The Crane Operator is responsible for operating a mobile crane to position and reposition loads. Their duties include operating different types of cranes, setting up cranes for operation, performing routine maintenance, following safety standards, unloading cranes at the job site, and properly barricading the counterweight.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Crane Operator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Crane Operator resumes for your reference.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 1
- Helped maintain 17+ cranes as a repair supervisor.
- Maintained Crane Services Agreement with Oil & Gas company which included inspections of all cranes, maintenance plan, and annual safety check.
- Performed regular scheduled Crane Operations Inspections; conducted safety inspections, repaired or replaced cracked and worn out components, calibrated elevators and cantilever systems. Maintained records of all inspection activities required by FHA guidelines.
- Received award for number of late-hour crane inspections completed during the year (80).
- Received award for number of late night crane service calls completed during the year (105).
Crane Operator Resume Sample 2
- Reduced the amount of material used to repair roofs. Designed and constructed an alternative roof repair that saved the city $2,000 in material costs over a year.
- Developed an innovative method for dismantling old metal buildings that were unsafe for habitation which decreased the demolition time by 50% and savings the city $3,500.
- Achieved award for being on-time every day with no tardiness; received employee of the year award from my supervisor for excellent work performance.
- Recognized employee of the month for actively participating in environmental cleanup projects in our community; received a commendation from mayor after assisting victim from 2nd floor during a fire.
- Awarded for saving $1,000 by purchasing a critical piece of machinery for only $300.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 3
- Recognized for achieving the highest production levels.
- Awarded for safely lifting objects as heavy as 31 tons in just one shift.
- Named a crew leader of the month due to my excellence in maintenance and repair.
- Received an award for helping fellow employees with their daily tasks.
- Received an award for maintaining a flawless safety record and making fewer mistakes than all other employees (FY08-09).
Crane Operator Resume Sample 4
- Ensured that operators were meeting standards and expectations for position.
- Performed installation of equipment and accessory on both cranes and lifts.
- Determined needs for repairs, recommendations for repairs, inspected, repaired and installed systems or components.
- Maintained a class-A license as Crane Operator; ensured that all safety requirements were met; ensured compliance with all regulations and guidelines as a part of the field service team.
- Trained new operators; ensured all training was completed and documented.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 5
- Adhered to crane, hoist, and rigging manufacturer’s requirements when inspecting equipment prior to use, as well as maintained scheduled maintenance on crane and rigging components.
- Oversaw construction project by ensuring crane is installed in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Met all deadlines for removing, installing, and performing maintenance on cranes.
- Attained recognition for exceeding the region’s safety metrics for the month of January.
- Received award for participating in a work zone accident-free program since September 2014.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 6
- Monitored crane activity and ensured safe work practices by conducting weekly safety meetings; successfully reduced missed days due to accidents.
- Highly recommended by the sales manager for initiative when I executed the office move without assistance; documented all items, arranged furniture and equipment, ensured accurate inventory and conducted after-hours move.
- Recognized for prompt response to customer concerns regarding contaminated water, successfully completed a priority level 1 action plan to resolve the problem immediately.
- Directed crane hoisting operations to ensure efficient project completion; execute over 15,000 hours with zero accidents or citations.
- Successfully executed the largest crane move in company history while ensuring minimal disruption of operations.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 7
- Troubleshot quadripod crane’s electrical problems; replaced faulty steering unit for track handler with defective encoder.
- Diagnosed and replaced the gear box in a Straddle Carrier. Installed a new hydraulic pump on a truck mounted generator.
- Trouble-shooting 8-wheeled boom truck, replaced four hydraulic cylinders and re-certified the crane with OSHA/TAC/OIML standards.
- Tore down and rebuilt an E60 crane; rewrote controller code book to avoid future shutdowns.
- Overhauled Caterpillar diesel generator on a 3,500-ton crane; achieved zero time down time at peak operating speed.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 8
- Completed crane operator course of study in 42 weeks, on time and under budget; demonstrated exceptional leadership abilities while at the same time completing course work.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance during week two of training.
