Excavator Operators are required to operate heavy equipment in the safest, most efficient way possible. Their duties include ensuring the functionality of the equipment, performing any required operator maintenance, implementing and following all safety guidelines, use heavy equipment to load or unload company equipment, completing all required documentation associated with equipment, and ensuring the cleanliness of all equipment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Excavator Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Excavator Operator resumes for your reference.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 1
- Acquired new skills in hydraulic excavation to build a warehouse foundation.
- Fielded numerous complaints on a construction project regarding the maintenance of construction equipment. Resolved the issues with minimal impact to project completion.
- Had an avid interest in learning and refining excavator operation techniques and skills, which allowed me to advance through the ranks of machinery operation.
- A managed successful business that was started in a recession economy, and grew exponentially per year during the performance.
- Exceeded job expectations by operating machinery effectively, efficiently, and safely to build various projects for customers across the state line.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 2
- Efficiently moved, delivered, and placed materials for the construction and demolition of at least 8 buildings.
- Achieved the largest limit of sacks filled per hour (80) without injury on site during a successful year; received an above-average raise.
- Received recognition award for consistently completing assigned tasks with excellence and meeting all project deadlines.
- Gained certification as Interlock Operator (endorsing my qualification to operate heavy machinery).
- Demonstrated the ability to work independently, with little supervision, after being promoted to Site Foreman.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 3
- Conveyed information to and managed a large crew of laborers and supervisors performing more than 10,000 excavations in underground utility lines, sewage pipes, storm-sewer lines, and other manhole covers.
- Provided hands-on training in proper operation of the loader/excavator; worked 10-12 hour shifts fifty weeks per year.
- Self-motivated; created job logs for subordinate crews; taught materials used in construction techniques.
- Defended himself from an assault using his excavator operator’s license as a weapon.
- Acquired a Gold Medal for the United States in World Excavator Championship.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 4
- Demonstrated leadership/management skills by utilizing proper safety precautions as an excavator operator.
- Scheduled in-house repair, maintenance, and replacement projects expeditiously while adhering to budget restrictions.
- Cross-trained on other work areas within the company’s operation such as job ordering, supply ordering, and materials handling.
- Acquired knowledge of excavation procedures and equipment used in various trades; communicated readily with fellow co-workers.
- Recognized by Divisional Supervisor for outstanding performance; achieved award for establishing a new record for digging a trench in less than three hours on company time.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 5
- Daily operated excavator to dig, move and spread materials in the form of earth, sand, gravel and asphalt.
- Assisted on large building projects such as hospitals, schools, apartment buildings and retail establishments; provided leadership to the crew with regards to safety and quality control.
- Increased efficiency by utilizing subcontractor services to complete jobs in less than half the time.
- Raised productivity by attaining a ratio of 6:1 (tons per hour) while maintaining highest standards with regards to safety, quality control, and customer satisfaction.
- Received a positive performance review from manager.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 6
- Accurately estimated and completed land development projects on time; maintained a safe work environment for workers and equipment.
- Concurrently coordinated multiple projects on a daily basis; effectively met daily production goals in accordance with the client’s budget.
- Recognized by the client for highest quality of workmanship on large-scale, commercial development project; reduced costs by expediting completion schedule.
- Accurately replaced/repaired damaged sidewalks, curbs, and driveways; ensured efficient delivery of materials to job site.
- Met all legal requirements pertaining to MSHA mining regulations.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 7
- Mobilized, broke ground, and dug trenches for foundations and underground water pipes.
- Installed pipes in buildings, houses, and commercial facilities.
- Removed structural debris from demolitions.
- Performed well over 200 commercial excavations using heavy equipment to remove large sidewalks, retaining walls, buildings; excavated manufacturing plants.
- Trained new personnel on proper operation of equipment.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 8
- Researched and trained for hire as a qualified excavator operator.
- Acquired records detailing ground and building conditions in project areas. Maintained equipment to specifications and performed additional duties when needed.
- Trained, supervised, and contracted employees in safe logging practices. Supervised several other experienced employees to safety standards while educating the newly hired teams on safety procedures and maintenance of equipment.
- Compiled experience in carpentry with work as a carpenter, mason’s apprentice, concrete finisher, plumber’s helper, stonemason apprentice, and steelworker.
- Helped other contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers with detailed records and calculations regarding site conditions.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 9
- Successfully completed 24-hour, 7-day/week, 6-month construction project by Aug. 25, 2000; approved for late pay rate on the spot.
- Called out to work on an open field; found my own worksite and installation site during the initial phase of the project; set up overhead cranes and lifted heavy monofilament rope in a timely manner.
- Engaged staff in planning and creative procurement when needed; provided technical assistance to contractors regarding subcontractors’ time schedules and equipment requirements for a large-scale construction project.
- Efficiently managed projects with little supervision through the attainment of high overall worker morale levels.
- Served as project manager and project owner through completion of an archeological site investigation, use of a laser scanning device, soil testing, and reconstruction plans.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 10
- Performed as an integral member of a large and diverse crew.
- Rode the crane, worked on the hammer, operated the back pack blower, and performed other duties as assigned.
- Determined the type and extent of repairs needed to be made for the installation or repair of a building or structure.
- Conducted site investigations and prepared reports or plans for owners or architects.
- Worked one week on demolition at county landfill. Worked another week excavating river bank for a new bridge to replace that had been destroyed by flooding. Designated safety zones around all drums using signs, red flags, cones, etc.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 11
- Covered and transported over two million cubic yards of earth and rock rock from the earth to the building sites in the shortest time possible.
- Operated heavy equipment safely while maintaining site safety guidelines and performing construction site operations.
- Achieved award for punctuality; worked 70 hours a week, earning additional hours by volunteering for overtime work.
- Earned award for personality/personality fit; participated in a leadership development program.
- Received award for mentoring; led work teams to exceed production goals.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 12
- Maintained equipment in a clean and serviceable condition.
- Trusted and complimented for timely, proficient work by upper management.
- Exceeded productivity standards as compared with others on the crew.
- Distinguished myself from peers with exemplary leadership skills; earned Training Operator position at age 29.
- Notified of Achievement Award for consistently demonstrating excellent performance and meeting or exceeding daily production goals throughout the company’s fiscal year.
Excavator Operator Resume Sample 13
- Operated heavy machinery in the construction of new homes and shopping centers.
- Maintained top safety record and met daily production goals; awarded Company Safety Award.
- Ran front-end loaders on large demolition jobs with excellent results; recognized by property owners as an asset in their construction projects.
- Exceeded company production standards with my loading bucket tractor; exceeded sales expectations by generating $10,500 in sales.
- Met production goals and maintained quality levels at company’s largest jobsite; recognized by company management for contributing to productivity gains of 20% over the prior year without sacrificing quality.
In order to work as an Excavator Operator you will need a high school diploma or equivalent, and you will earn certifications through experience. Excavator Operators must be hard working, be self-motivated, pay attention to detail, work well with others, possess communication skills, be able to handle heavy lifting, and be a problem-solver.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Excavator Operator Resume Samples
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 1
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 2
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 3
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 4
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 5
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 6
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 7
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 8
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 9
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 10
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 11
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 12
- Excavator Operator Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up