Corporate counsels are responsible for advising businesses and organizations on legal matters. Their main duties include drafting legal documents for the organization, conducting legal research, ensuring the organization is complacent with legal laws, providing legal guidance, keeping up with changes in corporate law and explaining legal laws to organization’s staff.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Corporate Counsel Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Corporate Counsel resumes for your reference.
Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 1
- Managed the distribution of dividends and authorized disbursements for over $50MM in shareholder distributions.
- Handled multiple payment tranches, totaling over $5MM, including legal review of all bills and invoices; improved company cash position by reducing accounts receivable aging.
- Resolved several claims under Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA) with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), which saved bank fines and litigation costs while maintaining good standing on regulatory compliance.
- Negotiated corporate purchase agreement for new offices to consolidate operations while expanding space threefold at 25% cost reduction.
- Spearheaded negotiations to resolve contract dispute valued at 1MM+. Collectively bargained for multiple revisions to commercial and residential leases in order to streamline company days payable outstanding (DPO), saving over $250K in debtor days.
Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 2
- Negotiated commercial contracts with companies to provide healthcare, financial and telecommunications services.
- Analysed legal documents for accuracy and compliance with company policy.
- Assisted in the preparation of legal documents to build a business partnership between two companies leading to an increase in profits, reach, and operating areas.
- Saved employers 48 hours by revising standard contracts that met all needed specifications before forwarding for signatures.
- Successfully settled contract disputes using negotiation skills to resolve differences between parties without resorting to litigation.
Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 3
- Drafted and negotiated contracts for the purchase of a mid-sized company.
- Wrote document on cross-jurisdictional enforcement of judgments to be presented at international conference on transnational litigation.
- Won major trial against a global telecommunications firm by successfully advocating for plaintiff’s interests despite overwhelming disadvantages.
- Strategically advised first-year associate who investigated and successfully prosecuted a first in Illinois state history case for unlawful detainment of an individual during an unofficial interrogation, resulting in jury award of $1,000,000.00.
- Secured multi-million dollar verdict as lead attorney during class action lawsuit against telecom provider accused of fabricating evidence as part of larger conspiracy.
Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 4
- Authored over thirty-five new provisions for company’s health care insurance.
- Established new standards in industry with the creation of the first comprehensive outsourced document assembly system for construction contracts.
- Implemented major revisions to legal actions against medical providers, which mitigated liability costs by $300 million annually.
- Proven ability to deliver value after streamlining company’s business processes for 15% cost savings and 20% productivity increase.
- Launched internal investigation team resulting in the removal of three corrupt managers; restored trust at all levels of organization.
Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 5
- Handled approximately $15,000,000 in construction loan agreements and re-financing of commercial property.
- Selected for Law Firm’s Diversity Committee.
- Recognized by peers for encouragement of new attorneys to take on challenging cases; recognized by the firm as Top Rated Lawyer for Litigation/Labor & Employment in 2014.
- Managed all aspects of major employment litigation including discovery, depositions, pleadings, trial preparation, settlement negotiations with opposing counsels and mediators.
- Headed corporate legal team responsible for development deal activities; conducted due diligence; drafted acquisition documents; negotiated transition services agreement (TSA).
Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 6
- Performed legal research, drafted memos and pleadings.
- Provided advice with respect to federal trademark law in United States.
- Reviewed documents for compliance with antitrust laws.
- Drafted contracts related to sales of securities, acquisitions of assets, commercial leases, and business transactions/disputes.
- Investigated insurance coverage issues relating to adverse employment decisions made by an employer.
Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 7
- Strategically advised CEO on his new position as director of a private country club.
- Diligently coached paralegal staff to provide better service to clients, while improving monthly billing figures by 21%.
- Introduced electronic document management system resulting in streamlined work flow and increased office productivity.
- Actively managed incoming caseload for leading energy company; established efficient methods for processing large numbers of legal documents within given time constraints.
- Hosted membership luncheon during annual meeting at the Chamber of Commerce, greatly increasing membership with local business owners.
Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 8
- Negotiated multiple contracts for commercial transactions with the assistance of counterparts to resolve discrepancies between parties’ interests.
- Identified legal issues, reviewed terms and conditions, prepared documents, and delivered closing remarks at three successful real estate closings.
- Prepped senior officials for congressional testimony, edited numerous public remarks on current events, subpoenas, criminal investigations.
- Recovered lost or misplaced data from servers in response to several service requests to ensure availability of vital information.
- Reviewed contract proposals submitted by external counsel for sales representatives/customers to protect company’s rights during negotiations to finalize agreements.
Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 9
- Translated client business objectives into legal strategies and executed those strategies via drafting memos, briefs, contracts, and licenses.
- Advised clients on regulatory compliance to reduce exposure to financial liabilities.
- Drafted a contract for a high-profile digital music service by which a major record label was awarded exclusive rights to a new release by the hottest musical artist of the year.
- Implemented corporate restructuring project that increased transparency and “trickle-down” accountability throughout the company’s manufacturing chain from Mexico to Canada, avoiding costly litigation down the road.
- Negotiated two multi-million dollar licensing deals with international producers for one of America’s premier fashion designers; ensured long-term stability of the company.
Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 10
- Drafted, reviewed, negotiated, and implemented contracts for over 100 transactions with value ranging in the millions of dollars.
- Wrote, reviewed, revised, and published multiple editions of corporate by-laws. Oversaw budgets in excess of $100 million.
- Acts as liaison between corporate legal departments and business units which include customer service operations and warehousing facilities throughout North America.
- Implemented new software to enhance compliance functions; increased efficiency while safeguarding confidential data from unauthorized access.
- Pioneered implementation of company’s first call center facilitating compliance functions for public companies across all 50 states within budgeted standards.
Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 11
- Drafted a variety of standard forms and agreements for both in-house and outside counsel.
- Supervised the preparation of numerous financial statements, filings with the SEC, registration statements, proxy materials, merger documents, and closing packages for public company clients.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar settlement agreement; received formal recognition from the managing partner for exceptional performance.
- Represents one of the largest independent investment banking firms in North America in its various aspects of domestic and international finance transactions; personally responsible for over $1 billion in completed transactions during tenure.
- Developed & implemented an education program designed to minimize employer risk associated with employee Internet usage and compliance issues; recognized by the company President for outstanding efforts.
To work as a corporate counsel, you require a bachelor’s degree in corporate law or its equivalent and certification by the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC). Corporate counsel must demonstrate negotiation skills, persuasion, organizational skills, communication skills, research skills, problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Corporate Counsel Resume Samples
- Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 1
- Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 2
- Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 3
- Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 4
- Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 5
- Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 6
- Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 7
- Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 8
- Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 9
- Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 10
- Corporate Counsel Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up