A Commercial Real Estate Broker assists clients in buying, selling, or leasing commercial properties. Their duties include assisting clients in finding non-residential properties, assisting in the promotion of properties to sell, managing a portfolio of rental properties, drafting legal documents and contracts, coordinating exchanges of ownership, and attending networking functions and occasional workshops.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Commercial Real Estate Broker resumes for your reference.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 1
- Negotiated more than $7 million in real estate contracts.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of commercial, retail, office, industrial and multi-family properties across the city.
- Expanded market share by 50% during time as top salesperson for three different companies.
- Shared expertise at weekly meetings with affiliate brokers regarding local market conditions affecting commercial real estate transactions.
- Provided leadership to new agents throughout training process while mentoring seven colleagues on growth of their business through referrals and partnerships.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 2
- Negotiated over $1,500,000 in commercial real estate commissions.
- Grew a new team by 20% within six months to meet increasing demand for services despite economic downturn.
- Established and led a specialized real estate investment fund under the team name.
- Spurred growth for firm by innovating and creating new and better ways of doing business while maintaining full commitment to customer service.
- Gained top ratings from Yelp, Facebook, Zillow, Trulia, etc.; consistently acquired multiple 5-star reviews from clients and colleagues alike.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 3
- Match every single request with the right place, time, and price.
- Conducted an analysis of competition within a specific geographic market to determine how company is perceived against industry competitors.
- Presentation on “Commercial Real Estate Trends in Downtown Philadelphia” won first prize at national convention; led presentation before over 300 real estate professionals.
- Negotiated lease agreement for prominent university-affiliated medical center bringing hundreds of new jobs to local economy.
- Helped close two million dollar transaction during first year as broker resulting in huge commission payout above base salary plus bonus arrangement.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 4
- Netted $19,000 in commission income within first 3 months of employment.
- Assisted high-end commercial property owners with leasing negotiations generating over $80,000 in annual revenue.
- Conducted active listings search which led to the acquisition of a multi-tenant shopping center; recognized by company president as top new broker at award banquet.
- Initiated and completed three free-lease agreements for retail tenants helping to double occupancy rate and increase rental prices.
- Ranked as one of the top 20 brokers (out of 300) based on rentals achieved; received bonus check covering 5% of sales revenue from previous year.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 5
- Negotiated the sale of properties to commercial retail companies.
- Provided comprehensive knowledge of insurance, corporate finance, and real estate investment strategies for customers.
- Classified potential investments in terms of price, income returns, growth rates, cash flow coverage ratio, development costs and risk factors.
- Acted as liaison between builder clients and lenders by verifying all necessary financial data to ensure that construction loans were obtained in a timely manner.
- Delivered higher-than-expected sales volume by utilizing effective prospecting skills including cold calls/requests for proposals to develop sales pipeline.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 6
- Assisted clients in the purchase of commercial real estate valued at over $3 million.
- Exposed to a variety of investment strategies while counseling clients regarding investment diversification, market outlook, and security selection.
- Provided thorough consultations regarding topics including life insurance, wills, trusts, retirement planning, tax planning and income-producing strategies for business owners.
- Interacted with local lenders to determine financing terms including interest rates and points as well as determining type of loan such as FHA or conventional.
- Rewarded by commission checks totaling over $100,000 after closing deals successfully; recognized as one of the company’s top ten closers for three consecutive quarters.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 7
- Seamlessly guided clients in the negotiation of structured finance transactions with reference to purchase, refinance, or construction loans.
- Spearheaded a loan workout team that saved a major financial institution over $500 million when mortgage-backed securities were being devalued in 2008/2009 economic crisis.
- Profitably sold commercial properties where values had been continually escalating for over ten years; recognized by top 100 brokers list.
- Exceeded expectations while originating more than $30 million dollar in new business; received two awards for exceptional service and performance.
- Identified building opportunities by conducting feasibility research on land use planning that led to the acquisition of more than 40 acres of undeveloped property.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 8
- Negotiated and closed more than 200 real estate transactions, including commercial and office properties.
- As the most senior agent on staff, managed a team of twelve agents to maximize sales within the market area.
- Handled all aspects of lease administration from initial negotiations through final closeout.
- Propelled the firm’s growth by identifying potential markets for new offices, securing prime leases in central business districts, and reaping 100% of commissions earned while subcontracting with other brokers who had previously been unsuccessful.
- Set sales records equaling 30% of annual revenue volume while earning praise from co-workers for excellent negotiation skills and ability to identify prospects’ needs before they did.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 9
- Negotiated contracts for $30 million commercial real estate deal resulting in a net profit of $13 million.
- Oversaw every aspect of the commercial real estate brokerage division, providing leadership and motivation for nearly 100 agents.
- Dealt with issues such as building maintenance, tenant complaints, and customer service to ensure that customers were satisfied and maintained a positive rapport with all tenants.
- Strategized marketing presentations using innovative techniques that increased sales by 36%; personally closed over 40 deals valued at $822 million.
- Updated portfolio strategies and developed new techniques to improve investment decisions; increased customers’ equity by $78 billion.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 10
- Managed a team of 10 support staff, 15 associates and 30 brokers to achieve annual sales volume in excess of $150 million on the retail side.
- Accelerated income from $20M to $120M in four years by means of strong personal networking within company and industry.
- Actively engaged in tax increment financing strategies for current portfolio while preparing new acquisition materials.
- Initiated a new high-end restaurant development near downtown area while representing an international entertainment brand.
- Promoted to Branch Manager within a year after starting with the firm; responsible for managing two offices and 60+ team members.
Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 11
- Obtained an exclusive listing with Beverly Hills firm for $50 million worth of real estate.
- Negotiated properties in excess of $100 million, including multi-million dollar lease negotiations and one billion dollar acquisition.
- Sold commercial property to the owner of a major motion picture studio which he had been trying to close since 1983, negotiated sale from 40 different brokers who had been unsuccessfully marketing the property over its 15 years on the market.
- In charge of all aspects of day-to-day operations as Commercial Property Manager.
- Negotiated terms that led to contract between landlord and tenant at a cost savings estimated at more than $250,000 annually after having tenants vacate office space to build new structure.
To work as a Commercial Real Estate Broker, a degree is not necessarily as important as training, but certification is required. A Commercial Real Estate Broker must have a state license, be self-motivated, honest, and ethical, have had 3 years experience in a similar position, a firm grasp of industry practices, a vast knowledge of property laws and specifications, a knowledge of legal guidelines, procedure and policies.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Samples
- Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 1
- Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 2
- Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 3
- Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 4
- Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 5
- Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 6
- Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 7
- Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 8
- Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 9
- Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 10
- Commercial Real Estate Broker Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up