- Maintained a satisfactory performance during week four of training despite suffering a broken leg mid-week; completed the week with assistance from classmates and the instructor.
- Received certificate of achievement for completing the rigorous course requirements within 4 years.
- Acknowledged as a dedicated crew member with an exemplary work ethic; recommended by class instructor as leading candidate for “Best All-Around” award at graduation ceremony.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 9
- Ran crane to install new doors, siding, and windows on a new warehouse facility. Installed retractable door on the front of the facility; effectively handled several sticky situations with moving vehicles.
- Assessed damage after a fire in a building that contained volatile oils. Secured the area and used proper procedures to ensure safe removal of debris from the site.
- Placed ladders at each window on the 10-story construction project to save time and money by properly maintaining the building site.
- Used ladder to test rain gutters for proper drainage during installation of fire sprinklers in homes under construction.
- Used a ladder to check out extension cords from the ground level, installing them into the attic of the warehouse.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 10
- Troubleshot and repaired the electrical distribution board for the main boiler feed pump.
- Operated a mobile crane and positioned a new boiler on site.
- Installed metal expansion radiators to interior walls throughout the building by employing a mobile crane.
- Assisted the General Contractor with heavy equipment transportation and relocation.
- Successfully navigated through severe weather conditions to deliver a large mobile crane to the project site in 23-foot seas and winds in excess of 30 knots.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 11
- Achieved award for fastest repair job; repaired the crane which was down for only 2 hours.
- Recognized for outstanding performance during the most recent project involving the West Coast of Florida.
- Awarded a bonus for maximum production.
- Re-designed and implemented a more efficient way of working (time/cost savings).
- Awarded mini-bid for a job with major contract and considered for the mini-bid on a second job.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 12
- Held certification from Crane Manufacturers Association.
- Led team of 4 personnel and turned around a project in only 8 working days to meet targeted deadline.
- Improved utilization, quality and output by 20% through the use of new crane parts.
- Trained employees on new equipment and procedure; received recognition award at annual plant meeting.
- Enthusiastically participated in a variety of maintenance projects; consistently demonstrated commitment to safety and customer service, while on time performance increased by up to 12%.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 13
- Successfully removed, inspected, repaired and refinished many heavy duty cranes.
- Replaced worn out crane parts.
- Ensured the safety of employees, customers and aircraft during general maintenance and repair operations.
- Received safety award for crane inspection on site; found that a faulty control system was the cause of a malfunction.
- Received award for Crane Operator of the Month for May 2013; made 24 successful overhauls in the month. Made more than 13 outstandingly accurate wrench turns in 24 hours which is an average of 16 wrench turns per hour.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 14
- Lead a crew to restore order and minimize negative impact to residents during hurricane.
- Demolished buildings destroyed by fire, including the landmark building on Main street.
- Built or repaired damaged structures for homeowners; restored order during a flood.
- Provided quality service to the community through community outreach programs.
- Recognized with top customer feedback score in customer satisfaction survey from the CEO of Acme Corporation.
Crane Operator Resume Sample 15
- Monitored crane performance for safety and reliability; operated crane safely to accomplish the job at hand.
- Maintained crane maintenance logs at all sites; performed operations according to company maintenance and repair guidelines.
- Developed and implemented a plan of action to resolve a clutch problem with a forklift.
- Performed tow lift, turning and jacking tasks in accordance with safety regulations, specifically as it applied to crane operation.
- Effectively communicated with customers on operation of our equipment as it related to safety standards and in accordance with maintenance guidelines. In addition, demonstrated proficient skills in analyzing customer questions and researching solutions.
To work as a crane operator, you must obtain a state crane operator certification. Crane operators must be knowledgeable about OSHA regulations, must be eighteen or older, be drug free, have good oral and written communication skills, be willing and able to work in extreme conditions, work in confined spaces, and adhere to company policies and procedures to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.