A child and youth worker interacts and provides services for children and youth in the community. A child and youth worker’s responsibilities include creating community projects, implementing community projects, organizing activities, finding volunteers, keeping records, and provide safety for children and youth.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Child And Youth Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Child And Youth Worker resumes for your reference.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 1
- Obtained ownership of a Young Adult Group Home.
- Designed group homes to accommodate the needs of children with special needs, including ADHD, autism, intellectual disabilities, etc.
- Achieved degree in Social Work.
- Maintained a successful group home with successful residents.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively organized and compiled data pertaining to budgeting and statistics for the purpose of financial accounting.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 2
- Achieved leadership status with state-wide Children’s Home Society of America (CHSA) as Super Student/Teacher; was recognized for serving as a resource to families, having excellent communication skills, and correctly completing the curriculum.
- Sold insurance for not-for-profit organizations; during the summer season, sold 1,700 policies.
- Spent all four years as a team captain for cheerleading at North Texas University. Received the Cheerleader of the Year award as a senior cheerleader at NCTU. Participated in several college outreach clinics.
- Achieved the President’s Award for Excellence and Recognition at NCTU for outstanding achievements.
- Competed as a competitive cheerleader and achieved a 2nd Place Championship at the UCA Nationals Competition for cheerleading.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 3
- Supervised the activities of eight wonderful children between the ages of 3-12.
- Instilled personal education through weekly games and parties.
- Assisted in serving the needs of various family members including mom, dad, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.
- Created individualized plans for each child with a focus on their development in the arts and crafts area. Impressed parents by setting up many field trips to local parks.
- Assisted in preparing reports for the Youth Bureau, the Department of Human Resources, and professional memberships.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 4
- Provided daily care for community children from birth to five years of age.
- Trained and supervised staff.
- Oversaw staffing needs by interviewing, hiring, and training staff members.
- Bilingual in Spanish, English.
- Awarded appreciation for outstanding customer service by working with parents to address concerns regarding developmental or behavioral problems of children under care.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 5
- Worked with a diverse group of children, families, and staff to create a nurturing, supportive and safe environment.
- Worked with families to create a positive home environment to strengthen self-esteem, positive parent-child interaction, and appropriate behaviors. Encouraged parents by providing support and information.
- Maintained a current knowledge base related to issues affecting youth in the community by attending workshops and classes at local colleges.
- Received an award from the County for reported illegal behaviors from members of the community; prevented serious incidents from occurring through report writing.
- Discovered a child who was being abused and reported to his/her parents, which allowed them to take action.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 6
- Performed duties of child care provider, including making nutritious snacks, keeping the classroom clean and tidy, monitoring children during playtime, keeping children occupied while teaching them how to interact with one another.
- Maintained close relationship with parents; ensured that parents understood their role in helping the child’s progress.
- Organized monthly birthday party for each child; organized video conference between school and family members on a regular basis.
- Promoted good relations among the children; oversaw fun activities on weekends to promote team building.
- Reorganized reading program; secured additional funding for sporting gear.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 7
- Set up and facilitated parent/child relationships for children in need of help staying engaged at school.
- Was able to provide students with various methods of coping during stressful moments.
- Received recognition for successfully completing courses related to child development, substance abuse, and trauma counseling.
- Provided services to students with trauma-related issues that included providing children with opportunities for growth through various activities.
- Implemented peer counseling in a group situation in order to support other peers in reaching out for help when needed.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 8
- Verified absences, validations, and completion of a standard 30-day calendar every week.
- Effectively implemented various therapeutic techniques for family units. Utilized parent education classes to help parents better understand their children’s dynamic social, cognitive, and emotional development.
- Inclusive management of children with special needs in a multi-cultural environment; utilized inclusive practices for incarcerated youths by utilizing individualized programs.
- Recognized among the top 5% in the state for performance reviews; granted child care facility upgrades and renovations due to high level of performance reviews.
- Volunteered time to assist in the upkeep of the grounds which assisted in securing the title of Facility Beautification Award Winner for the Department’s Division.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 9
- Developed parent education classes; monitored children for safety, health, and nutrition; enrolled children in extracurricular activities; provided individual attention to children’s emotional needs.
- Designed camps based on child’s interests; provided meaningful educational experiences for the children of economically disadvantaged families.
- Achieved outstanding quality award in child care curriculum development.
- Received recognition in my community for being a tireless volunteer who assists at numerous fundraisers, including the Homeless Shelter Outreach Program, Orphan’s Christmas program, and Toys For Tots.
- Awarded Boston Herald Angel of the Day for my tireless efforts in raising money for the homeless shelter’s Christmas party.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 10
- Adopted a First Nations child as my own who was left as a baby. Gave him a stable home and taught him to communicate his needs through the use of sign language.
- Gave to the community in order to help the homeless in the winter months in order to help them stay warm.
- Coordinated with school staff to provide the best care possible for special needs students.
- Removed graffiti from the public property through volunteer hours, accomplished by using a power washer and painting over.
- Participated in fundraisers for worthy causes, helping people in need within our own community.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 11
- Contacted children’s parents to confirm appointments.
- Supervised group of 6-12 children for playtime activities during working hours.
- Served as a positive role model by utilizing time wisely and completing duties in the designated time frame.
- Worked with children whose parents were in jail, residing in homeless shelters, or incarcerated in juvenile facilities.
- Assisted in planning monthly field trips for 24-30 children.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 12
- Provided individualized care plans for children with disabilities, taking into account the child’s diagnosis, physical limitations, and overall developmental progress.
- Received recognition for outstanding performance in organizing activities for children on field trips.
- Adapted assessment techniques according to the needs of each child.
- Recognized by the Supervisors for planning activities that helped children learn new skills.
- Achieved award for reducing instances of maladaptive behaviors in children who had been admitted to Residential Treatment Program.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 13
- Created a file for each child in the program, set up a computerized database, and screened for eligibility.
- Met with parents regularly to update them on their children’s progress in the program.
- Designed and wrote a training curriculum for new staff members and taught classes.
- Communicated with parents to answer questions and give them information regarding their children’s progress in the program.
- Offered assistance to mothers wanting to get their GEDs and helped them get into school.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 14
- Provided support in enabling students to succeed academically through one-on-one tutoring and monitoring of students’ progress toward high attendance in class.
- Supervised developmentally disabled children, facilitating their participation in age-appropriate activities, teaching them how to play with others, and engaging them with the community at large.
- Coordinated group trips for young children in order to encourage socialization.
- Actively participated in the selection of materials that were incorporated into an effective child care curriculum; worked with specialists to develop lesson plans that focused on meeting the needs of all children.
- Recognized by the Board of Directors for outstanding contribution to the youth program; appointed to serve on the Board of Directors.
To be a child and youth worker, a high school diploma is required, in addition to experience working with children and youth. A child and youth worker must be empathetic, must enjoy working with children and youth, must be creative, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent leadership skills, and must have excellent organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Child And Youth Worker Resume Samples
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 1
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 2
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 3
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 4
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 5
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 6
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 7
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 8
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 9
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 10
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 11
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 12
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 13
- Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up