Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist helps to make sure that the patient’s initial encounters are well documented and the health records are properly filled. CDIS duties include clinically evaluating how the health record translates, educating providers about the identification of disease processes, gathering and analyzing information, and aid in identification and proper classification of complication codes.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist resumes for your reference.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Created a fully implemented electronic medical records system for an entire department with over 100 employees, where all employees are required to use the system.
- Transcribed, corrected, printed out scribbles, misprints, and mistakes without delay.
- Installed an audio dictation system for immediate reporting of staff needs on the department’s behalf during emergency situations.
- Established a procedure to document clinical documentation changes by creating requirements for change upon requests by staff members on job duties.
- Received recognition from supervisors due to exceptional performance on the job; received quarterly reviews from management of outstanding performance on problems.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Achieved 100% satisfaction from users and supervisors, who typically commented about the accuracy and speed of document processing.
- Actively supported users with technical solutions for various document deficiencies; provided formal training to new users on standard operating procedures and computer systems.
- Adopted software applications that improved efficiency and minimized errors in processing and retrieving documents, including an electronic filing system (EDI), payroll accounting software, warehouse management system, and a customer order tracking program.
- Recognized by User Management for outstanding quality; industry wins such as Business Solutions Award for Best Document Management Solution.
- Achieved award for increasing user satisfaction by demonstrating my ability to implement innovative technology.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Improved appraisals of the medical charting procedures used by other clerical staff at the hospital.
- Increased rates of documentation compliance by co-workers, which resulted in documented savings to the hospital.
- Earned reputation as a leader among medical staff, both for my work ethic and for enhancing employees’ interest in documentation improvement several times over.
- Received appreciation award for outstanding performance; streamlined process of documentation to improve patient satisfaction survey ratings by up to 30% at times.
- Became key member of departmental team through cross-training process with other departments; became primary contact person for data collection and analysis related to health information management services.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Completed a task in a timely manner and/or to the highest level of quality.
- Performed work that was both time and resource effective.
- Coordinated work with individuals from different departments to ensure coordination and efficiency within a department.
- Effectively communicated ideas with coworkers and supervisors to resolve problems.
- Provided quality customer service with a smile, which is appreciated by all types of customers, both internal and external.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Trained physicians for compliance on regulations relating to electronic health record documentation; trained medical staff on the proper code set to use for each procedure.
- Presented seminars at national conferences to fellow healthcare professionals. Courses included electronic medical records, coding, and quality improvement.
- Learned many regulations and directives used in acute care facilities during one year of participation in hospital unit meetings; played an integral role in the implementation of these regulations.
- Selected as one of five candidates nationally to participate in a 2-year curriculum being developed for proper data entry into the electronic medical record system.
- Presented two national workshops on efficient medical documentation, demonstrating major advancements in the field.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Repaired and improved Time Management System to Time-In-Force standards by developing a strategic plan.
- Performed over 800 time entries within one month’s time, double the standard monthly quota.
- Performed overtime hours as needed, earning a monthly increase in salary.
- In addition to the above duties, completed compliance with federal and state job standards including Title VII/Equal Opportunity Employment laws and ADA guidelines.
- Received high performance recognition from management for straightforward integrity and efficiency in all core area responsibilities including documentation improvement.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Documented new and existing health care issues as per OSHA and OSI standards for medical records.
- Communicated new and existing health care issues to the medical team; included history, physical examination, medication list, laboratory results, diagnosis and nursing plan of action.
- Assisted with the training of new health care professionals and improvements to established systems that resulted in qualification by OSI standards.
- Won “Best Team Award” after improving team efficiency by 25% within one month through management of time, work flow, quantity of documentation generated, quality of documentation generated, accuracy in documentation generated.
- Re-organized medical records in an effort to streamline efficiency; saved $2,000 per year in paper costs by re-organizing records for three different offices.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Compiled data for the medical office; maintained high accuracy and completeness of data entry.
- Maintained high accuracy and completeness of clinical documentation; processed continuing medical education claims.
- Established new policies, procedures, systems, and structures; reviewed personnel records; received approval of regional director’s signature on report generating policy updates.
- Received an award for increased efficiency in the medical office through administrative efficiency activities that decreased process time by 22%.
- Approved travel for all employees to attend mandatory seminars citing professional development as required reading for all staff.
A 2-year associate degree in a healthcare-related field. An RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) certification, a CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) credential, an RN (Registered Nurse) or MD (Medical Doctor) license is required. CDISs are analytical, clear, and concise in their communication, very well organized, and are very willing to work with others.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Samples
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Wrap Up