An event photographer takes photographs at special events, such as weddings, graduations, anniversaries, and parties. An event photographer’s duties include speaking with clients about what pictures they want captured, taking photographs during the event, composing shots, editing photos, ensuring the client is satisfied with the quality of the photos, and maintaining photography equipment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Event Photographer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Event Photographer resumes for your reference.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 1
- Practiced photographic techniques to produce over 3,000 photos capturing event attendees’ happiness and spirit.
- Developed portfolio including Black White (BW) and Color (C) work by capturing easily recognizable objects in motion.
- Applied creative skills to capture lively performances that may have otherwise gone unappreciated; effectively incorporated dramatic lighting, direction, composition, and color balance into each shot.
- Captured spontaneous candid moments of individuals who may not have consented or posed for photographs; developed unique perspectives through visual angles, subject intensity, use of blur effects, cropping, etc.
- Increased self-confidence after taking abstract subjects out of their comfort zone by directing models/actors into camera shots.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 2
- Captured professional quality images for a variety of events, including a high school prom and a charity fundraiser.
- Received award from local business organization for being the highest producing salesperson of the month.
- Restored customer’s confidence in email correspondence after accidentally deleting important information from an email to a major client.
- Organized thousands of digital photos into organized folders by event date, location, type of shots taken, etc.; effectively streamlined photo cataloging process.
- Provided timely service during one-hour power outage; even continued taking pictures that were currently being processed in order to meet emergency needs where no other cameras were available in stores or offices in town.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 3
- Provided first-rate event coverage for a wide range of high profile community events, sports activities, and exhibitions.
- Achieved professional recognition as one of the top three photographers from nearly 100 international applicants.
- Organized 500+ photographs daily during several day long events to ensure no angles or shots were missed.
- Received multiple awards for best photography in various categories at different levels; achieved promotion with photographer award.
- Presented 5 photo essay at local conference which won third place; recognized by local newspaper for excellence in photography.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 4
- Optimized exposure and minimized the potential for error with each shot; developed skill as a photographer by photographing weddings, social events, and performances weekly.
- Captured event participants in their best moments; captured photos of guests and clientele at every kind of public function (including concerts, performances, and parties).
- Ensured that all individuals were photographed according to an agreed upon focal point; arranged groups into creative poses for multiple events per week.
- Used photography skills to boost self-confidence through artistic exploration & personal development. Developed competence in picture-taking by working on assignments outside of work hours.
- Communicated ideas effectively through images, led viewers to draw conclusions within context.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 5
- Masterfully captured over 2000 hours of events.
- Empathized with celebrity clients’ need for privacy, understanding their sensitivity to flash photography during awards presentations, political rallies, and rock concerts.
- Skilled at capturing tender moments of human interest stories; emotionally engaging the audience through the magic of candid passion.
- Served as behind-the-scenes team member for Grammy Award winning artists while they taped special performances live on ABC television.
- Exposed celebrities in a whole new light while photographing Cirque du Soleil’s 20th Anniversary show under the big top at Madison Square Garden.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 6
- Spent ten years of active military service photographing/filming activities for Press, Public Affairs Office, and Military Units.
- Wrote captions for over 100 publications; edited captions with quality photos pertaining to sporting events, news stories, entertainment, public affairs programs, award ceremonies & more.
- Used my creative talents in the production of fifteen videos that won awards for excellence in multimedia journalism at state competitions.
- Produced a wide spectrum of stories by reporting on school board politics and community organization leadership via monthly newspaper writing assignments.
- Obtained best-in-class recognition as one of the finest military photographers for documenting historical events spanning my 21 year career.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 7
- Captured and processed 100’s of images for congress, concerts, and conventions; edited and submitted photos to publications.
- Contributed to greater audience awareness while maintaining ethical respect for participants while filming live interviews with protesters in the national capitol area.
- Awarded for excellence after covering 4 newsworthy events including a presidential inauguration parade, two elections, and one roll call vote on capitol hill.
- Provided technical assistance during 4 summer internships at media agencies that included assisting photographers during assigned assignments at press conferences.
- Received an opportunity to photograph President Barack Obama during his trip to the National Scout Jamboree where I produced over 50 photographs published by The Associated and Reuters.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 8
- Captured, edited, and produced over 300 event photography packages for customers.
- Oversaw production of photographs for clients including Time Warner and the Philadelphia Zoo.
- Designed and printed postcards for local businesses to increase return on investment.
- Streamlined photo-processing procedures by implementing automated workflow management systems; increased productivity by 20%.
- Pioneered advancement in technology with an online photo database that provides real-time pricing; revolutionized sales process.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 9
- Promoted and marketed services of event photography company at tradeshows and seminars.
- Enhanced portfolio with images from clients’ events and public relations opportunities, including local civic events and corporate functions.
- Identified and responded to emerging market trends to facilitate the development of marketing plans that led to increased revenue for the company.
- Pioneered new software integration into existing website that significantly improved search engine optimization while reducing reliance on third-party hosting companies.
- Commissioned by FedEx Office headquarters in Ohio to photograph conference room used during negotiations between FedEx Corporation executives, union leaders, and other stakeholders.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 10
- Captured images of all types of events, including concerts, car shows, sporting events, and festivals.
- Earned a standing ovation from guests at a wedding reception for my photographic skills during the event.
- Formalized a business partnership to start a commercial photography studio with a colleague after completing our first paid photo shoot.
- Photographed a mother giving birth in order to capture memories of an incredible life-changing moment.
- Successfully photographed more than 200 people during an outdoor concert event; received praise from attendees on how quickly I could get quality shots after their requests had been fulfilled.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 11
- Delivered 100% customer satisfaction by capturing shots for promotions, events, and weddings.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality of service; captured portraits on set at one music video shoot.
- Received letter of recommendation from the Head of Marketing for consistently positive customer feedback, high-quality portfolio, and punctual arrival on assignments.
- Completed on-time delivery on all three photojournalism projects, including two 10-page spreads in a state magazine with photographs taken within minutes or hours of event time frame.
- Inspired co-worker to double his productivity after he was promoted to assistant photographer thanks to tips I had given him regarding lighting techniques.
Event Photographer Resume Sample 12
- Took candid photos of celebrity appearances at local events.
- Captured images of the Hollywood elite in action for various press outlets.
- Managed photo shoots, including lighting and retouching, while working independently and within a team environment.
- Collaborated with marketing teams to determine optimal product placement and photo angles for feature marketing uses.
- Employed creative vision to produce compelling content that captured the personality and style of each client or subject matter.
To become an event photographer, there are no official requirements, although it is preferable to have a decorated portfolio. An event photographer must have attention to detail, knowledge about photography, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, digital imaging skills, computer skills, and knowledge of technology.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.