A Computer Instructor is responsible for teaching students the skills that are required to work with computers. Their duties include creating lesson plans, teaching students in a group setting, teaching students one on one, administering tests, ensuring the progression of the students, and evaluating the skills of the students.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Computer Instructor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Computer Instructor resumes for your reference.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 1
- Introduced computer classes at the college level; facilitated instruction in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint with emphasis on Microsoft Office.
- Participated in numerous computer-based training sessions for students through teaching workshops, panel presentations, authoring material for textbook authors to utilize in the classroom.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing applications using Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated proficiency in access applications using Excel.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 2
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and communication skills through effective communication and example-based instruction of programs and procedures.
- Created effective lesson plans.
- Effectively communicate with clients on a variety of technical issues including computer hardware, software, operating systems, etc.).
- Developed quality tests of students’ understanding of concepts such as Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, and Excel.
- Gained respect for customer service excellence as an instructor; effectively assisted students to navigate the systems to achieve their goals.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 3
- Wrote new lesson plans and taught computer technology to recent graduates from area vocational schools.
- Trained students on how to use computer hardware, software, and accessories.
- Evaluated student work performance and provided remedial training where required.
- Developed a practical lab for students to perform daily assignments.
- Instructed students on the fundamentals of Internet usage and online security.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 4
- Demonstrated a complete knowledge of Microsoft Windows 98 and MS Office ’97.
- Conducted training sessions for the local community center.
- Hosted seminars for various churches.
- Provided support to Windows 98 users in the area.
- Offered assistance to individuals in the community who were having trouble with Windows 98.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 5
- Developed and delivered instructional programs for Computer-Aided Instruction (CAI), Computer-Based Learning (CBL), and document management.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose computer problems, offer solutions, and recommend hardware or software upgrades.
- Maintained a varied mix of classes through the use of technology-based learning programs, including computerized grading systems for performance reports.
- Created instructional materials for various types of students throughout each unit.
- Achieved award for outstanding achievement in developing and delivering all aspects of instructional programs.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 6
- Instructed and taught computer skills to students in a six-week school session.
- Successfully led the “math and technology camp”.
- Taught computers to at-risk youth with special needs.
- Conducted mentor sessions for student volunteers working with the 4-H Club.
- Managed meetings and projects with professionalism, enthusiasm, and charisma; supported others in their work through positive leadership solutions.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 7
- Accomplished goal to have 100% pass rate for introductory computer courses.
- Showed students how to share files and printers.
- Concurrently taught a basic microcomputer course using a Tele-prompter.
- Demonstrated positive work behavior; handled student high expectations with concern and professionalism.
- Motivated students with exceptional enthusiasm.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 8
- Taught courses on Visual Basic.NET, Internetworking using TCP/IP, and Hyper-links.
- Developed new programs that were completely operational.
- No student complained about the new programs that I developed or the program that I taught them.
- Received commendation from a supervisor for my efforts in increasing levels of students’ programming knowledge.
- Achieved award for demonstrating exceptional attendance and professionalism by being present in class while assisting fellow instructors with projects while always showing an excellent attitude while working with the students.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 9
- Instructed students on how to effectively use computers, including instructions for database software programs, spreadsheet programs, and computerized word processing.
- Demonstrated the importance of sound judgment over technical ability; accurately recorded attendance record and increased proficiency in computerized word processing.
- Reworked corrected student assignments; carefully recorded date of correction and its reason.
- Collaborated with colleagues to provide constructive feedback on work product; prepared written corrective action plan for students who had not met the instructional objectives.
- Clearly defined role as teacher who was to be respected; prided self on providing good instruction rather than merely teaching data entry.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 10
- Articulated introductory concepts and led demonstrations for software applications to help students become familiar with computer technology.
- Taught students to use WordPerfect; instructed users to apply appropriate formatting and style.
- Demonstrated how to create a template in Excel; explained how control buttons enable/disable features such as AutoSum, AutoFilter, and sort options.
- Explained how to create a custom toolbar by using drag-and-drop options for frequently used commands; showed the use of the Undo command.
- Learned software commands to perform a variety of tasks such as inserting a picture, copying an image from the Internet, and converting units from metric to U.S. customary units.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 11
- Highly skilled with subject matter expertise in VBS/Windows, Excel, and MS Office.
- Proficient in Windows XP, Office 2003, MS Exchange Server 2003/2000/97/93/95, Outlook 2000/2002.
- Achieved outstanding success educating students on various aspects of computer classes.
- Employed knowledge of Microsoft programs to provide support for the operation of both PCs and Macs.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for an MS Office 2010 certification class.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 12
- Designed multimedia presentations, which were used as training tools for novice users.
- Wrote programming that helped users understand the logic behind computer instruction.
- Trained employees who work as telephone/software technicians to enhance their skills in working with customer service applications.
- Earned Customer Service Award because of excellent client support and willingness to go beyond the call of duty to provide solutions to multiple problems encountered by users.
- Received User of the Year award for a key role in developing and maintaining new applications.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 13
- Trained more than sixty employees in accordance with company requirements for students seeking employment in IT.
- Designed, created, and implemented a customized curriculum for students seeking employment in IT.
- Developed cost-effective classroom presentations that applied to industry standards for desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones, printers/scanners.
- Initiated innovative programs that improved pass rates on certification exams for students seeking employment in computer-related professions under the company’s umbrella of regional training centers.
- Improved students’ knowledge of the IT industry through various on-the-job activities that included role-playing situations.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 14
- Instructed classes on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Internet Explorer, Outlook, and Corel Draw.
- Helped over 100 students improve their computer skills during the Fall semester; received the president’s plaque for outstanding achievement.
- Trained students to use new software programs for the Spring semester; maintained a record of 96% of class attendance.
- Recognized by peers as an expert in computer networking.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching hardware systems for 20 years.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 15
- Answering questions and concerns of students and parents; providing additional help when needed.
- Assessed the needs and abilities of students in relation to specific courses and provided proper adjustments when necessary.
- Identified computer shortcuts; made suggestions on which choices would fit student’s needs best.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills for students who had never used Office programs before; provided practical applications of skills taught in class.
- Provided additional assistance to students who needed help with homework after school hours.
Computer Instructor Resume Sample 16
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of computer applications, techniques, and logic by presenting lectures to classes of 12–15 students.
- Created projects for class.
- Provided numerous computer services to the community through work with the Geek Squad Computer Service Department.
- Spread knowledge through media presentations to technical classes at both universities where I attended.
- Gained respect from students by providing personal attention in a positive manner.
In order to work as a Computer Instructor, you may be required to have a bachelor’s degree (this requirement varies based on teaching level). Computer Instructors must possess strong communication skills, be a strong listener, be a strong writer, be passionate about teaching, possess presentation skills, be patient, and be able to troubleshoot on a computer in order to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Computer Instructor Resume Samples
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 1
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 2
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 3
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 4
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 5
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 6
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 7
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 8
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 9
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 10
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 11
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 12
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 13
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 14
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 15
- Computer Instructor Resume Sample 16
- Wrap Up