A Back Waiter assists the Front Waiter in a restaurant or dining establishment. Their responsibilities include ensuring bread baskets are full, refilling drinks, removing empty dishes, stocking table items, ensuring food is cooked promptly, and assisting customers with requests.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Back Waiter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Back Waiter resumes for your reference.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 1
- Instructed employees in the company’s labor-management policies, practices, and procedures.
- Helped maintain the quality and efficiency of team services provided by employees in the format of daily specials, hot-to-taste entrées, and fast and fresh beverage service.
- Maintained organizational knowledge of food preparation as a culinary artist in learning kitchen operations.
- Delivered top-quality product service through teamwork with dining room staff to guest satisfaction.
- Recognized for outstanding work performance; served as back waiter for company establishment for four years.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 2
- Responsive, friendly, and professional service provided to the hospital, nursing homes, and local community.
- Quickly adapted to shift changes, worked the front of the house as well as the kitchen when needed.
- Operated a cash register; invoiced and collected payments promptly; provided exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Received award for customer satisfaction rating after consistently providing excellent customer service with employees who expressed appreciation by leaving money in tip jars.
- Voted employee of the month for providing outstanding customer service on a regular basis.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 3
- Trained and supervised approximately 80 back-waiter employees, who performed in groups of three.
- Zeroed in on the most efficient and effective ways to train employees.
- Fostered a positive attitude among all employees through knowing each one personally.
- Coordinated employee time cards for 15 departments and ensured completion of tasks that met deadlines.
- Self-motivated to organize appetizer recipes in a cohesive manner.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 4
- Trained and motivated service staff to identify and inform patrons of restaurant policy.
- Initiated conflict resolution with irate patrons by communicating effectively, offering helpful advice.
- Gave accurate recommendations on menu choices and acted as a resource in resolving quality issues during performance reviews.
- Researched best practices for restaurant management by attending seminars and professional meetings for education, current news, and advice on promotions.
- Implemented suggestions for cost-efficiency after accumulating data from reviews of hundreds of people that had visited the establishment.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 5
- Served three hundred customers in one shift with a 20% daily increase in volume.
- Singled out, trained, and supervised the operation of a back-waiter station.
- Performed duties to assure customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Guaranteed maximum customer satisfaction through attention to detail in service delivery.
- Recognized by the Manager for Outstanding Performance.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 6
- Delivered over 1200 meals to guests at the nursing home, courteous and personalized service that assured a repeat guest.
- Participated in various fund-raising programs including the Foster’s Soup Kitchen Festival and the Salvation Army Angel Tree Fund.
- Organized and coordinated food service for the annual Black Tie Auction Ball in October 2013.
- Served as the Executive Director of Relay for Life, serving over 25,000 pounds of food to cancer survivors.
- Established and implemented the monthly Black History Month program in December 2012. It was an annual multimillion-dollar fundraising event.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 7
- Provided superior customer service by recognizing guests’ needs and concerns before they could be voiced; able to clearly communicate verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Quickly recognized flaws in displayed merchandise and personally alerted management of breakable items.
- Maintained cleanliness by keeping the dining area neat, stocked, and organized while excelling in the timely execution of duties.
- Awarded “most sales per hour” recognition based on maintained sales records; served 100% of guests within a 35-minute period during peak periods.
- Earned respect as a team member who kept morale positive with a positive attitude, maintaining positive relationships with other employees, supervisors, managers, and clients.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 8
- Properly and efficiently assisted guests with breakfast, lunch, and dinner requests according to the restaurants’ standards.
- Proficient in serving alcoholic beverages in accordance with state laws; received positive feedback from management for avoiding negative incidents regarding minors attempting to purchase alcohol.
- Achieved award for building rapport with customers, increasing the sales of liquor by fifteen percent.
- Recognized by peers for assisting with closing duties including but not limited to sweeping and mopping floors, clearing tables, stocking bar products, and cleaning restrooms.
- Recognized as a trusted aid in assisting the wait staff during busy hours; effectively managed time between multiple tasks.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 9
- Resolved customer issues and concerns providing delayed orders, incorrect orders, substitutions, and misunderstandings.
- Achieved Company of the Year award for restaurant sales; developed a team of eighty-five waiters.
- Generated record-breaking restaurant profits by increasing business profits by 20% through effective menu expansion and promotion.
- Motivated fellow workers to provide excellence in customer service; developed over 100 servers.
- Sold more products in less time by organizing a new product information system; developed over fifty servers.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 10
- Attained level I certification in all sushi preparation, plating, and presentation.
- Accompanied 100% of restaurant product inventory per schedule with accuracy over 80%.
- Delivered over 6,000 meals to critically ill patients via patient discharge or death.
- Received recognition from customers for quick service, positive attitude, and willingness to help.
- Achieved award for impeccable customer service; interacted well with patients and coworkers.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 11
- Greeter, seated guests and delivered meals to tables in a timely and courteous manner.
- Quickly resolved customer complaints, which were often sensitive situations that required tactful handling.
- Worked within the guidelines of the company’s service procedures by building rapport with guests and resolving conflicts without any documented incidents.
- Recognized by District Manager for providing “exemplary customer service” in such a way that increased sales and reduced customer turnover.
- Achieved certification as an exclusive member of the “A-List” team, an elite group of servers handpicked by management to provide personalized service.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 12
- Quickly learned the characteristics of foods and wines; acquired and maintained knowledge of over 300 menu entrees.
- Managed the wait station, using all food preparation equipment, while completing other tasks.
- Consistently updated the wait station by preparing appetizers, salads, soups, and one entree per hour.
- Maintained proper sanitation in food preparation, storage, and serving areas; assist in maintaining a sanitary kitchen facility.
- Learned to manage a team that consistently met or exceeded company standards for guest satisfaction.
Back Waiter Resume Sample 13
- Established a positive work environment by helping customers to their car, restaurant, hotel room, and to the front office.
- Trained and managed servers, dispatchers, and waitresses while ensuring high customer service.
- Handled special events such as banquets, sports events, and dances; organized announcements over the public address system.
- Offered support for executives from four countries with extended knowledge of foreign hospitality customs.
- Assisted at various functions including preparing banquet menus, serving meals to groups of people in large halls of vast dimensions.
To become a Back Waiter, you need a high school diploma, in addition to a food handler’s permit. A Back Waiter must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, must have great stamina, must have excellent hospitality skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be adaptable, and must have excellent time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Back Waiter Resume Samples
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 1
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 2
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 3
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 4
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 5
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 6
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 7
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 8
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 9
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 10
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 11
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 12
- Back Waiter Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up