A Facilities Maintenance Manager is tasked with overseeing the maintenance operations at a manufacturing facility. Their duties are supervising maintenance operations, oversee maintenance budget, ensure that machines are up to standard, schedule maintenance activities, review maintenance logs, and oversee equipment supplies.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Facilities Maintenance Manager resumes for your reference.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 1
- Composed, orchestrated, and implemented a detailed Facility Maintenance Map for the college’s new campus in the north quadrant of the city.
- Reduced Facilities Department costs by 20% in my first full year of management through accurate estimates, lean inventory control, and effective scheduling.
- Overhauled campus lighting using only 25% of the original energy usage with new fluorescent fixtures.
- Actively communicated with students, faculty, and administrators to better understand their needs and concerns regarding Grounds & Maintenance activities on campus.
- Coordinated official functions such as graduation ceremonies spanning over three days without incident or complaint by building occupants.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 2
- Successfully performed all duties of Facilities Maintenance Manager for 4 month period of time.
- Improved building safety by replacing outdated smoke detectors.
- Restored peeling paint with chemical stripping techniques to protect against mold growth.
- Scheduled repairs including replacing ceiling tiles, broken windows, and damaged walls using industry-approved materials.
- Lead work crews to complete tasks in 100% of all cases, meeting customer satisfaction ratings of 98%.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 3
- Completed inspections, maintenance, and repairs at 40+ sites to maintenance standards.
- Communicated efficiently with over 100 people in the office, maintenance, office personnel, and co-workers.
- Developed excellent relationships with various levels of management within six months in both the city and state departments of government.
- Introduced new equipment into methodical training programs for youth in martial arts schools across two states.
- Evaluated an engineer’s proposal for a new building by giving constructive criticism on cost, utility, safety & security systems before final approval was granted.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 4
- Reduced vehicle repair expenses from $5,000/month to $3,200/month thanks to a preventive maintenance program I developed.
- Streamlined repair protocols for vehicles and owned the highest repair-truck speed in my regional fleet.
- Motivated staff to achieve 2,000 hours of overtime from July through October by awarding an extra 15% bonus for any work on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Achieved year-end budget after the first year of operation by maintaining an expense reduction of $400,000 for eight consecutive months (equivalent to 5% of total budget).
- Improved vehicle service response time by 20 minutes through reorganizing vehicle assignments for maximum flexibility.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 5
- Awarded the Maintenance & Repair Department’s Best Maintenance Technician award for two consecutive years.
- Ranked first in all divisions of entry-level candidates for Facility Maintenance Manager at the annual national Facility Management Association (FMA) exam.
- Served as a senior team member of an FMA committee for six years, focusing on standards, standards development, and standards review.
- Served as chair of an FMA Committee on Standardization and Participation.
- Developed a work plan to improve facilities maintenance throughout the organization.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 6
- I have been responsible for the daily maintenance and repair of a 53,000 square foot facility, including a unique large-scale obstacle course for youth.
- I drove over 8,000 miles to maintain, repair, and replace equipment that was designed by a national design team of experts using computerized technology.
- In the three years, I monitored the annual maintenance budget as well as customer response to safety programs.
- Built a loyal customer base of over 300 customers with an annual recurring benefit from those who consistently returned for more training.
- Helped to develop new learning practices for students by offering them virtual access to video and audio coverage through their mobile phones.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 7
- Effectively taught and administrated over 200 men, women, and children in professional career duties from operating, installing, maintaining, and repairing machinery, computers, generators, and other complex machinery.
- Restored a large country home to a ~800-year-old castle after completely reroofing it.
- Assembled a special machine shop to repair motorcycles for over 10 years while keeping the motorcycles running without human attention.
- Designed and built a complete machine shop from scratch consisting of lathes for machines that only sold 20% completed prior to my arrival.
