings, and repairs.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to projects.
Facility Director Resume Sample 2
- Informed supervisor of water leakage in the equipment room. Resolved the issue by replacing a section of piping.
- Installed a fire extinguisher in the laundry area for emergency use.
- Implemented maintenance procedures to ensure topside cleaning was consistently done in a timely manner before the facility opened, during lunch hour, and shortly after it closed.
- Identified molding that was coming apart from walls, removed it, and properly disposed of it according to the guidelines set forth by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Suggested to management that a carpet be purchased for use in waiting/receiving area to improve the appearance and reduce noise from people walking on hard floor.
Facility Director Resume Sample 3
- Recognized for completing the largest capital improvement project in company history for a new roof on a 40-year old building.
- Helped restructures the maintenance department to reduce the waiting time in scheduling recurring services and repairs by 50%.
- Implemented a training program that has improved daily work efficiency and quality.
- Recognized by the VP of Operations for facilitating a cross-functional, open forum regarding defect reporting and establishing a sense of teamwork with other departments.
- Restructured employee selection process to increase candidate pool from 85% to 100%.
Facility Director Resume Sample 4
- Recognized for outstanding quality in all service areas.
- Closed the largest single account in the company’s history.
- Led a team of five employees to achieve one of the highest call-in rates in the company’s history, while maintaining an average response time under two hours.
- Awarded customer appreciation for outstanding customer service while supervising maintenance functions at a large apartment complex, including maintenance and restoration of boilers, air conditioning units, electrical systems, and carpentry functions.
- Trained all employees within my department to perform their duties safely and efficiently; resulting in fewer injuries and job site damages while increasing productivity by 15%.
Facility Director Resume Sample 5
- Awarded “Company Employee of the Year” for promoting a positive work environment and ensuring a safe and healthy work setting for staff, patients, and visitors.
- Consistently promoted a culture of safety in the workplace; completed requests in a timely manner.
- Completed assigned projects in accordance with project management standards.
- Streamlined the reimbursement process by initiating employee requests for approval electronically, which allowed employees to view approvals in real-time.
- Initiated customer satisfaction surveys to gain feedback from patients about physician referral forms, the online appointment scheduling system, and any other questions or concerns they may have had.
Facility Director Resume Sample 6
- Exhibited superb leadership skills by developing a plan for a new building expansion, which raised the company’s profits and gained media attention.
- Chaired a committee to evaluate whether the company should enter into a partnership with another organization.
- Attracted media attention to my company when I developed a plan to increase customer traffic by 15% over the next five years; received corporate achievement award.
- Implemented an incentive program; received corporate award for outstanding success in solving customer complaints.
- Increased business profits by 30% through effective marketing techniques, including increasing awareness of the company’s services through television commercials.
Facility Director Resume Sample 7
- Preserved world-class condition of facilities under my supervision.
- Implemented procedures for critical maintenance – new construction, energy conservation, HVAC systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems. Identified priorities and implemented approved plans to reduce damage and downtime.
- Achieved award for completing 5 new projects without interruption during the past year; successfully completed all contracts on time and within budget.
- Maintained strong communication with customers; supervised facility sales representatives in the area of maintenance & repairs to meet client needs. Implemented procedures that significantly improved productivity while maintaining quality levels; received outstanding quality awards; awarded a monthly bonus of $500 for consistently meeting service levels.
- Achieved award for maintaining experienced staff; working with the Operations Manager to implement plans for appropriate staffing levels.
Facility Director Resume Sample 8
- Reduced cost of maintenance by 35% within first two years of employment, increasing productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Increased on-time arrival rate of the product by over 90% across four plants; promoted to Area Manager due to outstanding performance.
- Achieved employee satisfaction award; employee turnover rate fell by 25% within the first year of employment.
- Helped achieve net income of $5M through reallocation of resources; recognized at the corporate level for performance.
- Received outstanding budget oversight award; budget variance was less than 1%.
Facility Director Resume Sample 9
- Supervised and approved maintenance plan/hearing requests; recommended contractor/mechanic; effectively handled early morning and late afternoon alarms.
- Recognized for consistently meeting customer satisfaction guidelines; assessed and resolved safety issues, trained employees on safety procedures and procedures, and provided timely repair information to the engineering dept.
- Received award for outstanding quality from the field staff.
- Received outstanding quality from the field staff.
- Recognized for consistently meeting customer satisfaction guidelines; assessed, evaluated, and completed inspections as necessary to meet FHA & Fannie Mae guidelines as a part of a team endeavor.
Facility Director Resume Sample 10
- Developed a professional action plan to increase sales and encourage customer loyalty.
- Directed facility maintenance projects to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Eliminated waste from daily operations by implementing a monthly waste audit.
- Educated staff about property maintenance by attending property manager meetings and making recommendations for facility upgrades.
- Increased property values through marketing activities including leasing, building, and marketing property.
Facility Director Resume Sample 11
- Established employee activities, incentives, and recognition programs which resulted in employee satisfaction.
- Disciplined employees for unacceptable performance; provided assistance to employees to resolve problems leading to absences.
- Held highly effective meetings with direct reports; solicited subordinates’ input to plan for facility updates.
- Trained staff on necessary skills to perform required tasks; monitored staff progress toward required benchmarks.
- Convinced facility owners of the need for improvements related to safety, comfort, and productivity; negotiated with owners for space allocations and budgets.
Facility Director Resume Sample 12
- Interacted with the Facility Manager to review proposed repair reports; assigned repair work to appropriate employees.
- Gave accurate information regarding the status of repairs; conducted return on investment (ROI) analyses for proposed repair projects.
- Effectively communicated changes in the facility’s operations, including fire drills; established effective communication with contractors and vendors.
- Coordinated project schedules for maintenance and repair projects; effectively worked with outside providers to ensure timely completion of repairs.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to facility planning, engineering, and maintenance expense reports.
Facility Director Resume Sample 13
- Trained multiple employees on all aspects of the operation.
- Empowered employees to use their own judgment in the performance of their duties.
- Monitored time management for greater efficiency, improved communication among crew.
- Oversaw $100K+ in annual savings through increased productivity and reduced waste.
- Reorganized workflow to decrease overtime, boosted morale by encouraging suggestions and opinions.
Facility Director Resume Sample 14
- Installed and maintained all of the company’s new equipment.
- Handled daily routine maintenance of equipment, including but not limited to repairing, cleaning, and lubricating.
- Managed a professional maintenance staff to do regular maintenance on all of the company’s new equipment.
- Handled day-to-day inspection of the company’s facility following a standard inspection checklist.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to facility inspections and equipment repairs.
To work as a facility director, you must have at least a high school diploma, but some employers like to see a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Facilities Management. Facility Directors must demonstrate basic computer skills, project management skills, excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, strong leadership skills, customer service, and professionalism.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.