A Compositor takes many images and drawings and combines them into the final image of a shot or a frame or a video sequence. Their duties include receiving materials from various sources, layering drawings over film footage, making computer graphics interact with actors, combining background plates with live-action, maintaining continuity, adding graining where needed, and matching color levels.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Compositor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Compositor resumes for your reference.
Compositor Resume Sample 1
- Designed and developed cover graphics for the music industry; garnered praise from local sales representatives.
- Assisted in creating compelling promotional materials for the client within stated budget limitations; prompted the client to complete the project on time.
- Created layout for brochure, annual report, and two-tiered collateral piece in accordance with brand guidelines; adhered to brand consistency after experiencing a change in the management structure.
- Developed comps in less than three hours when informed that project had to be completed immediately prior to pick-up by courier service; assigned comps the highest priority.
- Executed comps on time and within budget, effectively managed the project from start to finish.
Compositor Resume Sample 2
- Achieved best-seller status for Invitation to Elysium, fifth volume in The Sibyl of Delphi series.
- Received five-star book review ratings 5 times for Invitation to Elysium, the fifth volume in The Sibyl of Delphi series.
- Earned award for having the highest sales among all authors at Acheron Press.
- Recognized with an award for achieving best-seller status on the first day of sales for Invitation to Elysium, the fifth volume in The Sibyl of Delphi series.
- Recognized with an award for having the most constructive criticism ratings at Acheron Press; actors who received my coaching won multiple awards with their performances.
Compositor Resume Sample 3
- Requested and achieved a deadline extension by modifying the layout of a set of folios for an international advertising campaign.
- Received award for developing and implementing a new proofing method; approval was received from all contributors.
- Recipient of 3D art award; innovative methods used to develop the look and feel of the 3D product packaging were praised by customers and fellow employees.
- Achieved award for helping develop an equipment maintenance schedule that meets OSHA standards; services streamlined to meet customer service objectives.
- Received honorable mention in a competition to design a company catalog cover.
Compositor Resume Sample 4
- Met a demanding deadline to create a professional catalog for a prestigious art museum based on clients’ instructions provided by an art curator.
- Built a positive working relationship with art liaisons from museums across the United States by being responsive to their expectations.
- Accomplished project as a key contributor as part of an art education design team for a children’s museum, based on client’s needs.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality due to use of photos and high-quality paper in document reproduction for nonprofit organization.
- Established excellent client relations through development and execution of successful print projects that met or exceeded client’s expectations.
Compositor Resume Sample 5
- Completed job on time and within budget for the new catalog, printing materials for an advertising campaign.
- Achieved award for the creativity of design layout; established new trends in print design and the company reaped benefits.
- Received outstanding quality award; completed work on time and within the budget of inkjet printing project.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had received materials from the project.
- Promoted to department head when the manager left to open own business; obtained certification in Adobe CS4 Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat X Pro, and Acrobat 9 Pro.
Compositor Resume Sample 6
- Wrote award-winning portfolio of art.
- Produced high-quality images for promotion and marketing, requiring limited supervision.
- Respected the creative process; broke down scripts to include different levels of detail, working closely with project managers to meet deadlines.
- Participated in company orientation sessions, selling on benefits of company culture and potential career growth opportunities.
- Wrote a business plan to launch a creative design firm—developed a line of greeting cards, notecards, and calendars with matching envelopes for holiday promotions.
Compositor Resume Sample 7
- Appearance was of a professional level, maintaining a clean and neat appearance for all types of projects.
- Created aesthetically pleasing greeting cards for clients, which were delivered promptly.
- Authored final copy on the project according to client’s requirements and melded into the work seamlessly.
- Implemented two time management techniques & four customer service techniques on weekly basis.
- Completed projects within budget, with attention to detail shown in the quality of the final product.
Compositor Resume Sample 8
- Assisted in designing graphics for publication; maintained accurate files, up-to-date catalogs, and product information for the database.
- Maximized business opportunities by creating and maintaining a database of industry professionals and vendors.
- Contributed to quality performance by creating leadership positions within the company; determining priorities and organizing work schedules based on deadlines.
- Achieved recognition as a top performer; met deadlines even in difficult working conditions.
- Awarded achievement award for designing graphics that effectively promote department services without sacrificing accuracy or quality.
Compositor Resume Sample 9
- Performed duties in order to make paper copies for office, including machines and forms.
- Assisted in making photographs for Office of the President’s official pictures.
- Compiled artwork at the request of the Office of the President for a 1994 holiday card.
- Assisted in design, layout, and pagination of the brochure for the Office of the President.
- Compiled data regarding daily business for the Office of the President.
Compositor Resume Sample 10
- Produced multiple manuscripts from actual materials, including press releases, marketing materials, and advertising copy.
- Acquired computer-related skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Compiled and edited legal documents of various kinds for a major Los Angeles law firm.
- Acquired knowledge of photography for promotional purposes.
- Performed creative writing assignments for a major wedding planning service in the New York area.
Compositor Resume Sample 11
- Prepared professional-quality layouts and illustrations for various clients.
- Designed a new catalog format resulting in a highly cost-effective product that has increased sales by 30% since implementation.
- Used a variety of computer software applications to create diagrams and drawings, including spreadsheets, relational databases, and desktop publishing packages.
- Designed graphics to identify the company’s products on price lists, catalogs, trade show displays, brochures, and flyers issued to promote the company’s products.
- Formatted data from different sources into a spreadsheet for use as an integrated database.
Compositor Resume Sample 12
- Recognized for exceptional ability in the areas of typography, art, layout, and design.
- Received multiple awards for outstanding workmanship.
- Developed portfolio of print advertisements, posters, and brochures for an international corporation; received exceptional recognition from the chief executive officer.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality; received praise from the chief executive officer, who stated that he was pleased to have received work from you on multiple occasions.
- Achieved award for excellence.
Compositor Resume Sample 13
- Mastered layout and set up jobs to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated skills in the preparation of color proofs for advertising and packaging materials.
- Edited copy to meet deadlines; contributed to production meeting budget goals.
Compositor Resume Sample 14
- Recognized for quality workmanship by client-directed internet advertisements.
- Received the highest honor for workmanship during a company’s annual awards ceremony.
- Completed design work on projects designated by managers prior to the deadline date to ensure timely completion of assigned work.
- Attained great recognition as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively resolved customer concerns.
- Was awarded employee of the month for excellent customer service performance.
Educational requirements to be a compositor are a bachelor’s degree in art, design, photography, illustration, or computer animation. Skills needed are extreme attention to detail, perfectionism, creativity, design, proficiency in computer animation, communication skills, commitment to hard work, and independence.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Compositor Resume Samples
- Compositor Resume Sample 1
- Compositor Resume Sample 2
- Compositor Resume Sample 3
- Compositor Resume Sample 4
- Compositor Resume Sample 5
- Compositor Resume Sample 6
- Compositor Resume Sample 7
- Compositor Resume Sample 8
- Compositor Resume Sample 9
- Compositor Resume Sample 10
- Compositor Resume Sample 11
- Compositor Resume Sample 12
- Compositor Resume Sample 13
- Compositor Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up