A consulting engineer is an engineer who also works as a third party consultant for another company or client to solve problems and develop new ideas. Duties of a consulting engineer include providing technical expertise, performing assessments, reviewing data, risk assessment, and providing support to management.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Consulting Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Consulting Engineer resumes for your reference.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Eliminated the need for re-engineering of the design process by streamlining design deliverables; reduced time to get the project completed.
- Certified in 6 technical areas.
- Project Management to ensure completion of all tasks within budget and on schedule.
- Reorganized engineering team to ensure increased productivity.
- Awarded “Project Supervisor of the Year” by peers for managing engineering projects with limited supervision in multiple disciplines including Civil, Civil Structural, Architectural & Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation, Environmental, etc.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Developed cost-effective electrical specifications for mechanical contractors.
- Established an effective working relationship with engineers of other firms.
- Coordinated the design of a high voltage power line.
- Participated in construction projects for more than 20 years; assisted in the design, coordination of construction contracts, and bidding on contract bids.
- Achieved award for the quality of construction awards from four major electrical contractors within the Texas area; recognized by managers of contractors for outstanding performance.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Prepared and submitted reports for Design Review Board approval.
- Presented and presented in front of various boards and panelists.
- Completed and presented in front of various boards and panelists.
- Completed the building assessment, the building blueprint, the space planning report, and the circulation flow analysis in a timely manner to ensure sufficient space for growth in a timely manner, according to the company’s guidelines.
- Monthly achievement award for positive work performance.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Recognized by the engineering review board as a technical success.
- Recognized as a “Top Recruiter” for my department.
- Served as a member of the admissions committee for two major universities’ engineering programs. Awarded for outstanding professional achievement and leadership abilities.
- Served as a member of the admissions committee for a major university’s engineering program; recognized by the Dean of Engineering with a special achievement award for outstanding service to students and achievements in academics and athletics,
- Influenced others with key technical achievements in the areas of steel design, infrastructure engineering, and computer modeling assignments.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Created and expanded a cutting-edge engineering test facility.
- Executed and helped develop cutting-edge CAD systems for design engineering.
- Improved corporate engineering practices through increased utilization of CAD tools and techniques.
- Provided engineering expertise in the design of a major expansion of a plant.
- Received national recognition for construction activities; designed and executed construction projects under deadline pressure.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Adopted project management techniques in the field of engineering.
- Aided in completing multi-phase projects, which included interrelated tasks and had a large impact on the organization/client.
- Developed team manner to complete projects within specified time frames.
- Received excellent quality award; effectively compiled data relating to loan applications.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Increased sales by 100% by matching customer needs with appropriate products.
- Prepared project budgets for proposed highway projects following Kentucky Transportation Cabinet guidelines.
- Proactively coordinated efforts to build a productive work environment where results soared!
- Demonstrated genuine care for employees completing successfully on-the-job training programs.
- Resolved all objections that forfeited project construction.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Assisted in preparing the design of major industrial facilities; initiated changes to speed construction and reduce cost.
- Trained junior engineers on new software; led to a 15% increase in productivity.
- Prepared reports on manufacturing facilities; identified opportunities for improvement; presented findings to management.
- A generated design for a new line of industrial equipment.
- Developed specifications for all aspects of industrial construction including piping, controls, instrumentation, and electrical systems.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Earned the trust of clients by providing professional development services in a timely manner.
- Authored articles that have been accepted for publication by several engineering organizations pertaining to construction, planning, and management.
- Convinced an engineer at an architectural firm to hire me as a temporary employee so I could gain valuable experience relating to construction site safety.
- Achieved award for exceeding customer expectations during my final year with the company by conducting onsite inspections related to environmental issues, employee safety training, and green initiatives.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; achieved multiple cost savings by negotiating reductions with vendors.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Reviewed blueprints, plans, surveys, and specifications for the design of building structures.
- Performed computations of structural members using proprietary software.
- Tested structural designs breaking down test results into component parts.
- Analyzed data to determine success or failure of a new project.
- Supervised two apprentices in planning and design of new buildings, projects, equipment, and structures.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Designed and executed a 130 million dollar project for a major oil company.
- Directed the construction of a large regional distribution warehouse for a major household product manufacturer.
- Analyzed current construction programs and proposed cost reduction plans for major multi-residential complexes.
- Planned, designed, commissioned, and managed multiple projects totaling more than 300 million dollars in scope, capital value, complexity, and required staffing levels.
- Evaluated, analyzed, and managed all phases of a large building program including programming/coordination/execution of contractors’ contracts to achieve schedule and budget goals.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Earned internship award in electrical engineering; completed classification design for solar-powered energy generating system.
- Developed contract to inspect, correct, and adjust faulty product specifications.
- Negotiated specifications for required components with vendors.
- Developed technical standards for thermocouples, cold cathode tube row meters, thermal jacks, 40-kV transformers.
- Developed code to adhere to the National Electric Code (NEC). Completed inspection documentation requirements.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 13
- Requested, reviewed, and approved drawings for major roadway projects.
- Performed independent research on engineering design studies such as traffic studies and roadway design specifications.
- Coordinated routing plans of major highway projects with route engineers and construction managers.
- Developed graphics for engineering drawings, conducted documentation of construction projects including biddings, tenders, and contracts.
- Attended and presented at district engineer’s conferences and other technical conferences where my skills were recognized.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 14
- Constructed and maintained professional-level drawings and specifications for buildings, structures, and major mechanical systems.
- Grew an office from 1 employee to 2 employees during the first six months of employment.
- Developed a master plan that included a master site plan, design concept, design specifications, cost estimates, construction details, and a construction schedule to be followed for the construction of a new building.
- Improved systems to include electronic planning and control tools, as well as procedural improvements related to the building process.
- Received strong performance evaluation from supervisor; agreed-upon methods were used effectively in performing job duties.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 15
- Manage time and budget to deliver accurate and thorough engineering reports.
- Prepare and properly document equipment proposals, inspections, calculations, and reports.
- Use AutoCAD to illustrate drawings using colors and symbols.
- Identify potential problems affecting the design of a project. Make recommendations for repairs or improvements that will promote safety, comfort, efficiency, or economy in accordance with professional engineering standards.
- Conduct risk assessments to determine the feasibility of proposed designs and identify the risks associated with them. Give recommendations regarding measures to prevent accidents and delays in implementing procedures and formal action plans for dealing with risks.
Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 16
- Ad-hoc technical assistance to clients in the areas of gas conditioning, wastewater treatment, condensate recovery, and fire protection.
- Completed a technical evaluation of a local facility for steam recycling.
- Delivered an educational presentation on petrochemical propane recovery.
- Ad-hoc technical assistance to clients in the area of solar photovoltaics and combined heat and power systems.
- Worked as an academic consultant with an engineering firm evaluating wastewater treatment models for building exfiltration.
Education required to be a consulting engineer generally includes a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the engineering field, as well as previous work experience. Necessary skills include integrity, strong communication, computer skills, problem-solving skills, ability to work as part of a team, creative thinking, ability to make independent decisions, as well as having excellent numerical skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Consulting Engineer Resume Samples
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 13
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 14
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 15
- Consulting Engineer Resume Sample 16
- Wrap Up