Engineering Teachers are responsible for instructing students in their chosen subject area using the appropriate learning methods. Engineering Teachers must develop educational content, present subject material to students, plan activities and assignments to test student knowledge, assess student understanding of subject area, help students improve their learning experience, and follow all local, state, and federal education guidelines.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Engineering Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Engineering Teacher resumes for your reference.
Engineering Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Update Curriculum, created new engineering lab.
- Excel in the classroom; reduced average student absences by 50% through individualized instruction & group support.
- Challenge students to reach their potentials. The results were higher than ever before on standardized tests and course evaluations.
- Reduce number of discipline problems by teaching self-discipline skills with hands-on experiences during JTE professional development training courses.
- Create an Engineering Club using LEGO’s for this diverse community high school; earn team award at regional competition two years running after forming effective club management teams each year.
Engineering Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Coached and mentored students to advance physical understanding of math and science concepts by utilizing innovative strategies.
- Improved student morale and test scores through class incentives program, including rigorous study schedules and after-school tutoring.
- Prepped numerous students for collegiate engineering programs, such as US Air Force Academy, University of Alaska at Fairbanks, Louisiana State University, Rice University in Houston, Texas A&M in College Station, Pennsylvania State University in College Park.
- Introduced the Business Plan Competency course to teach students how to successfully form and maintain business ventures in a global economy using 3D animation software.
- Received National Board of Professional Standards certification in Information Technology Education; successfully led teams of student competitors in building autonomous vehicles for international robotic competitions.
Engineering Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Identified and corrected student misconceptions through innovative classroom techniques.
- Developed curriculums to better prepare students for algebra assessment exam.
- Instructed children with exceptional needs in regular classes. Received “Exceptional Needs Teacher of the Year” award.
- Tutored algebra students on a one-to-one basis while continuing regular classwork; tutoring enabled three students to pass college placement exams, two to pass the high school exit exam, and one to graduate from college early with honors.
- Achieved 100% passing rate on licensure examination after creating self-study guidebooks for review sessions preceding the test date.
Engineering Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Established a student chapter of the High School Engineering Teacher Association where students learned valuable leadership skills and self-confidence.
- Presented an engineering education workshop at a state conference, resulting in affirmation as an outstanding educator within the profession.
- Collected over $250 dollars from parents for engineering test review classes recognizing student success.
- Tutored students who struggled with math during summer term leading to identification as “teacher you wish you had all year” by a sophomore girl.
- Introduced new technology into classroom integrating laptops, multi-media projectors, and SMART Boards – improving student engagement and quality of lesson delivery – earning national recognition district administration for being on the cutting edge of technology integration.
Engineering Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Designed and fabricated toys and tools with children to introduce elementary students into engineering concepts.
- Effectively enhanced the vocabulary, comprehension, and communication of lower level high school students through live interactive demonstration projects on science concepts such as friction.
- Covered pertinent topics in introductory math courses such as algebraic equations, polynomial expressions, inverse square laws for electric fields, and the formula p = nRT for ideal gases.
- Conceptualized and developed new methods to teach complex theoretical mathematics skills by constructing easy to understand visual aids like spider graphs and flow charts; validated hypotheses of “less is more” using student comprehension factors.
- Produced a curriculum manual that has been reviewed by students as a tool that requires little prior knowledge and leads to less class time being spent on trivial matters for students of different learning capacities.
Engineering Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Taught Pre-Calculus, Calculus I & II, Engineering Math I & II, Differential Equations, Fundamental of Engineering for fourteen straight years.
- Helped over 250 students to successfully pass the Math Regents exam in Algebra I and Geometry.
- Wrote three courses on “Introduction to Engineering”, “Engineering Problem Solving”, and “Mechanical Drawing” published by McGraw Hill Publishers that are taught at High Schools / Colleges across New York State.
- Improved grades for ELA students from 62% to 85% after teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) during 2009 – 2010 school year; recognized by Principal with Outstanding Service Award.
- Motivated students to participate in over 200 hours of community service through the National Honor Society.
Engineering Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Assisted students with understanding grading practices.
- Guided student projects to completion through direction and advice on current engineering/technical standards.
- Developed curriculum for middle school, high school, and college levels; designed course content based on industry changes.
- Received the state’s top award for outstanding teaching; given by three governors during their term of office.
- Increased interest in science, technology, engineering & mathematics (STEM) fields by 100% within school district.
Engineering Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Wrote and published a K-12 Engineering Curriculum.
- Developed 3-Dimensional models for STEM education, including producing CAD drawings from technical manuals, blueprints, and product diagrams.
- Delivered unique and motivating lessons while maintaining discipline over 28 students in lab and classroom settings.
- Supported peer-level engineering projects by providing assistance with design, modeling, and prototype construction; accelerated learning was recognized during project evaluation after student presentations.
- Introduced new hands-on methodologies to complex math concepts such as geometry; significantly reduced time spent on problem solving while elevating mathematical expertise among high school students.
Engineering Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Successfully instructed pupils in drafting and engineering; using real-world industry practices.
- Designed course curricula, taught labs, provided live demonstrations for high school students to create a foundation of math, science, and technology preparation for college.
- Developed cross-curricular instructional units that engaged students in inquiry based learning pathways to prepare them for future study in science related fields.
- Received award for reviewing student’s diagrams within live environments so they could complete an online quiz successfully.
- Educated new teachers on the best methods to teach math while integrating current technology tools so their classes were safe while engaging disengaged minds.
Engineering Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Developed key strategies for teaching AP Calculus, a Level II math course.
- Teamed with Science and Math faculty to develop new courses in engineering technology.
- Revamped the department’s Physics curriculum from lecture-based learning to inquiry-based learning, allowing conceptual understanding of mathematical applications.
- Served as Head Teacher for various lab science courses including Chemistry and Physics for over four years.
- Presented “Taking the Classroom Online” at 2007 Technology Conference; introduced innovative concepts to faculty after researching latest technological advances in education.
Engineering Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Supervised and tutored students, maintained classroom discipline and student performance records.
- Developed a project-based learning program that increased student motivation, interest in technical subjects, and academic achievement.
- Provided tutorials for children to describe the advantages of using alternative energy sources such as solar power.
- Initiated after school instructor led mentoring programs to teach chess, robotics, visual arts, music appreciation, cooking skills to elementary age children.
- Contributed knowledge through presentations at conferences on topics focusing on educating with technological innovation including wireless technologies in the classroom environment.
Engineering Teachers require at least Bachelor’s Degrees in both education and engineering as well as a valid teaching license. They must also be skilled in engineering, communicating, organizing, problem-solving, adapting, managing, instructing, and interacting with students.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.