A chief estimator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the estimating process for project bids. Duties include analyzing past project performance, establishing estimate projections for future projects, utilize estimating software, maintaining cost databases, participation in public relations, and other duties as needed.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Chief Estimator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Chief Estimator resumes for your reference.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 1
- Selected and secured contracts for major construction projects.
- Managed financial planning for projects with budgets ranging from $250,000 to $6 million.
- Prepared and implemented project schedules, tracking resources and manpower costs.
- Coordinated work with vendors and subcontractors to complete projects on schedule.
- Developed company standard operating procedures while managing a staff of 15 employees.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 2
- Expanded certified, independent estimator’s firm to become one of the top five commercial contractors’ in the Greater New York area.
- Recruited and trained a professional staff of nine designers, four estimators, two project managers, and two assistant managers who consistently generated profits for the company.
- Recognized for outstanding performance with firm’s highest award for leadership and business development.
- Developed a profitable working relationship with government agencies by going above and beyond extraordinary service dedication to city planning departments, town management teams, and utility commission departments.
- Achieved award for outstanding project and administrative management skills while building a $30 million office and industrial facility.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 3
- Achieved $3 million year-end sales volume for Associated Electric Contractors; reported sales increase trend in lieu of the recession.
- Earned the distinction as “Top Performer” by achieving 98% quality subcontractor utilization rate.
- Successfully recovered failed jobs and regained lost profits through outstanding negotiation skills and earnest performance.
- Saved clients $300,000 in false claims on a project valued at $1,000,000 by professionally performing as a project Quality Control Inspector for building owners and builders.
- Demonstrated a $500,000 savings in direct labor costs through employee motivation and participation in strategic meetings.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 4
- Recognized as a top producer for institutional projects with a minimum of $250 thousand in contracts awarded to my team per year.
- Trained and oversaw 15 estimators, worked alongside project managers, and managed daily contractor bidding tasks.
- Worked with architects and contractors to streamline building process and increase on-schedule delivery of structures; reduced cost overruns due to poor planning.
- Planned, budgeted, negotiated, scheduled, purchased materials, managed sub-contractors; developed up-to-date knowledge of construction codes and standards.
- Managed major project budgets of over $1 million from start to finish including payment requests, change orders, delays, and overruns; boosted contractors’ confidence in the team’s commitment to schedule and cost performance.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 5
- Determined and documented all of the construction costs, including all labor and material, up to date at the time of bid opening.
- Designed and supervised all of the estimating of building construction costs, both concrete and non-concrete.
- Determined and scheduled all of the materials, both concrete and non-concrete.
- Designed and supervised all of the estimating of landscaping construction costs.
- Designed and supervised all the building construction drawings, specifications, estimates, and closings.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 6
- Contracted and negotiated a bid of $3.2 million for the construction of eight luxury homes in one of Northern California’s most affluent communities.
- Established an outstanding reputation for reliability, integrity, and professionalism; consistently employed by either residential or commercial property owners as their first choice building estimator.
- Earned reputation as a dependable, knowledgeable, and creative project manager; effectively scheduled work crews according to building materials availability and weather conditions.
- Established financial safety net by conservatively estimating labor hours at 20% less than actual hours worked on each project; essential during the economic downturn of 2007-2009 housing market crash.
- Achieved success by personally calculating the cost and time of every potential project; credited with a profit of $1.3 million during the initial year of business.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 7
- Trained, supervised, and mentored hundreds of estimators throughout the United States and Canada in the preparation, completion, and bond of construction projects.
- Assembled teams of estimators from all over the country to work together on large-scale projects.
- Directed groups in order to achieve budgeted project completion dates.
- Served as a senior estimator on government contracts with MAE Construction Company (US Army Corps of Engineers) as well as a subcontractor for five Massachusetts firms.
- Managed over 100 employees by initiating compliance with best practices; recognized by agency management for customer service excellence.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 8
- Ranked in top 2% of busiest commercial architectural firms in United States due to consistently exceeding client expectations, meeting deadlines, and delivering high quality designs.
- Delivered designs for over $15 million worth of work by successfully managing over 100 projects during a busy construction season.
- Managed six architects and three estimators while simultaneously completing project management of several large scale office buildings.
- Took on responsibility for sales, marketing, and estimating teams upon promotion to Senior Estimator; closed six new business deals within 3 months.
- Assumed full control as Operations Manager when upper management left the company; increased sales revenues by 36% for the following year.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 9
- Participated in project budgeting, scheduling, and estimating.
- Contributed to successful completion of projects by ensuring project specifications were complete and inspection process was completed on time.
- Analyzed customer needs, prioritized customers’ items, and scheduled the job data needed with engineers.
- Maintained accurate records of scheduling in all three phases; ensured that existing and on going equipment was available for each phase as needed.
- Actively participated in several construction seminars as an industry representative or sponsor when invited by other contractors performing similar work.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 10
- Analyses of blueprints, field estimates, and contracts enabled the company to produce estimates for projects within ±3% of actual costs.
- Negotiated with subcontractors for cost reductions resulting in a total savings to the client of $45,000.
- Achieved awards for sales achievements three years in a row.
- Provided clients with accurate project status on five North American projects while supervising five local offices.
- Trained new estimators and designers to meet company goals.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 11
- Created, maintained, and distributed accurate bid proposals for construction projects to clients in a timely manner.
- Reduced costs for clients by identifying several bidding opportunities with other contractors.
- Increased revenue for company by maintaining strong lines of communication with clients, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
- Achieved Award of Excellence from the Lumber Industry Association; recognized as the best estimator out of more than three hundred nationwide.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation by the city of Orlando; recognized as an outstanding contributor in improving infrastructure and beautifying the city.
Chief Estimator Resume Sample 12
- Trained apprentices in preparation for the Chief Estimator position.
- Supervised estimators and obtained their results to achieve budget targets.
- Adhered to industry standards while scheduling and conducting contractors’ activities, to ensure quality and time performance.
- Trained staff on new construction projects by developing a marketing plan that produced strong sales results at an increased price level.
- Identified and trained new estimators in preparation for promotion to job responsibilities.
Education requirements include a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, administration. Skill requirements include the ability to communicate professionally, ability to meet deadlines, effective oral and written communication, attention to detail, strong math skills, proficient with office and estimating software, and the ability to function effectively in a team environment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.