- Mentored 500+ subordinates to produce 10-fold their normal output, improving service quality by 200% which resulted in $60,000 profit per year.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 8
- Handled schedules, assignments, and supervision of forty-two maintenance personnel while maintaining effective customer relations at a telephone company.
- Controlled labor supply and expenditures for capital project management.
- Coordinated the work of two production shifts while preventing both financial and labor costs from exceeding targets.
- Engineered inventory management procedures to reduce $30,000 in overages.
- Conducted weekly inspection tours to ensure work areas were clean and safe for customers and employees.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 9
- Aided in the growth of the Karate Club by building a fully stocked dojo for free use by club members.
- Facilitated over 500 hours of maintenance, installation, and repair work on building equipment under Karate Club oversight.
- Supervised general maintenance of the Karate Club’s two gym floors, changing room floors, and classrooms.
- Aided in re-decorating more than forty rooms furnished with chairs, mats, rugs, gear shelves, machines & equipment.
- Aided in setting up training facilities for more than fifty martial arts students while also supervising adult classes.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 10
- First company-owned computer training facility in the United States. Acquired various construction, construction management, labor relations, and other related skills.
- Diagnosed malfunctioning equipment and repaired it for life.
- Diagnosed technical problems with others’ work and helped to rectify any problems.
- The maintained crew of eight to ten employees by motivating them through the presentation of goals, responsibilities, and rewards.
- Completed all projects on time or ahead of schedule within budgeted budgets & schedule goals. Graduated West Point Institute of Technology after obtaining an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration (A.B.) with a 3.5 GPA at the University of Texas at Tyler.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 11
- Prevented employee injuries by ensuring gradual gradual familiarization of new machines.
- Widened access to fire-fighting equipment by creating secondary storage closets.
- Developed consistent budgeting for facility maintenance by tracking spending, quantifying costs, and analyzing trends.
- Expanded departmental skills and knowledge base by designing a training program for basic plumbing, carpentry, and electrical diagnostics.
- Elevated overall work performance by demonstrating a thorough knowledge of all jobs from custodial care to renovations.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 12
- Completed ten years of maintenance and repair during construction of an exclusive youth athletic facility.
- Overseen $500,000 in improvements including completion of state-of-the-art facility construction.
- Worked over 80 hours per week while completing extended work-trade projects to benefit others.
- Recognized for effective scheduling and time management skills while comparing ratios to industry standards.
- Fostered productive team spirit by promoting individual skill development while maintaining project schedules.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 13
- Trained over one thousand sanitation workers on aspects of machine safety, ground maintenance, and disposal practices.
- Resurfaced a total of 100,000 square meters on numerous beaches and highways by machine and hand.
- Installed a total of 120,000 square meters of artificial grass by hand for recreation areas to reduce wear and tear.
- Replaced 60,000 square meters of badly damaged sub-standard asphalt roads with the new 80-million-cycle-rated pavement by paving machine.
- Constructed 21 kilometers of drainage channels to divert excess water from lowland fields for increased crop yield by drilling equipment.
Facilities Maintenance Manager Resume Sample 14
- Led team responsible for environmental health and customer satisfaction.
- Trained employees to improve skills, ensure safety, and prevent accidents.
- Managed $100,000 annual expense budget.
- Supervised & managed 200 employees, two shifts of 20 men each, to set up roofing equipment, move 800 pre-fabricated I-beam walls & foundations into place, site concrete blocks for retaining walls, and construct new buildings at $1/ft to $3/ft cost savings.
- Effectively managed employee relations and customer satisfaction by ensuring compliance with safety standards and asking questions to clarify areas of misunderstanding. Enforced prevention programs regarding safety, fire, medical emergencies, and the control of mold.
To be considered for this position you will need a High School Diploma or equivalent, however, a bachelor’s degree in business administration is useful. The skills needed for this position are strong leadership skills, computer skills, organizational skills, a good understanding of maintenance procedures, strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, basic math skills, and stamina.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.