Catering Servers provide food and services for catered events. Their work includes ensuring a clean dining area, setting up appropriate ambiance, presenting menus, providing information on food and beverage choices, maintaining a polite and friendly attitude, complying to sanitation and safety regulations, heeding dietary needs, and keeping kitchen staff informed throughout the event.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Catering Server Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Catering Server resumes for your reference.
Catering Server Resume Sample 1
- Utilized effective and creative interpersonal skills to make customers feel welcome and cared for.
- Received award as the server who has received the most money from customers.
- Recognized as exemplary to others in the service industry for high productivity and above-average service.
- Learned valuable life lessons such as understanding your potential customers, networking skills, and how to create a memorable experience.
- Recognized by Chief Executive Officer as an excellent piece of furniture; helped define, define, define and define more than 70 recipes and develop policies and procedures.
Catering Server Resume Sample 2
- Earned recognition as an exemplary server for exceptional customer service; served 1,500 guests under tight time constraints.
- Hired to oversee catering staff of 25 servers; used motivational skills to train and foster teamwork to increase profitability.
- Achieved recognition as catering supervisor for exceeding profit goals; successfully led company to a level of success.
- Received award for outstanding work ethic; worked 30 hours per week while managing other responsibilities.
- Demonstrated initiative by scheduling holiday parties and coordinating food, decorations, and staffing for events.
Catering Server Resume Sample 3
- Achieved high scores and received awards for food quality and customer satisfaction; successfully completed assigned catering tasks; consistently received excellent service from customers.
- Passed company’s drug test; finished sanitation inspection before closing hours every day without fail.
- Received outstanding performance award for outstanding performance, exceeding expectations, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Overcame adversity in the face of rejection by management when they rescinded my offer when they found out that I had problems with my drug test. I was able to pass the drug test within two weeks, thus negating my rejection by management.
- Proven my value as a humanitarian by helping my uncle recover from an illness.
Catering Server Resume Sample 4
- Working in a team environment, I contributed to the success of our catering department.
- Recognized for providing excellent customer service to clients and their guests; responded to client and guest requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Able to accurately prepare special orders for guests who require gluten-free or low-sodium meals.
- Earned award for working in a team environment; effectively organized work assignments and was able to complete tasks within time constraints while maintaining quality assurance guidelines.
- Completed all food preparation training courses offered by the company, increasing my knowledge of menu items, food allergens, and alcohol norms.
Catering Server Resume Sample 5
- Recognized for excellent service to patients, visitors, and hospital personnel.
- Promoted to Catering Specialist; served as a liaison between the patient’s family and The Great Chefs catering service.
- So effective that management asked me to train other food servers in customer relations skills.
- Selected to receive job training from the chef at our hotel restaurant.
- Selected for training in customer relations by other medical institutions.
Catering Server Resume Sample 6
- Greeted customers, prepared food, delivered meals, and cleared tables.
- Managed waitstaff for large functions held at the conference center.
- Recognized by Director for outstanding performance during a large banquet held by the CEO of the company.
- Oversaw catering for conventions held at the conference center; developed new ideas to improve services offered to convention attendees.
- Achieved award as “Outstanding Server” as determined by senior executives who dined at the facilities.
Catering Server Resume Sample 7
- Maintained current knowledge of menu items, ingredients, and nutritional value to ensure that clients received the highest quality of service.
- Managed the bar by providing beverages to gatherings of 15-25 guests.
- Awarded “A” rating for promoting a clean environment for the hospital’s new cafeteria.
- Supported new menu by implementing food preparation procedures designed to ensure maximal flavor.
- Achieved Certified Dietary Aide status for nutritional services.
Catering Server Resume Sample 8
- Earned the highest customer satisfaction ratings based on guest survey results.
- Awarded for outstanding presentation of food and service; recognized as a Certified Host by the International Institute of Hospitality.
- Recognized for sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to meet the needs of a diverse clientele.
- Consistently maintained a 98% first-time complete complaint response rate.
- Awarded for excellence in the field of foodservice; recognized as a Pro Chef by the International Institute.
Catering Server Resume Sample 9
- Met and exceeded hourly sales volume goals; excelled at greeting guests and providing professional service.
- Directly led wait staff to inspire confidence and provide quality service to guests.
- Constructed, tended, and maintained a meticulous kitchen, well stocked with fresh ingredients for the day’s lunch and dinner menu.
- Facilitated the execution of store policies and procedures for the preparation and service of dishes in a timely fashion , goal-oriented with an eye for excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Received award as the best server in the department; effectively worked as a team player within a multi-task environment, attention to detail with respect to food presentation was exceptional.
Catering Server Resume Sample 10
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively coordinated food and beverage service.
- Received award for preparing food in a timely manner; observed to be proficient in preparing food at various restaurants.
- Achieved outstanding performance in preparation for state health inspection awards; observed to be well-versed in sanitation laws and inspection requirements.
- Executed exceptional garnishments in accordance with state laws, while adhering to garnishing guidelines.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively performed numerous services for the hotel restaurant clients when requested by the general manager.
Catering Server Resume Sample 11
- Recovered and correctly categorized all hardbound and softbound books and other records in the office.
- Cleaned, stacked, and restocking supplies; restocked condiments; worked with the Merchandising Manager to ensure all food products were properly marked with correct descriptive information to ensure consistency of preparation.
- Facilitated the development of a new Catering Company website; designed and maintained current websites with regular updates. ?
- Assetted new catering equipment for use by the Concord Hospitality, including blinds, aprons, ventless gaskets, flatware, utensils for catered events.
- Created and updated the recipe database; assisted the Executive Chef with menu item preparation and food product selection.
Catering Server Resume Sample 12
- Maintained a clean and organized kitchen to ensure that servers’ orders are properly prepared.
- Established a positive work environment by being organized, meticulous, attentive to detail, and taking personal pride in the quality of restaurant service.
- Received award for foodservice excellence for excellent service ratings from consumers who had dined at the restaurant.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had dined at the restaurant.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; maintained excellent personal hygiene.
To be a Catering Server, you must have a high school diploma, a good driving record, and a clean background check. You must be able to move quickly, resolve conflict, provide friendly customer service, lift heavy items, use good verbal communication, basic math, teamwork, and display punctuality and professionalism.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.