A Billing Analyst controls the operation and function of invoices for a company. Their responsibilities include running eligibility reports, meeting with different divisions, keeping insurance information current, re-billing claims for payment, collaborating with the accounting department, and consulting financial division.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Billing Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Billing Analyst resumes for your reference.
Billing Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Identified and corrected billing inaccuracies, ensuring the company met all regulatory requirements.
- Estimated labor costs for each clinical trial based on expected patient recruitment numbers.
- Enhanced product costing system; updated reports to track activity relevant to pricing cost adjustments.
- Eliminated over $1M in annual expenses by recommending changes in billing policies and procedures across multiple business units.
- Designed an improved billing process for pharmaceutical sales representatives; increased sales representative focus on renewals by 10%.
Billing Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Implemented billing conversion to XBilling and re-invoicing process.
- Authored STP reports on time management and accounts receivable aging for CFO’s review.
- Estimated new accounts receivable with 95% accuracy; increased contract value by 30%.
- Identified a flawed invoice coding structure resulting in a £25,000 cost savings.
- Authored metadata reporting documentation to facilitate a change in business reporting.
Billing Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Accurately matched supplier invoices, product records, and billing invoices for a major distributor.
- Detected errors in accounts payable transactions to avoid duplicate payments and late fees.
- Compiled documentation of all audits findings, corrective actions taken by client during fiscal year.
- Contributed to the successful completion of 100% customer satisfaction survey ratings from internal customers within required time period, as requested by the Client Service Manager.
- Tracked down a paperwork error that led to a $100,000 overpayment from express payment services; identified the problem before the payment was processed and prevented loss of revenue.
Billing Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Proficient in data entry of insurance policies and claims; increased efficiency by developing a bill reconciliation process, including the design and implementation of internal controls.
- Tracked down resource intensive computer errors by tracing code back to where it originated; discovered that Windows was missing several DLL files necessary for program operation.
- Improved invoice processing operations through efficiencies and standardization of the invoicing process; recognized with an award for excellence from one of the largest health care organizations in America.
- Identified significant variances with respect to customer billing reconciliations, providing reasoning for each variance along with specific corrective actions required to resolve them.
- Detected multiple discrepancies in timeliness created when the system was updated without implementing the changes to the billing application; restored data and continued management reports while overseeing resolution of error.
Billing Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Reorganized billing process to increase efficiency by 20%; recognized by supervisor for initiative and hard work.
- Oversaw the production of over 1,000,000 bills in six months; received award for accuracy and timeliness during month-end processing.
- Gathered information to resolve discrepancies in payment postings; negotiated with vendors through daily phone contact.
- Closed $4 million accounts receivable balance in less than four months after identifying $700,000 discrepancy; earned promotion.
- Managed accounts payable for one division within company; saved 10% or $50,000 after negotiating favourable rates on services provided by insurance companies.
Billing Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Identified several cost savings opportunities by providing queries and reports that identified various issues impacting the company’s billing model.
- Established a more efficient process for invoicing paperless statements which contributed to an annual savings of $10 million.
- Received recognition from CEO, CFO, and VP of Operations during annual review for significantly improving efficiency in processes by over 20 percent.
- Collaborated with external auditors to design a new approach to reconcile accounts payable, implement process enhancements, and draft internal control documentation.
- Maintained compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements through effective oversight of account reconciliations related to SOX 404 compliance requirements.
Billing Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Completed 4 week training program with 100% score; added to staffing immediately.
- Researched and resolved complex problems of billing discrepancies for external clients, including major national financial institution.
- Collaborated with two teams, each of 12 analysts, to successfully complete the annual 8-week close cycle.
- Removed billings failing to meet client billing guidelines which resulted in saved revenue for company > $100k/year.
- Developed new methodologies that streamlined processes resulting in increased productivity and accuracy of bills by 45%.
Billing Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Designed and developed billing process for new customer, increasing monthly billing cycle from six days to practically instantaneously.
- Oversaw update of client manuals, tracking client usage and providing feedback on changes needed; met three-month deadline ahead of schedule.
- Managed day-to-day administration and planning for multi-disciplinary team.
- Reviewed contracts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations prior to execution; discovered several errors in contract language that could have cost company up to $175,000.
- Spearheaded successful campaign during which the firm’s retention rate increased by 300%. Resulting in an increase in billable hours across all departments resulting in the number one spot out of 22 firms in the nation for billable hours.
Billing Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Promoted to billing lead after two years in which I introduced a new automated spreadsheet solution leading to a 30% increase in productivity.
- Led the team that successfully resolved an issue for a major client allowing us to retain their business and receive a $50,000 bonus.
- Grew department revenue from $5 million to $10 million during my tenure by refining business procedures resulting from mergers and acquisitions.
- Pioneered development of departmental workflow tools including user permissions, backup policies, and document sharing.
- Performed 100% accurate reconciliations while working under pressure; gained recognition as one of the best employees on the high profile accounts for which we were responsible.
Billing Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Systematically developed vendor invoices into usable data by assessing account numbers, descriptors, and distributions.
- Researched discrepancies between sales reports and actual sales recorded in general ledger.
- Shipped expenses to investors with weekly financial statements so clients may monitor their investment portfolios more efficiently.
- Identified variances between estimated revenues and actual revenues at the trend analysis level of detail by evaluating applicable trend report data with management responsibility levels’ profit budgets.
- Reduced auditing time for equity audits through development of audit software that enables users to create, edit, distribute, store, archive, update their own work files without assistance from the system administrator.
Billing Analyst Resume Sample 11
- Contributed to the success of company project by streamlining invoicing procedures.
- Achieved over $200,000 in savings for my organization; recognized by President for exceptional performance.
- Provided daily financial reports on an International BPO project worth several million dollars.
- Led team of four analysts to achieve 100% billing accuracy for fiscal year ending 03/31/2015; recognized by President as role model for excellence efficiency and teamwork.
- Improved overall annual billing accuracy from 92% to 99%.
To become a Billing Analyst, you need a high school diploma, although many companies prefer candidates with an undergraduate degree in a related field. A Billing Analyst must be good with numbers, must have excellent organizational skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be analytical, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent time management skills, and must be able to work in a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.