A Community Corrections Officer assists offenders who have committed an offense but did not receive any jail time. Their duties include interviewing offenders to make sure they comply with program requirements, conduct drug testing, in-home checkups, keep reports on the offender to show in court, coordinate with local law enforcement if violence occurs, and investigate offenders that violate local laws.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Community Corrections Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Community Corrections Officer resumes for your reference.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 1
- Performed a role in a program that provided critical services to the community.
- Increased efficiency and morale of community corrections officers.
- Achieved record for cleared criminal arrest charges in a timely manner within the required deadlines.
- Achieved award for observing observance of regulations and safety regulations when providing safety services to the public.
- Received award for maintaining an exemplary performance record through work performance evaluations at Smith Co., IL Sheriff’s Office, Smith Co., IL Highway Patrol, Smith Co., IL Dept. of Human Resources, and Illinois Dept. of Corrections/Correctional Admin.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 2
- Performed a variety of tasks required to run a maximum-security prison including supervising a team of guards and prisoners.
- Embarked on a mission, leaving the country for over two years, where I stood guard in 90-degree weather.
- Dealt with potentially violent situations on an almost daily basis.
- Reformed inmates by helping them complete their GED or teaching them basic reading skills.
- Helped establish an education program designed to help inmates overcome illiteracy and achieve their high school diplomas.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 3
- Recognized for outstanding performance in the field of corrections.
- Served in an assignment requiring the highest degree of physical fitness in Military personnel.
- Developed a keen sense of responsibility for military readiness during training exercises and tactical situations.
- Recognized for overall job accomplishments for Military personnel in both civilian and military locations.
- Received outstanding quality award for commanding staff during deployment to Kuwait, where the well-being of military personnel was a top priority.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 4
- The Best Buy award was given to me because I exceeded sales goals by 10%.
- Arrested suspects by following proper legal procedure.
- Served as an assassination target in a training exercise, but survived.
- Participated in community service programs for children by teaching them to read.
- Researched and wrote policy regarding treatment for substance abuse; designed educational curricula.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated positive behavior and acceptance of disciplinary measures for infractions committed by staff members.
- Conducted meetings with inmates and with their families to inform their release.
- Delivered detainees to courthouses and other areas for mandamus hearings.
- Trained fellow correctional staff in proper security practices, such as handcuffing, searching, and restraining prisoners.
- Killed a prisoner during a routine search; later received a punitive suspension; returned to employment after serving his suspension.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 6
- Met State Commission on the Quality of Justice guidelines regarding basic skills and continuing education.
- Performed at a high technical level each time the team searched a location for a missing person.
- Assigned to work gangs who were tagged as high-risk; developed a network of friends among the workers to discourage gang involvement.
- Directed several large search and rescue operations, including twelve personnel who found two lost hikers in less than an hour and a half.
- Earned rank for highest performance scores from peers based on random audits which measured my effectiveness as a leader as well as my ability to maintain order and discipline.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 7
- Completed training program in only 11 weeks, which is the shortest training period reported in the state by a graduation class of 25 cadets.
- Promoted to a leadership position in less than six months of service.
- Initiated a community service project in which our department collected food and clothing that was distributed to needy families in our city.
- Received award for being the most law-abiding officer on duty during my shift within a week period for not writing any citations or warnings.
- Achieved award for making more than 100 vehicle stops without using my firearm or TASER device during a two-month period.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 8
- Built a rapport with the inmates around the institution’s complex while teaching them good character and proper behavior.
- Achieved a bronze award for outstanding work in the area of prevention, service, and rehabilitation while working at a federal maximum-security prison.
- Gained recognition for being an exemplary officer while serving as a correctional officer at the central processing facility for federal offenders.
- Researched, organized, and presented information to the Senior Warden at the correctional facility.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance as a correctional officer.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 9
- Increased attendance at mandatory training sessions from an average of 60% to 93%.
- Recognized by my superior for maintaining a 98% average in physical fitness testing.
- Earned high marks from my co-workers for leadership in building community rapport, and facilitating the rehabilitation of substance abusers.
- Awarded a commendation by the Mayor for helping to apprehend a fugitive with a local arrest warrant.
- Received the “Outstanding Team Player Award” multiple times; coordinated weekly inmate activity schedules, and prepared daily reports regarding attendance, behavior, and work details.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 10
- Conducted research to compile statistics; trained others in community outreach activities for the commission.
- Provided instruction in general law enforcement procedures to local youths interested in entering the field.
- Dispatched all services needed for a successful case resolution; supervised youth while conducting traffic stops and providing security at court appearances.
- Secured three teenagers apprehended while breaking into homes in the neighborhood.
- Directed a successful recruitment program that increased the number of applicants for a future police academy.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 11
- Worked after hours for a week with a group of citizens to clean up a local park.
- Attended an eight-week program at the Academy on law enforcement, firearms, and juvenile justice.
- Amassed over 400 hours as a volunteer with the county sheriff’s department as a dispatcher and as an auxiliary officer.
- Achieved the highest honor as Police Cadet of the Year; displayed leadership skills, physical fitness ability, public relations expertise, legal knowledge, and technical information on laws during interviews.
- Earned “Certificate of Recognition for Service” from the local police chief; served as a valued volunteer in a variety of roles.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 12
- Performed assigned duties as a paramedic and security officer; ensured that paramedic crew and peace officers on duty met daily objectives.
- Aided in rescue efforts during a tornado by locating and transporting injured victims to medical treatment facilities.
- Managed and trained two security teams, including conducting training sessions for eight new hires; supervised calls relating to breach of peace, traffic control, and domestic disturbances.
- Increased stock prices by implementing an inventory control system for processing online orders; resolved quality-control issues within 24 hours of notification of the problem.
- Received the Firefighter of the Year award for exemplary service after extinguishing two fires in September.
Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 13
- Arrested over 500 individuals, many of whom were drunk drivers.
- Allowed entry into the facility only after searching through the database for proper possession of visitors’ cards or ID cards.
- Performed search, background check, and health screening on all offenders prior to admission to custody or release from custody.
- Performed searches on offenders awaiting trial or pretrial hearings, as well as offenders who were sentenced to be housed at the facility for extended periods of time.
- Monitored inmate population and security deficiencies; accessed information regarding security hazards for repairs or breach repair whenever necessary.
To become a Community Corrections Officer you will need a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice. A skilled officer will be fluent in both English and Spanish, have strong communication skills, strong leadership skills, organizational skills, analytical skills, time management skills, and empathy.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Community Corrections Officer Resume Samples
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 1
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 2
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 3
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 4
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 5
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 6
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 7
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 8
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 9
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 10
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 11
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 12
- Community Corrections Officer Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up